HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

Can you explain the future work flow?  I've lost track on where things go from here.  Is it something like this:

- Finish refining animations and bin'ing them for in-game

- Send off "it" to Zee and then she puts her textures/models over "it"?

- We benefit

Is it something like that?  Just trying to understand where things go after you've solved the huge issue of new animations/skeletons.

Just now, gatordev said:

Can you explain the future work flow?  I've lost track on where things go from here.  Is it something like this:

- Finish refining animations and bin'ing them for in-game

- Send off "it" to Zee and then she puts her textures/models over "it"?

- We benefit

Is it something like that?  Just trying to understand where things go after you've solved the huge issue of new animations/skeletons.

I provide basic animation set and configs for them and improve them as much as I can. This means I probably wont go through every single one (~2000 animations not counting the cutscene ones) but I'll try to fix the most glaring issues. (Also I dont have the time to do everything)

Zee provides the first new female character -> Jenny for the project and I put her in game and pack with the rest of the addon

The community can then build their own characters using the same animations and also improve them with better animations when needed and those I can add into the main mod for everyones benefit.

Also I'll provide the skeleton and dummy mesh (the bluish one in the latest video) that can be used to make sure new characters are right size and fit the skeleton/animations.

Basic idea is to have everyone use the same animations and improve them as a community.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

I provide basic animation set and configs for them and improve them as much as I can. This means I probably wont go through every single one (~2000 animations not counting the cutscene ones) but I'll try to fix the most glaring issues. (Also I dont have the time to do everything)

Zee provides the first new female character -> Jenny for the project and I put her in game and pack with the rest of the addon

The community can then build their own characters using the same animations and also improve them with better animations when needed and those I can add into the main mod for everyones benefit.

Also I'll provide the skeleton and dummy mesh (the bluish one in the latest video) that can be used to make sure new characters are right size and fit the skeleton/animations.

Basic idea is to have everyone use the same animations and improve them as a community.

cool

Edited by Yuliang

I will also be opensourcing my future models (aside from jenny as she's a mess) for people to modify and adjust as they see fit, so there is at least a base female mesh for modders to work from. 

• Like 14

On 2017/8/22 at 11:33 PM, zeealex said:

I will also be opensourcing my future models (aside from jenny as she's a mess) for people to modify and adjust as they see fit, so there is at least a base female mesh for modders to work from. 

Thanks for your work

• Like 2

It is impressive, indeed. (the size/ dimension of the work, what the script does)

• Like 1

Hope this is still a thing, it looks great! Thanks for the work you're doing here! As someone who likes to build missions on the side i'm excited to see the possibility of females in Arma 3.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hythloday_ said:

Hope this is still a thing, it looks great! Thanks for the work you're doing here! As someone who likes to build missions on the side i'm excited to see the possibility of females in Arma 3.

Still a thing yes! Just been busy with my other projects to continue with this one.

• Like 11

Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun

Tested out some stuff with a facial rig I recreated from Arma 3 samples a while ago. It needed a bit of adjustment but from the test results Im pretty confident I can convert A3 facial animations for a new female head skeleton too!

Also I am still kicking though have had some trouble with excessive procrastinating. 

• Like 12

Little more refinement on weighting and the underlying rig. Lot of guesswork involved with this but it looks like it could work.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Hi, i just created an account just to answer this. Well, huh, how is it going ? i actually have ENFORCER and FEMAL3 addons... but i dont like it very much. I do pictures of altis and stratis blah blah blah but enforcer skins are weird and femal3 skins dont have long hair. I see that your skin looks good. and the topic didnt had news since may. So all of this, just to say : How is it going ?

patience

1 hour ago, Always_Act_Fool_AAF said:

Hi, i just created an account just to answer this. Well, huh, how is it going ? i actually have ENFORCER and FEMAL3 addons... but i dont like it very much. I do pictures of altis and stratis blah blah blah but enforcer skins are weird and femal3 skins dont have long hair. I see that your skin looks good. and the topic didnt had news since may. So all of this, just to say : How is it going ?

patience

Well before a moderator slaps your fingers for making new posts just to ask how a mod is progressing I'll tell you its going slowly. :tounge:

Mainly because processing the thousands of animations is tedious and I've just had other things I've been concentrating on. Its not forgotten, just waiting for a right time I get back on it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

Well before a moderator slaps your fingers for making new posts just to ask how a mod is progressing I'll tell you its going slowly. :tounge:

Mainly because processing the thousands of animations is tedious and I've just had other things I've been concentrating on. Its not forgotten, just waiting for a right time I get back on it.

well, tanks for the hint, im sorry im a baby on this forum :dummy:

i cant wait until the skin is done ! and thank you for the fast answer :rthumb:

i just wanted to say good luck, because i see that youre working on it since A LONG TIME and it looks so hard to do. i seen the pictures of the skin and it looks  :icon_dj:

i miss the old times on the older armas, when bohemia interactive didnt done a sexist game, where womens were on chernarus, utes, takistan, and i cant remember the PMC map   :smiley-aloof:

btw i heard something about an arma 4 ? :slayer:

ok i done researches and i have find something interesting :

"Tanks is our last 'announced' title, & project lead @VojtechKovaric is busy working out post-release plans, which we'll share as soon as we can. Suffice to say, we're already laying the foundations of a future Arma with work on our next engine, Enfusion, but its a long road..!

— Jay Crowe (@jaycroweuk) February 20, 2018"

the enfusion engine from dayZ  :upside: , i gotta say the 0.63 stress test is a beauty for the eyes !

out of topic

BOHEMIA, LEAD THE WAY !!!  :z:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Yeah the lack of female added to Arma 3 was kinda disappointing since it is based around 2035 where females in the army is most certainly a thing. But no females is kind of lacking in life I guess you can say. Than again this game has been out for a while and I would of guessed that if they were to be added they would of been done by now but this mod is going to make things a lot more lively. Just hope that we can see a good variation of clothing for them when it is released because with the Enforcer mod it is lacking when it comes to trying to have them in something like the marines or whatever. But good work so far and it's awesome to see this still going. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir BadNade said:

Yeah the lack of female added to Arma 3 was kinda disappointing since it is based around 2035 where females in the army is most certainly a thing. But no females is kind of lacking in life I guess you can say. Than again this game has been out for a while and I would of guessed that if they were to be added they would of been done by now but this mod is going to make things a lot more lively. Just hope that we can see a good variation of clothing for them when it is released because with the Enforcer mod it is lacking when it comes to trying to have them in something like the marines or whatever. But good work so far and it's awesome to see this still going. 

Adding different skeletoned characters like smaller framed woman has technical difficulties that probably have not been cost effective to overcome on normal develepoment of Arma.  That said I have been unfortunately quite slow with this project as it is a lot of work to do.

I am still very much at it though!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

So some progress again. I have now a set of 3577 animations converted and in game. 

1812 Cargo and weapon animations still to convert but need to upgrade the converter a bit for that. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

On 10/12/2018 at 9:49 PM, HorribleGoat said:

So some progress again. I have now a set of 3577 animations converted and in game. 

1812 Cargo and weapon animations still to convert but need to upgrade the converter a bit for that. 

Very impressive work, can't wait for the next set of animations to be finished.

• Like 1

G'day @HorribleGoat,

Those animations are looking great. Can't wait to see how the weapon handling animations turn out.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take your conversion rig to convert a single animation?

23 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Very impressive work, can't wait for the next set of animations to be finished.

All the basic movement is done, just need to process the static animations so they're not completely deformed. Community can then help to adjust them to work properly.  :D 
The set did catch a bug that I need to figure out too, but I've fixed the same issue in the previous tests too. Just need to remember what it was related to.

@smookie you still around? might you have any tips for me for what might cause the above transition issue. I've narrowed it down to the transition from movement to stop and AI does not seem to be affected.

10 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day @HorribleGoat,

Those animations are looking great. Can't wait to see how the weapon handling animations turn out.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take your conversion rig to convert a single animation?

depends on the .rtm file, some short animations are done in few seconds, some can take minutes. The whole set takes about 12hours now If my timing is correct.

• Like 5

Actually I just figure out that the issue is in the transition between movement - the default stand state - and the standing idle animations. I can eliminate it by disabling the idle animations but thats more like a  bandaid.

• Like 7

So I've been messing around the base config and have got around the ragdoll config for the ArmaWoman and while it is a another deep murky swamp to waddle through blind I have managed to make some "progress".

unknown.png unknown.png

So the problem has been that the bones do not quite seem to keep the joints connected or something similar.

But today I at least confirmed that my custom ragdoll config is in fact in use:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You're doing a great work sir.

I'm sure everyone in the Community is appreciating all the struggle you're going through... just to fix this embarrassing, somewhat gamebreaking issue.