HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

Hopefully these are used by many and many mod communities to add gender diversity to arma and not just to quench the whole "We have women in our unit and we need women unit's to quench the need to make the females feel better in our unit"

Will  this come at some point with vanilla uniforms ( and pilot coveralls) ?? 

keep it up this is really awesome :)

11 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Will  this come at some point with vanilla uniforms ( and pilot coveralls) ?? 

keep it up this is really awesome :)

No. Vanilla uniforms will never work with this mod as they are made for the man character which is different sized. 

All uniforms will have to be made from scratch as far as I know.

Also I can not do all that work so this mod "only" provides a base (configs + animations) for community made addons for a smaller framed female character.

+Zees Jenny since she so graciously offered to fit her for this project.

• Like 2

did I miss something? is there a download for the model and animations allready? would be great.

On 8/5/2017 at 4:28 PM, Crielaard said:

did I miss something? is there a download for the model and animations allready? would be great.

No nothing new yet. Except that I finally have put together how the animation conversion could be done and got a friend to help out with writing it in Python. So hopefully all goes well and we get a proper animation set soon!

In the meantime I have tested out some of the A3 animations on @zeealexs Jenny and though some weighting adjustment need to be done (after Zee is happy with the model and textures) She should work just fine in game.

• Like 15

that guy, that goat dude? yeah him... fucking genius!

• Like 5

Aaaand I went and did a little sidestep..

Its for the benefit of the converter sooo maybe not so bad. :D

• Like 7

Wow, looks like he's going to turn around and crush the other guys head.

• Like 2

I better start dusting off my modding software and reading up on some wiki articles so I can make myself a gf

• Like 6

7 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I better start dusting off my modding software and reading up on some wiki articles so I can make myself a gf

Hahahaha I like that idea :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

Arma 3 - Waifu Life?

• Like 2

On 12/08/2017 at 1:35 AM, E_50_Panzer said:

Wow, looks like he's going to turn around and crush the other guys head.

Hulk Smash

• Like 1

Just to shamelessly raise some hype..

The animation conversion script is advancing at great pace now. We got script run import already running and export is almost configured right soo probably not too long anymore before we see if the conversion really works as well as I hope.

While we wait you can look at "naked" running Space Marine. Even tho the main topic of this thread is the Arma women..

• Like 6

The Great Wizard has worked his magic! 

The conversion script works! Got to leave it running for the night. :D No idea how long it will take.

Estimated runtime 20 hours.. See you guys on the other side!

• Like 6

Good Morning!

10 hours down, 317 files processed. So far process has been slower than I thought, but I would account that to the cutscene animations the process is currently crunching. They are quite long animations and the process is preetty slow on them.

I have cut the rest of the cutscene animations from the list for now though in hopes that it cuts down the completion time. Those can be easily converted later if for some reason they are needed.

• Like 6

Broke 500 processed files a moment ago. This is painfully slow.. xD Especially because I am sure I need to do this at least once more to get everything right. 

Current known problems:

• Im missing a camera bone from the skeleton which will cause some issues.
  • The weapon and launcher bone may need more adjusting so that they are in their right place. Current adjustment is more a guesstimate and the adjustment may even vary from animation to animation. Only trying them out will show.

I've fixed up cfgmoves config for the new animation set already. It is pretty straight forward copy paste and rename paths as the animation names and relative path stays the same in the conversion. (Wizard makes mighty spells)

• Like 1

Great to see it's taking shape.

But it's a relatively new option. There's bound to be some slip-ups as you get familiar with it.

I wish I'd known about the importer sooner. While I like animating, it takes far longer to replicate actual human motion, by hand, than it does to use mocap. It's actually a handy tool for a character modder using Blender too. It's a decent representation of what a model will look like in motion. It beats the usual method of swinging the arms and legs around in silly poses to check the deformation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Macser said:

I wish I'd known about the importer sooner. While I like animating, it takes far longer to replicate actual human motion, by hand, than it does to use mocap. It's actually a handy tool for a character modder using Blender too. It's a decent representation of what a model will look like in motion. It beats the usual method of swinging the arms and legs around in silly poses to check the deformation.

That is very true! I happened to hear from it on Arma Discrod pretty much by accident.

Good morning again!

Conversion keeps running and we are at 967 files, soo almost midway there. This does take a lot longer than I anticipated so hopefully I can figure out everything that is missing/needs fixing before the next run.

Current known problems:

• Im missing a camera bone from the skeleton which will cause some issues.
  • The weapon and launcher bone may need more adjusting so that they are in their right place. Current adjustment is more a guesstimate and the adjustment may even vary from animation to animation. Only trying them out will show.
  • Important thing that @Macse pointed out is the movement vectors do not currently translate through.. Soo these animations will play but wont move the character. Will make testing a bit more difficult, but I can manually add the values to one or two movesets for test purposes. In all the excitement I had totally forgotten about this. xP

The cutscene animations seem to count 199 files so the current final count of animations is 2132 in the Vanilla A3 set.
There are some (~100 excluding lots of cutscene material) in the DLCs that I will need to go through too in the next pass. 

• Like 3

Any chance that the space marine will get a separate release with just the basic infantry animation?

Having to fight such a thing would sure make for a dreadful experience!

Cheers

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Any chance that the space marine will get a separate release with just the basic infantry animation?

Having to fight such a thing would sure make for a dreadful experience!

Cheers

Yes the marine is a separate project alltogether. :D 

• Like 3