HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

There be 33% of female soilders in the IDF ! Some of them works on the front of Israel . 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Female_Soldiers_Take_a_Break_in_the_Desert_Sun.jpg

Israeli-soldier-girls-200-c.jpg

F120307NS29.jpg

i think good ideas for hair  concept ... i hope this helps a bit ?? 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8147/7456202060_c9464c16dd_h.jpg

best regards

Hello fellow citizens of Armalandia!

Its nice to know I've been missed! :D I was away for a few days because me and the mistress moved to a new place last weekend. There was a few days of intensive packing and few days of hauling our stuff to the new place.

But now Im back! And will answer your queries when I've read through them! 

So much to catch up with.

• Like 1

Good to see you back HG-hope the move went okay...I hate moving..You seem to have gained an ally in your mission judging from some of the posts made above.

Good to see you back HG-hope the move went okay...I hate moving..You seem to have gained an ally in your mission judging from some of the posts made above.

Went surprisingly well thank you. Though it took a while..

And yes its great to hear that others are interested in contributing since thats exactly what I've hoped for. It really could speed up the whole process!

1. Wanting to help

2. Armamodding is hard?

3. Other female models in Arma 3

I PMd you back the first thing I logged in but to summarize:

1. All help with this project is appreciated and much wanted since I too am busy with work and other projects and I've really hoped that when I release the rigged base version there would be others to make more characters and animations with it to fill the void.

2. Learning curve is quite steep to get the workflow going, but since you've used Blender before I would recommend checking out the ever so useful FHQ Arma Toolbox for Blender I've found it immensly useful and I can almost skip all use of the Object Builder now.

3. As far as I know all other female characters are using the male skeleton and animations and its the fastest way to go around the matter. I started this project as a learning experiment and for the challenge a different sized human character brings and just because I didnt want to take the easier route. :9

*snipped*

Thanks man! I've been thinking of making the release base model something like what you posted so thanks for the reference pictures!

Hello, 

Thanks for the reference pics!

If I get involved too in modeling and texturing (in case HG asks me for it and I have the time, but I guess the priority is the anims), I do always an intense research for graphic references, quite much from real life photos, oficial sources, etc. And well, it will certainly help having those you posted, I have already saved them in a project folder :). Due to the style of the base game (Arma 3), best shot would be going realistic, probably less of a fashion or bikini model looks and walk, although no need of making them all like hulk-women or anything. Indeed, a women with all the military clothing the heavy back pack, weapons, belts, the heavy gun, and trained in that just like any marine...Has quite similar walks in that situation to a man. but slightly different, that's the key (slightly different skeleton)...Or that's my 2c at least...Doing the most normal, average woman would be the best shot, as then it can serve to every mod out there, imho. IE, a fashion model, or a bombastic curvaceous woman (plus getting then maybe a feminists reaction, surely with reason) wouldn't work for a lot of situations (ie, NPCs walking in the street, even if you're in some areas of California) , not even a super muscular women. This is what I have liked most of the model HG has built.

I have replied HG in length, by PM. Is a matter that once that's released, I'll be able to do some work on it. I have no hurries at all, as I do this as a hobby, when time allows, same as probably he does ;)

What he plans to provide makes things much easier than I imagined.  :)

Cheers,

Thank you for your good statement ! 

Here is an example 

real life ! >

Israeli-Soldier-Girl-Pic-119.jpg

Israeli-Soldier-Girl-Pic-84.jpg

:wub:

http://www.solveisraelsproblems.com/pictures-of-israeli-female-soldiers-in-and-out-of-uniform/

yes some Female work for the US  1st SFOD-D(DeltaForce) 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and the  Hulk  problem (syndrom)

ron1.jpg

tumblr_lsx5gbgEov1qkkrczo1_500.jpg

:huh:  :wacko:  :unsure:  :o  :annoy:

when you put female heads on male bodys looks like ..... :lol:

Point .

best regards  

So, put together a release candidate for the community release version. She could look like this:

FemaleBaseModel_WIP13.png

What do you think? 

• Like 7

Dat thigh gap tho!

Needs a little reproportioning, but I'm not one to talk, I suck at that shit.

is that a camel toe I see before me? :D

Hahaha

Looks like you managed to create a new body type for Arma. Great stuff. Can you post her carrying a weapon in game next to a vanilla unit for comparisons? If this is too early just ignore.

Looking good mate-I'm starting to get a bit of an "Ellen Ripley" vibe here-which is what Arma needs ;)

Looks like you managed to create a new body type for Arma. Great stuff. Can you post her carrying a weapon in game next to a vanilla unit for comparisons? If this is too early just ignore.

He stated he would not be doing combat animations early on.

He stated he would not be doing combat animations early on.

Ah gotcha.

Looks more like the 'shower without the water' type. The Arma Metro guys fit that perfume better methinks.

• Like 1

Hi guys... Here's the old, heavy, wasted fart 3D veteran reporting for duty... just the sad news that right now (4 projects going on, well paid, heh, not 3D, sadly ) have waay less free time than when I encountered this great initiative (been some time in the middle). Yet, I have some gap of time from time to time, so, I would love to grab that woman (ouch, that sounded bad) model, if possible. I am not seeing a link...  I might give it a try on some modeling variants / additions, etc. I am very experienced in modeling, texturing. Animation is my main interest though, as have little portfolio in that. Plus the actual animation matter. There's not a limit on the type of things to do on the project, and the quality I expect it to be high: Only a problem in the production quantity (for the freakin' time factor)

BTW, posing her with a weapon, just as a concept exercise, and some pics,(posing and rigging is somewhat easy) no problem, at all. Doing it so to make it work in game, animated, I bet a ton more complex, initially, I suspect.

And... I still find it incredible that those beauties are in the army, and not in some great new Hollywood movie... ;D 

Edit: What thigh gap  ?   :blink:

Evening fellow forum users!

Nice to hear shes liked! :D It means that I can proceed with the project and start packing her up into a public release. 

There are all kinds of stuff that could be better, like the textures and mesh weighting, but since this model is meant as a base to make your own adaptations and as a animation help I feel its sufficient for those purposes.
I'll continue to develop and refine my own characters from this too and I will make more animations for her in time. But as said, that will be a while. So far I've spent maybe couple of days on her, so its not really much...

Anyways I'll start to build a release package with the mesh and skeleton and basic textures and a .p3d with configs for the new CfgMoves set and whatnot. I might do some more tweaking before that, but since there has not been any complaints, what you see here is pretty much what I will release.

Dat thigh gap tho!

Needs a little reproportioning, but I'm not one to talk, I suck at that shit.

Proportioned with the Arma 2 women as a base. They got pretty wide hips xD Any one can adjust the mesh as they see fit though.

It might be a while Like CrazyCorky said before I have time to start working with the animations, she is 1.66m tall whereas Arma man is 1.82m tall so there is some difference there. (And it means most of the equipment wont fit properly == new ones need to be made)

Hi guys... Here's the old, heavy, wasted fart 3D veteran reporting for duty... just the sad news that right now (4 projects going on, well paid, heh, not 3D, sadly ) have waay less free time than when I encountered this great initiative (been some time in the middle). Yet, I have some gap of time from time to time, so, I would love to grab that woman (ouch, that sounded bad) model, if possible. I am not seeing a link...  I might give it a try on some modeling variants / additions, etc. I am very experienced in modeling, texturing. Animation is my main interest though, as have little portfolio in that. Plus the actual animation matter. There's not a limit on the type of things to do on the project, and the quality I expect it to be high: Only a problem in the production quantity (for the freakin' time factor)

BTW, posing her with a weapon, just as a concept exercise, and some pics,(posing and rigging is somewhat easy) no problem, at all. Doing it so to make it work in game, animated, I bet a ton more complex, initially, I suspect.

And... I still find it incredible that those beauties are in the army, and not in some great new Hollywood movie... ;D 

Edit: What thigh gap  ?   :blink:

No stress man, making a living comes first of course :D Everyone is free to contribute as they can.

A good reference...Samantha Jay

D-0zRkEG80Q0r4gB6TMS6ihb42qDTjcQuL3xZyv_

I always thought their should be Female soldiers in the game...I gamed with a woman a few years back in Arma 2 that was in the Marine Corps for 6 years.

Release candidate V1.1 with some tweaks to the mesh and a bit more cleaner UV-mapping and texture.

I dare say she just might be close to be released out into the wild.

FemaleBaseModel_Asian_WIP02.png

• Like 4

Nice work! It looks a cleaner mesh, now, good editing.  :)  I see it quite doable to do variations from her.  :)

Yep, uv-mapping is very important...