HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

Nothing hotter than a woman in combat gear. So is she single?............

Honestly, this work will go a long, long way in sustaining immersion in game. I can't wait for this mod to be available, keep up the great work and thanks for the effort.

• Like 3

If this mod makes it in-game, BI should pay you guys (ladies) for filling a space that should've never existed to begin with.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 3

Sorry goat, just stepping in a moment!

I was refraining from showing this off, but this is the original render of her, she's subject to change as she's VERY poly heavy and her UV's are a bit messed up right now, a bi-product of me having to redo the pants 16, yes SIXTEEN times. 

burke_showcase_3_2_by_zeealex-db66286.jp

screenshot1183_by_zeealex-db664hk.png

• Like 26

Also take note this is raising up the standards of new female uniforms. :smileee:

• Like 5

She looks like my ex-wife..pissed off 99.9% of the time...great work guys.

Diesel

• Like 7

*looks at goat* 

I can't speak for goat but anything I make is free to use on servers, with redistribution and retexture, creds would be nice :)

• Like 4

Well, I hope so... the main point of me being around -even at the whole forums-  was to give it a try to a *.blend, for trying to animate her.... or doing some of the animations...But if not, no issue, either...

3 hours ago, zeealex said:

Sorry goat, just stepping in a moment!

I was refraining from showing this off, but this is the original render of her, she's subject to change as she's VERY poly heavy and her UV's are a bit messed up right now, a bi-product of me having to redo the pants 16, yes SIXTEEN times. 

Damn Zee-that uniform is fantastic! Really amazing work!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Crielaard said:

Looking great!

Is this mod going to be for free, without the maker demanding credits for just using it. And without a mandatory payment to get a version without spamming?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32091

Well the project has mainly aimed to provide a community platform for others to build upon. To be more precise a config and animation set that all female mods built upon it would share and use and an example model and rig to be used for weighting and animating community's own creations.

Zee's contribution of Jenny will be made available as she dictates. She will be included as a brilliant example to what you all should strive to make.

The config base I would hope people would not fiddle with since that would cause inconsistencies with other characters using it, but whatever anyone derives from it is their business. 

Any new animations made for the new skeleton I would hope to check out and possibly integrate on the main mod so the base animation set would grow and evolve.

If someone wants to for example port A2 characters for this base set it should be simple enough thing, but Im not in the position to do all that myself.

I am however still weighting on forbidding monetized, but Im open for input. (THIS DOES NOT MEAN I WANT PEOPLE TO START DISCUSSION THE SUBJECT IN LENGTH ON THIS TOPIC)

Credits would of course be nice, why wouldn't you mention who did the ground work?

• Like 5

Well, I hope so... the main point of me being

10 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

The config base I would hope people would not fiddle with since that would cause inconsistencies with other characters using it, but whatever anyone derives from it is their business. 

Any new animations made for the new skeleton I would hope to check out and possibly integrate on the main mod so the base animation set would grow and evolve.

Credits would of course be nice, why wouldn't you mention who did the ground work?

No issue with any of that...just wanna animate a bit, remember old times. Wont make me any younger, but hey...  ;) 

In projects where I want to show my skills fully and in an isolated way (that is, for portfolio) I never mix with other people's work, even less if money is involved (and anyway, I'd have way way higher gain in other 2D works than anything modding related... But I understand all mentioned above, and the reasons for it)... But this is just to contribute with some anims... and de-rust, maybe...

BTW, curious the handwriting phrase on her left knee protector, lol...

"your balls here"? 

she gonna knee you in the nuts...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

Ofcourse you should.

I wasnt criticising this mod specifically. Not at all. It was more a flame towards the mod under the link. Where, from my point of view, very wrong stuff is happening regarding that.

Let me not derail the thread. a simple "no ofcourse not" was enough. ;)

Keep on it. looking forward for some women in arma.

Children would also be good. but again, that OT aswell.

I'd say I can understand the POV of modders wanting to make some bucks out of very hard work. That said, for what is to be earned in modding communities (or game extra content, in general), not even by some quite much more profitable games (in the custom content area) than Arma could ever be... Trust me, it wouldn't worth it, if made for the money. A simple graphic design work of virtually any type, or illustration, brings me (for example) a seriously much better payment per hour ratio. The comparison of quantities is even funny. Meaning, while I cannot criticize that a modder charges for his/her hard work, (so, neither agree with that comment) I also know what you mean, and how is best if mods are kept free... But one has to understand that the ton of work made by that modder -over so many years!- for the community (and the quality) is absolutely huge, must not be an issue if tries to make some bucks. Still, I'd say is mountains of time put there for just some very few bucks...better the fully free (with attribution) road because, anyway, there's no serious money in it, at all...If anything, it can be a better "portfolio" kind of thing, in terms on sth that can provide money in a different way (ie, get to work at some company), in the future. But, is not anyone's call, each modder can do as freaking prefer it ! IMO, where stuff has a habit and even tradition of being free, is best, if anything, third ways of making money, like ads (I'm suspecting the volunteer donation ain't working great, either) , etc. But again, that wouldn't bring more than some pennies ...just my 2c of an euro...

hello...

is this still going on ?  (just asking, as I am not too much over these forums, other than in two subscribed threads, I don't have control of new threads and that....  :) :)  )

1 hour ago, 3D_vet said:

hello...

is this still going on ?  (just asking, as I am not too much over these forums, other than in two subscribed threads, I don't have control of new threads and that....  :) :)  )

Yes still ongoing. Unfortunately I have encountered massive lack of free time to start working on the automated animation conversion. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 3D_vet said:

hello...

It's against the forum rules to ask for any sort of update mate.

Sorry, didn't kno. I'm one of the animators here, potentially, not a user/consumer/player, tho, but fine. I'll shut up and runnn  ;D 

I'm glad this is still going on, it looks super lovely and really well done, wish I knew how to do animations and stuff or I'd ask to help out >~<

• Like 1

On 13/06/2017 at 6:00 PM, HorribleGoat said:

Yes still ongoing. Unfortunately I have encountered massive lack of free time to start working on the automated animation conversion. 

No worries HG. Really like your work; 'whenever' will be fine with me.

• Like 1

@Younes Bkr This is not yeat released. Zee's releases can be found from above link, but our collaboration is not yet available.

Thanks @Ltf!

• Like 1