Sign in to follow this  
ronhillultra

Roads showing in game but not in Buldozer

I am one of two devs (brothers) working on Esseker map.
It has been in development for over a year now. Due to some real life problems we had to take a break from map making for about 5 months. We have recently installed all the tools and started working on the map again.

We have problems with buldozer not showing the roads, while after crunching the map with PboProject, roads work ingame. We delt already with this problem when we started working on Esseker, buldozer was displaying roads just fine. 

Our roads system is made with .shp files.
This is content of my editor.sqs file on P: drive

~3
diag_log "Before Loading Roads";
result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/Esseker/data/roads/";
diag_log "After Loading Roads";

I have tried different values instead of "3" and without "diag_log" thing.
This is a bit of a problem since I have to save project, pack it in .pbo and than run the game just to see the result of small changes I make.
I have already spent hours trying to fix this problem and talked to a lot of people about this, but still no luck.
Does anyone have any idea what can I do to fix this?  

You do have it inside a folder called 'scripts' don't you ?

I see no reason it won't work, mine that works is just simply :

~.1
result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/PX1/spero/data/roads/";

Yep, same as mine

I do know that Smokey has the same problem, no matter what he's done/tried in the past, BD just won't show his roads .... he's cursed.

I am under impression that some comma or quotations mark is missing somewhere... its so frustrating.

Road system when we started working on Esseker didn't really work in TB so we used shapes. There is no .p3d files associated with these roads and I guess it might be problem for some mod devs to use because AI doesnt properly recognize these shape files as roads.
And I want to make the map as functional as Chernarus.

What I want to ask Is it a bad thing using this shape file road system? 

Shape files weren't possible in A2, A3 does use shapes, so Ai will be fine, that is why we have Ai offsets in our roadslib.cfg

I don't see any missing commas or quotes in your editor.sqs and it's not case sensitive as mine also contains upper and lower case

My path :

~.1
result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/PX1/spero/data/roads/";

Your path :

~.1
result = buldozer_LoadNewRoads "P:/Esseker/data/roads/";

@ronhillultra Hey man ! Its great to hear youre back on map development! Esseker is one of the best maps out there and gave me the inspiration to start playing about with it my self! About your roads problem im a bit to nooby to help i think, but did you remember to add the ID field and number in database? I have also noticed some road types (so far mainly terrain pack ones[just a few]) just not showing up, but i bet you tried with different type of roads...