HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

Can you explain the future work flow?  I've lost track on where things go from here.  Is it something like this:

- Finish refining animations and bin'ing them for in-game

- Send off "it" to Zee and then she puts her textures/models over "it"?

- We benefit

Is it something like that?  Just trying to understand where things go after you've solved the huge issue of new animations/skeletons.

Just now, gatordev said:

Can you explain the future work flow?  I've lost track on where things go from here.  Is it something like this:

- Finish refining animations and bin'ing them for in-game

- Send off "it" to Zee and then she puts her textures/models over "it"?

- We benefit

Is it something like that?  Just trying to understand where things go after you've solved the huge issue of new animations/skeletons.

I provide basic animation set and configs for them and improve them as much as I can. This means I probably wont go through every single one (~2000 animations not counting the cutscene ones) but I'll try to fix the most glaring issues. (Also I dont have the time to do everything)

Zee provides the first new female character -> Jenny for the project and I put her in game and pack with the rest of the addon

The community can then build their own characters using the same animations and also improve them with better animations when needed and those I can add into the main mod for everyones benefit.

Also I'll provide the skeleton and dummy mesh (the bluish one in the latest video) that can be used to make sure new characters are right size and fit the skeleton/animations.

Basic idea is to have everyone use the same animations and improve them as a community.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

I provide basic animation set and configs for them and improve them as much as I can. This means I probably wont go through every single one (~2000 animations not counting the cutscene ones) but I'll try to fix the most glaring issues. (Also I dont have the time to do everything)

Zee provides the first new female character -> Jenny for the project and I put her in game and pack with the rest of the addon

The community can then build their own characters using the same animations and also improve them with better animations when needed and those I can add into the main mod for everyones benefit.

Also I'll provide the skeleton and dummy mesh (the bluish one in the latest video) that can be used to make sure new characters are right size and fit the skeleton/animations.

Basic idea is to have everyone use the same animations and improve them as a community.

cool

Edited by Yuliang

I will also be opensourcing my future models (aside from jenny as she's a mess) for people to modify and adjust as they see fit, so there is at least a base female mesh for modders to work from. 

• Like 13

On 2017/8/22 at 11:33 PM, zeealex said:

I will also be opensourcing my future models (aside from jenny as she's a mess) for people to modify and adjust as they see fit, so there is at least a base female mesh for modders to work from. 

Thanks for your work

• Like 2

It is impressive, indeed. (the size/ dimension of the work, what the script does)

• Like 1

Hope this is still a thing, it looks great! Thanks for the work you're doing here! As someone who likes to build missions on the side i'm excited to see the possibility of females in Arma 3.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Hope this is still a thing, it looks great! Thanks for the work you're doing here! As someone who likes to build missions on the side i'm excited to see the possibility of females in Arma 3.

Still a thing yes! Just been busy with my other projects to continue with this one.

• Like 9