Saxøn

[WIP] Project Overwatch - Australian & New Zealand Special Forces

G'day all,

What is Project Overwatch?: Project Overwatch is a modification aiming to replicate all modern vehicles, weapons and equipment used by both Australian and New Zealand Special Forces Branches.

Today we are proud to announce Project Overwatch. The majority of us have been playing the ArmA series since OFP and we intend on bringing quality content rather  in regards to our work and features. However we do have lives outside of Arma and are mostly very busy people so the mod is being worked on at our own pace.

We are always looking to strengthen our foundations and expand the team. If you are confident in Configs or scripting, 3D art, Textures, Terrain development or O2 feel free to contact me via the forums. Any and all help will be appreciated greatly.

WpcXbFf.png

Branches we are focusing on include the Australian 2CDO (2nd Commando Rgt), SASR (Special Air Service Regiment), SOER (Special Operations Engineer Regiment), NCDT (Navy Clearance Diving Teams), TAG-E and TAG-W (Tactical Assault Group East and West), 4SQN (No.4 Squadron RAAF) and the 1STNZSAS (1st New Zealand SAS).

General questions will be accepted on the thread, so long as they aren't feature requests, stupid questions or just plain ol' spam

Disclaimer: Project Overwatch is merely a placeholder title for the modification and may be changed at a later date.

• Like 27

Good luck with your project, Kiwis and Ozies SF would be great in Arma 3.

• Like 1

Awesome! I miss the days of A2, kicking down doors in Takistan with Sabre's SOTG units, screaming "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi". Good luck with this!

• Like 1

You're the guy who does models for the 1/6th company??

Nope

Looks great Saxøn and look forward to putting this mod up on some Day0 servers when it is ready.  We are pushing ADFUNCUT on some PvP servers soonish and would love to have your mod on in the future.

• Like 1

Now all must fear, as the aussies are here. Looking great guys, I would offer my assistance but I'm still relatively new to model making and I do believe I have a formidable texture for the new AMCU. Goodluck anyway lads, looking forward to playing with these beauties in-game.

• Like 1

Now all must fear, as the aussies are here. Looking great guys, I would offer my assistance but I'm still relatively new to model making and I do believe I have a formidable texture for the new AMCU. Goodluck anyway lads, looking forward to playing with these beauties in-game.

Cheers mate, we are constantly learning throughout development, it's all a learning experience when it comes to modding Arma. Sent you a PM btw

• Like 1

G'day all,                                                                                          

Today we would like to announce the collaboration of both Project Overwatch and CQB-M  (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179939-close-quarter-battle-mod-cqb-m-wip/)

The CQBM team have faced certain issues both in their personal lives and with certain aspects of the mod itself. Our team will be assisting in finishing the bulk of the work for CQBM and helping it progress further. We plan on still releasing the mod as a standalone as originally intended, but core features from the modification itself will be integrated into Project Overwatch further in the development phase. A handful of members of the original CQBM team have decided to stick around and continue work on the modification with our assistance. Moderators may i ask that the CQBM thread please remain open, as we will be posting progress updates and monitoring the thread for people who are specifically interested in CQBM. As stated earlier we are still interested in volunteers to assist in development, especially with the new aspect of CQBM.

More info in the coming days.

Cheers gents

• Like 4

Happy Australia Day!

From all of the Overwatch team we would like to wish everyone a Happy Australia Day and say a big thank you for all of the recent support from the community. More progress updates are on the way.

aCHJ9cS.jpg

GpE7VH9.png

Cheers guys,

Take it easy and have a good one.

• Like 7

G'day chaps,

Got a little early WIP shot for you all

pvd17qE.png

Anyone guess what this beast is called?

Edit: ltf and wansec_6 are correct! This is our early WIP model on a heavily modified Uni-Mog variant utilized by the SASR. Dubbed as "Motherships", Their role was to act as mobile resupply points to SASR teams allowing them to operate for extended periods of time in enemy territory. Motherships where typically armed with MAG-58s, M2s or Mk19s for defensive purposes only, And where used frequently by Australian SOF during the Invasion of Iraq and the War in Afghanistan.

• Like 8

Its a mercedes unimog.

• Like 1

Volkswagen Humbug

;)

Well done so far fellas! This is going to make a lot of people happy. You have my support!  :D

Legonerd. 

• Like 1

Well done so far fellas! This is going to make a lot of people happy. You have my support!  :D

Legonerd. 

Cheers mate

Well done this mod looks not only very promising but it's also got that Australian and New Zealand aspect that you don't see get a lot of love these days within the ArmA Community cause you know.... 'Murica...

But from a fellow Auzzie keep up the good work mate!  :D

• Like 1

Well done this mod looks not only very promising but it's also got that Australian and New Zealand aspect that you don't see get a lot of love these days within the ArmA Community cause you know.... 'Murica...

But from a fellow Auzzie keep up the good work mate!  :D

Cheers mate, I hope we can deliver something for us all to enjoy :)

• Like 1