Pomi Git

BHI Mods Discussion thread

@Pomigit - just discovered this thread, mate! Can't wait to see what you guys get up to next - the very best of luck with it all; the world's your oyster, as they say! :D

• Like 1

Any update on what you guys are working on? Been really looking forward to what's next.

Hi James,

Our main focus is on an Unreal Engine project. We'll announce something about that when the time is right via our social channels. 

As for ARMA 3, we'll be releasing a few small mods as time permits. The first cab off the rank is a sci-fi inspired Plasma rifle based on an original concept.

The textures need to be redone but here's a few WIP pictures:

HM1OBYZl.jpg

rbZhUQSl.jpg

• Like 8

Still sticking with futuristic concept huh? I LIKE IT!!

• Like 1

I saw this and remembered about this project.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-3-fan-remake-devs-say-its-be/1100-6440474/

(Valve agreed to distribute unofficial star wars game made in unreal engine)

It's quite unusual and unprecedented, perhaps it will be shut down on Monday, or maybe you misinterpreted Disney's attitude towards mods.

I saw this and remembered about this project.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-3-fan-remake-devs-say-its-be/1100-6440474/

(Valve agreed to distribute unofficial star wars game made in unreal engine)

It's quite unusual and unprecedented, perhaps it will be shut down on Monday, or maybe you misinterpreted Disney's attitude towards mods.

Valves liability is limited. Similar to how torrent providers enable sharing of TV shows and movies. Plus they never had an issue with our mod either. There was no misinterpretation, we specifically asked for approval to publish our mod and they made it clear they couldn't do this.

On that note I want to make it clear I have not provided permission for anyone to distribute the cancelled mod. Anyone found sharing it will be reported accordingly.

There is a possibility some of the assets from the mod will be re-released in some form. When, where and by who is TBA. If anyone with the appropriate skills and experience is interested in taking ownership of the mod then feel free to pm me.

• Like 1

Gday folks. Here's some new renders of the KAR-18 plasma rifle we'll be releasing soon for ARMA 3. Plus a playable skeleton. What, why? Find out soon :D

https://imgur.com/a/oq8GQ

• Like 6

Plasma rifle is quite beautiful......while the skeleton looks like he's been playing Ravage for the longest time.  

Awesome stuff man.

• Like 1

Gday folks. Here's some new renders of the KAR-18 plasma rifle we'll be releasing soon for ARMA 3. Plus a playable skeleton. What, why? Find out soon :D

Love the new plasma rifle, is the scope interchangeable with other scopes? Also do you plan on marksman, machine gun and perhaps a pistol in the same style ?

• Like 2

That is one cool rifle, though I do like the full black more! Glad to see you guys are hard at work. 

Looking forward to see what the skeleton is for! :D

• Like 1

Awesome work guys!

I do have a suggestion if you intent to release several small scifi assets : do not release them seperately. Make one big collection, easy to download and use for everyone. ;)

Looking forward to playing with this baby!

• Like 1

Love the new plasma rifle, is the scope interchangeable with other scopes? Also do you plan on marksman, machine gun and perhaps a pistol in the same style ?

Cheers mate. Yeah defo will be interchangable, already got that setup. Haven't really thought about other guns but it's not out of the question with time.

That is one cool rifle, though I do like the full black more! Glad to see you guys are hard at work.

Looking forward to see what the skeleton is for! :D

Thanks man. Will probably do a few texture variants. I thought the black made it look too present day but I can keep it in there for sure :)
  • Like 2

TEAM STATEMENT

its come to our attention that a star wars mod has begun circulating online containing a large quantity stolen assets, not only from our cancelled imperial assault mod but from commercial titles such as star wars Battlefront.

Firstly I'd like to make it clear we have not provided approval for our mod to be rereleased in any form. These actions have been undertaken without our consent.

Likewise we do not condone the release of assets from commercial titles for which the author does not own or have the rights to release.

We strongly believe such behaviour tarnishes the modding community and I hope you all join us in condemning this behaviour.

We also personally request that you do not attempt to download this mod and do not share it.

The BHI team

• Like 6

Liking the look of the new plasma gun. Would be cool if there's original vehicles like the walker AT-ST but a different looking and naming one.
I believe I don't see anything wrong if it's a new originally created IP that functions almost the same but entirely different.

Considering like... the videos I watched on the WIP walker animation would be such a waste to dumb it out XD.

I believe a new sci-fi franchise that is similar to the vast universe of SW would be pretty sick too. 

On 18.6.2016 at 3:32 AM, pomigit said:

Thanks man. Will probably do a few texture variants. I thought the black made it look too present day but I can keep it in there for sure :)

For some reason it has become a "thing" in AAA scifi games that if something needs to be "sci-fi", it needs to have some fancy shiny color on the body. So ironically scifi is going back to this style of warfare - the one with the fanciest color scheme is the strongest kek

The black version in arma looks like a real gun one would use in a sci-fi scenario to me. A rugged piece of equipment without much shine or fashion, but with purpose and lethality... imo (in the external renderer its a bit too much wear, in arma it seems to fine though).

Gday folks, its been a while since I've posted here. I just created a new YouTube channel where I plan to post dev videos for all my projects. To kick things off I've posted a video of the KAR-18 in game. Make sure you watch to the end to see the plasma balls in action. It still needs a bit of work to get it to a releasable state but you can see here how we intend for it to work.

• Like 12

Hello. For those of you who followed BHI on Facebook you may recall we did a poll prior to the page being taken offline.

The poll raised the question of whether anyone was interested in seeing images of unreleased content from Imperial Assault. We promised to release them if the majority of our followers were in favour.

82% of those who voted wanted us to do this.

With the page now offline and BHI as a team effectively finished I figure there's no harm in following thru with this promise.

So here they are for anyone that's still interested. 

All models shown in this image library were either made by individuals within the team or were used with appropriate permission. Where we did not make the model ourselves the original creator has been credited in the image description.
  • Like 8

It's really a shame that Imperial Assault couldn't get going properly, it looked like it was forming up to be a really great mod with an exceptionally skilled team behind it. 

• Like 8