Saxøn

[WIP] Project Overwatch - Australian & New Zealand Special Forces

Hello Everybody,

It's been a while since the last update so here's a quick SITREP on what we've been up to.

D8NdmLT.png

The team is proud to announce our recent co-operation with Platatac who have agreed to back us and provide us with information, CAD files and references in order for us to accurately replicate equipment currently fielded with Australian soldiers, You can read part of the conversation here.

We've also been hard at work with our uniforms and equipment. Warden and souldrinker have kicked off work on the M4 and it's accessories which will be a key piece of the modification. I'll allow them to decide when they are ready to post screenshots etc. We also have two new additions to the team Adacas and Thom, who have agreed to help us out with equipment and clothing items. Welcome guys.

That's mainly it for the time being i'll try and pull my finger out and post more media in the coming weeks however i'd like to briefly mention we are always scouting for more talent to join the team, if you're confident with Object Builder, 2D/3D Art or scripting feel free to shoot me a PM on the forums. 

Cheers All.

• Like 23

Can't contain my excitement! been so long since Australian forces have had any decent mods showcasing them......can't wait to see the product boys well done so far.

• Like 2

Wow, Glad I've found this. There's always been a lack of high quality Australian and New Zealand overhauls. Very happy to hear you guys will be filling that gap!

Much appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, will the New Zealand Army's MCU camo be included? These link has some photos of the SAS wearing it, along with showing both the UBACs type shirt which has what looks like padded/ventilated shoulders (which also seem to appear on some of their multicam unforms). http://www.gearsoc.se/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4658. Also here's a link to the multicam shirt which includes a photo of the NZSAS wearing it http://www.platatac.com/platatac-cool-under-tactical-shirt-cuts-nyco.html?___SID=U

Mod looks promising so far! I'll definitely download once a version is available. I'm thinking of making a mod similar to this one adding in the Finnish Defense Forces as my first mod. I was wondering what is the process of making a mod like this entail and what would be some good resources to start mod making.

Pretty sure this mod is dead boys. Lads were taking control of the cqb mod, and one of the devs said there that it was dead. :*( 

yeaap shes dead. i was workin on this mod, everyone just seemed to fade away for some reason. IRL stuff i guess

Several of the guys are active duty ADF, I'm also on their discord page, there hasn't been much activity in recent months, and some of the other guys are now working different side projects.

If Saxon wishes this thread to be closed. Then we can put it to bed, and consign it to the "addon Graveyard" so to speak. 

• Like 1

I can confirm this addon is sadly terminal, locked on the OP's request.