Sign in to follow this  
ArmaFiend

AI path LOD and ships. Discussion

I have seen many ship mods in the works. I would like to build some sea assets. Would a pathLOD help in keeping AI on deck? Static objects only.

More important than a pathlod is Roadway.

The size limit does have a work around by splitting and attaching to proxie. Roadway LOD working on all ships I have seen but ai pathing I have yet to see. Has there been any testing done on ship paths?

I will test this on the ship I am creating but I am in modeling phase.

I wasn't talking about any size limit; you asked about keeping AI on deck.  If you don't have a roadway the path won't matter.  If you do have a roadway and the ship is stationary you and they can walk around.  (Then your paths matter.)  When the ship begins to move you'll all slide toward the stern and die.

I'm ok with that, cargo ship can be stationary. I just don't want to finish and find out AI just run into the water before I even land to retake the ship. It's a lot of modeling and textureing so I am checking/testing as I model.

I'm ok with that, cargo ship can be stationary. I just don't want to finish and find out AI just run into the water before I even land to retake the ship. It's a lot of modeling and textureing so I am checking/testing as I model.

If it's just going to be a stationary object, build a cube and put a roadway and a path on it.  It doesn't need to be a ship if it won't be sailing.