jcae2798

Binarize mission file

Sooo.....yea came across my mission file getting Binarized due to this setting in EDEN....  I'm assuming this is a newer feature as a recent previous mission of mine is still good but the latest is not.  FYI for all!  Setting is in Preferences.

So question however, once the mission is Binarized, can it be converted back with tools or something?  I would also maybe suggest that this not be enabled by default?

Thanks

Scenarios are now binarized by to save space and improve loading times. Most people will never edit SQM manually, that's why we decided to make it default behavior. Advanced users can toggle this per scenario (in General attributes) or in editor preferences.

Thanks for the reply Moricky.  Make sense.

For the community, i did find a workaround (not the best however).  What i had to end up doing was open the original mission, copy all objects, and then paste it into a new scenario using the same grid coords option (this is a fantastic feature!!!!).  The only downside (i found anyways) is the names of the objects get screwed up.  For example, MYOBJECT was renamed to MYOBJECT_1.

So hope that helps.

Workaround for what? Simply open the scenario in Eden, disable binarization in General attributes and save it again.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up! Almost had a heart attack yesterday when my Campaigns menu crashed due to the game not being able to load one of these binarised .SQMs from my current campaign project in development. When I opened the file in question in notepad, I thought it was some sort of saving error from Eden. Glad to hear it's intended though.^^ 

Workaround for what? Simply open the scenario in Eden, disable binarization in General attributes and save it again.

Wish i would have known this  :(   However i think i tried and tried and no luck.  I think the difference however to the point you made here is there are two places:

1. Under Preferences

2. Under scenario General options (Attributes)

#2 did it, where i think i was only looking at #1 at first.  So forget my workaround  :P

To make things a bit clearer, I renamed the Preferences option to "Binarize New Scenario Files". I've also added the checkbox directly to the Save Window, so now you can see if the scenario is going to be binarized and change it if needed when saving it.

Should be available in the next dev version.

• Like 2

If you make a mission then remove mods and can't open it in Eden. You can use Eliteness to open binarized sqm files.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2016 at 2:21 AM, jinker said:

If you make a mission then remove mods and can't open it in Eden. You can use Eliteness to open binarized sqm files.

Yes! Exactly my problem and the solution I was looking for.

Thanks

I have changed that setting back and forth a few times now, with zero luck at all of getting my file saved without being binarized....

Is there any other way to binarize mission.sqm because I edited the file without binarizing it and now I can't go back and enable it because I have errors