quickdagger

Dagger Weapons for Arma 3 (and ACE 3)

Hello friends,

This is Dagger Weapons (and ballistics) for Arma 3. You can download it here:

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30170

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639464956

Six Updater: http://withsix.com/p/arma-3/mods/BwbgUy_jqEipuxRIarFMRg/Dagger-Weapons-for-Arma-3-%28and-ACE-3%29

It adds many new sniper rifles and a wide variety of ammo types, wich use ACE 3 Advanced Ballistics parameters.

All ballistics data is based on real life coeficients and you can play the game using your real life ballistics calculator, as well as the ACE 3 ballistics hand held and rangecards.

The rifles are based on the wonderful Bohemia´s sample models for Arma 2 and come with many added features like iron sights, rails, etc, and they are painted in many different realistic official camouflage patterns. There are also some hand painted rifles, made using sniper´s real life techniques.

Manual, and signature included. No more LEA config file because people use Virtual Armoury now.

I hope you enjoy playing Dagger Weapons & Ballistics just like I´ve enjoyed making it.

Cheers!

dgr_weapons_effects.jpg
dgr_weapons.jpg

dgr_weapons_ammo_v2.jpgphoto hosting

Requirements

ACE 3: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28557

CBA: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Extra Notes

There are optional configs allowing to use Dagger magazines with Massi weapons, SMA and the 3 RHS´s.

BC´s come from Bryan Litz books and they were all set to G1 for the sake of comparison with other calibers with less info on them.

Current Version

V4.

Invitation To My Fellow Moders

Hey guys, if you make weapon mods and would like to add my ammo and magazines to your mods it would be an honor for me. Please, contact me so that we can advance this idea together!

Special Thanks

BI team, for the wonderful game, forums and sample models.

Massi, for the iron sights.

ACE team, for the the many sniper toys (like the Kestrel, Vec-21, tripod, etc).

WG6, for the M24A2 idea.

AR15 and Sniperhide forums, for the open minded discussions and mutual help.

BI team, for the wonderful game, forums and sample models.

Massi, for the iron sights.

ACE team, for the the many sniper toys (like the Kestrel, Vec-21, tripod, etc).

WG6, for the M24A2 idea.

AR15 and Sniperhide forums, for the open minded discussions and mutual help.

Team Dagger

Digao.pf, beta tester, arts suggestions, military research, logo.

ToreDL87, supporter.

Irvin_Mainway, military research and beta tester.

VekongMaster, military research, beta tester.

Sorophx, Arma3 youtube video.

Multiplaneta, mods research, Arma2 youtube video, beta tester , military research, animations.

Feltz, beta tester.

Dagger, project leader, 3D reticles, texture, specular and bump maps, manuals, FOV math, ballistics, configs, military research, beta tester.

Changelog

V1: First release.

V2: Added bump maps and specular maps to the weapons, added new ammo types, improved the weapons 3D models.

V3: Synced with Steam Workshop.

V4: Shared a sudy on Arma 3 ballistics, revised the penetration and damage system, fixed some .308 BC´s, made the ammo SMA, RHS and Marksmen DLC compatible and removed the message at the startup, fixed some rifle dispersions, added different shot sounds, added HP ammo to .300 blackout and 6.8 SPC calibers, fixed assault rifles magazine muzzle velocities to match ACE rifle barrel length parameters. Reduced weapons mass to allow carrying them inside backpacks with other stuff.

• Like 12

So much stuff! Great you've made it, now my mod collection is complete :)

The Zero Range column says ~100m with DGR Scopes. Does it mean you will update the Scopes to 100m zero?

• Like 1

Super Awesome, bro!!! i'm gonna give it a try :D

it's gonna work with ACE3, right?

• Like 1

So much stuff! Great you've made it, now my mod collection is complete :)

The Zero Range column says ~100m with DGR Scopes. Does it mean you will update the Scopes to 100m zero?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dagger's stuff is primarily designed to be used with ACE Ballistics and Sniping, thus the range tables. They don't use normal Arma 3 zeroing.  

Yes!

it's gonna work with ACE3, right?

Right!

Dagger's stuff is primarily designed to be used with ACE Ballistics and Sniping, thus the range tables. They don't use normal Arma 3 zeroing.

Well, in fact the new version of Dagger Scopes I´m working on will allow players to use Arma 3 zeroing.

But, the problem is ACE rangecard is zeroed at 100, and it´s stuck, for it doesn´t allow you to change its zero distance. You can set different zeroes in your Atrag though.

Anyway it is important to notice that, even if the config say your zero is at 200 m, it will be around 100 m in game. Never believe what the configs say when it comes to zero distance. To know the real zero you must go to the range and test.

Oh, and there is a manual inside explaining everything you need to know! Please, read it!

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dagger's stuff is primarily designed to be used with ACE Ballistics and Sniping, thus the range tables. They don't use normal Arma 3 zeroing.  

Yes you are right, however, the problem revolves around incompatible zero ranges. ACE's tables are set for ~100m but DGR Scopes are @300m.

Thus i've been bothering Dagger to release version zeroed @100m :ph34r:

Still, what Dagger said is the best option: take a weapon a go to range to confirm zeros.

Yes!

Yaay! :jump_clap:

Am I the only one who expected daggers?

Nice work non the less,

Cheers

You're not XD

Thus i've been bothering Dagger to release version zeroed @100m

hahahahaha that´s right!

:)

@Dagger,

Thank the Arma gods for you Dagger. I've been using your scopes for quite awhile now, and I love them!

When I saw that you had released a weapons pack, centered around long range shooting, I almost lost my shiitake mushrooms. Finally! And I'm so glad this works with ACE, and the ballistics within. My Arma experience is so close to being complete! Just need a few more rifles, with perhaps the same, and more, different camo variations.

I haven't noticed any bugs or problems yet, and I've been using them constantly since I've had them downloaded. Bravo!

Again, thank you, and great job on this mod, as well as your scopes.

Regards,

CDR Frenette

• Like 1

Yes you are right, however, the problem revolves around incompatible zero ranges. ACE's tables are set for ~100m but DGR Scopes are @300m.

Thus i've been bothering Dagger to release version zeroed @100m :ph34r:

Still, what Dagger said is the best option: take a weapon a go to range to confirm zeros.

Yaay! :jump_clap:

Afaik ACE3 Advanced Ballistics has Adjustable Scope Zero Adjustment feature which enables us to change our zero range

In other words, if you're running ACE3 Advanced Ballistics, you can just Re-Zero your loadout at 100 m using your scope adjustment turret.

1. Spawn a target at 100 m & take some shots
  2. dial up (click â†‘) or dial down (click â†“) until your shot lands perfectly spot on at 100 m,
  3. then go to the ACE interaction menu (ctrl+windows key) and select "Set New Zero"
  4. Done. Your Dagger Scope zero range is now perfectly 100 m ;)

Dagger scopes are zeroed at 300 m so at 100 m your shot is gonna be way high (probably about 0.7 to 1 Mil high).

In order to zero it at 100 m, you're gonna have to dial down your scope 0.7 to 1 Mil and set it as the New Zero. By doing it, you'll manage to change Dagger Scope zero range from 300 m to 100 m.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

Afaik ACE3 Advanced Ballistics has Adjustable Scope Zero Adjustment feature which enables us to change our zero range

In other words, if you're running ACE3 Advanced Ballistics, you can just Re-Zero your loadout at 100 m using your scope adjustment turret.

1. Spawn a target at 100 m & take some shots
  2. dial up (click â†‘) or dial down (click â†“) until your shot lands perfectly spot on at 100 m,
  3. then go to the ACE interaction menu (ctrl+windows key) and select "Set New Zero"
  4. Done. Your Dagger Scope zero range is now perfectly 100 m ;)

Dagger scopes are zeroed at 300 m so at 100 m your shot is gonna be way high (probably about 0.7 to 1 Mil high).

In order to zero it at 100 m, you're gonna have to dial down your scope 0.7 to 1 Mil and set it as the New Zero. By doing it, you'll manage to change Dagger Scope zero range from 300 m to 100 m.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you for your effort. I knew that :)

Unfortunately, as far as i know, it's not possible to save those zeros right? Every time i start a mission i'd have to re-set it i think. I'm not sure if it works even if i load a mission again cause i've noticed that ACE has some problem when loading a mission-the self interaction feature stops working.

Thank you for your effort. I knew that :)

Unfortunately, as far as i know, it's not possible to save those zeros right? Every time i start a mission i'd have to re-set it i think. I'm not sure if it works even if i load a mission again cause i've noticed that ACE has some problem when loading a mission-the self interaction feature stops working.

Yup you're right. The new 100 m Zero will only last until you quit the game :(

Everytime you start a mission, you gotta re-zero your scope again at 100 m.

By doing it over and over again, you'll memorize the dial for 100 m Zero & be able to automatically re-zero it again in the future without having to spawn & shoot a 100 m target lol XD that's what i always do ;)

if you want ACE Range Card to be compatible with Dagger 300 m zero, you can pretty much just change the Zero Range in the AtragMX (ACE3 Ballistics Solver) from 100 m to 300 m. It'll change the Range Card zero range to be the same as the Dagger scope 300 m zero range :)

• Like 1

if you want ACE Range Card to be compatible with Dagger 300 m zero, you can pretty much just change the Zero Range in the AtragMX (ACE3 Ballistics Solver) from 100 m to 300 m. It'll change the Range Card zero range to be the same as the Dagger scope 300 m zero range :)

Hey Wadiwatir, mine does not do that :(

Do you happen to know why? I have saved the new ammo in the Atrag.

Table_And_Atrag.jpg

And I have another doubt. For example, if I measure a temperature of 23 C degrees, should I consider the muzzle velocity of 851 m/s, 859m/s or should I bracket some value in between?

Oops i didn't know that. Could you elaborate how to do it? I didn't use AtragMX before.

@Dagger:

I only get one column filled in the rangecard, for 20 degrees C. :(  The others are all empty. What could be the problem?

I only get one column filled in the rangecard, for 20 degrees C. :(  The others are all empty. What could be the problem?

You are running a mission without the advanced ballistics module. Please, check my manual to see how to create a mission with advanced ballistics. You can also:

1) Download any mission you want.

2) Use Eliteness from Mikero tools to open the pbo.

3) Paste the extracted content to your folder: C:\Users\Me\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Dagger\mpmissions

4) Open the game and edit the extracted mission. It will appear in blue. Add the ACE advanced ballistics module and wind deflection module.

5) Voilla! You have added advanced ballistics to any mission you want.

Oops i didn't know that. Could you elaborate how to do it? I didn't use AtragMX before.

I think that was for the earlier ACE versions. Now it does not work anymore.

• Like 1

You are running a mission without the advanced ballistics module. Please, check my manual to see how to create a mission with advanced ballistics. You can also:

1) Download any mission you want.

2) Use Eliteness from Mikero tools to open the pbo.

3) Paste the extracted content to your folder: C:\Users\Me\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Dagger\mpmissions

4) Open the game and edit the extracted mission. It will appear in blue. Add the ACE advanced ballistics module and wind deflection module.

5) Voilla! You have added advanced ballistics to any mission you want.

Man thanks! It seems there are quite a few tricks i had no clue about. Just realized the advanced ballistics need to be added to a mission (i foolishly thought it was automatically activated).

I'm gonna test it asap.

EDIT:

I see you suggest we turn off advanced ballistics in the full-auto mode. Is that for performance reasons or something else?

I see you suggest we turn off advanced ballistics in the full-auto mode. Is that for performance reasons or something else?

Yeah, for performance.

But, you could turn it on and see whether your game still runs smooth.

@Dagger:

to use AtragMX, click "Pause/Break" key.

Plug-in all the required data :

1. Loadout :

A. Bullet :

- Ballistics Coefficient (BC)

- Muzzle Velocity (MV)

- Caliber

- Mass

- Length

B. Rifle :

- Barrel Twist Rate

- Twist Direction

- Scope Height

2. Atmospheric Condition

A. Air Pressure

B. Air Temperature 

C. Humidity

3. Target Profile

A. Range

B. Angle of Firing

C. Latitude

D. Azimuth

E. Movement Speed

F. Zero Range

After entering the data, click "RC" at the top left corner of the AtragMX screen.

It'll show the Range Card in the AtragMX. But i much prefer using the direct Firing Solution for a specific target range.

Honestly i never use your ACE3 "Hasty Range Card",  I always use the AtragMX Range Card and direct Firing Solution.

AFAIK, your ACE3 "Hasty Range Card" is calculated based on AtragMX so it's very likely to be the same as the AtragMX Range Card. I'm still running the old version of ACE3 though so i can't tell if it still works that way in the latest version. 

• Like 2

@wadiwatir:

Thanks, great! Hope i'll pull it off :)  I'm gonna use the Daggers data for MV.

i had no clue Atrag has its own rangecard.

• Like 1

Just remember different temperatures have different muzzle velocities.