HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

Just now, HorribleGoat said:

Im confident that such can be produced as well! I have been concentrating my free time on Lost Dragons lately but I do try to push this out too in the near future! That is as soon as I get a replacement fot my GFX-card that got fried today. Dont think Ive ever lost a card due it breaking before..

Must be a sign of how good your work is :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Must be a sign of how good your work is :)

Haha! Hope not x9.. If it becomes a thing this will become rather expensive hobby! Last card ran for about 3.5 years so im hoping this one will last at least as long.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this, HorribleGoat.... but also to Lost Dragons.

A3 needs both; the more varied the content, the better the game :)

• Like 1

Greetings!

It has been a while since I last dug in to this project and now I've been experimenting with a pipeline to convert A3 animations to the female skeleton AND results are promising!

It may be that the animation side of this project will actually be fulfilled with at least usable animations sooner than anticipated!

• Like 1

Boobs!!!

Just kidding ;-)

Good luck for your project :-)

• Like 1

That's actually cool....Mocap, or did you animate it yourself ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 3D_vet said:

That's actually cool....Mocap, or did you animate it yourself ? 

No I found a way to import A3 animations straight onto the new skeleton.

• Like 2

I was just wondering where the females where in arma 3, this can certainly add some depth to missions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mechanical said:

I was just wondering where the females where in arma 3, this can certainly add some depth to missions. 

:D They've been on vacation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HorribleGoat said:

:D They've been on vacation.

A nice long holiday..

• Like 3

Glad to hear all these great news about your project Mr. HorribleGoat.

This will probably be considered a classic A3 addon, a pack of features that, in my honest opinion, is as essential as CBA.

Due to some strange, almost game breaking BI's choices we've been trapped, condemned to perpetually engage enemies throughout pale, male only civilian (and military) environments.

Thanks to the skills, patience and courage of yourself, part of our struggle is surely going to end.

It wasn't a simple task, but you did it.

The videos you've provided look great, so... What else can i say?

Just keep up the good work.

• Like 1

I'll stay tuned for an incoming *.blend.... :f:

• Like 2

ooooh this project looks very promising. Looking forward to seeing the results :D

As a "wee" bit of news Id like to introduce the new face of the ArmaWoman project

Enter "Jenny" created by the ever so talented ZeeAlex and now for the first time moving around with the new scaled ArmaWoman skeleton.

Huge thank you for ZeeAlex for this contribution!

ps. dont mind the low fps or the weighting issues. Just wanted to share this with you as fast as possible! :yay:

Also Zeealex's Patreon for those interested

• Like 11

Very nice!......Beyonce ain't got shit on Jenny from the block. ^^

• Like 3

Nice....would love to play with the rig , make some anims just for fun...

2 hours ago, 3D_vet said:

Nice....would love to play with the rig , make some anims just for fun...

Not too long anymore. Once I figure out how to automate the A3 animation conversion for the new skeleton and get them done its coming out.

G'day HorribleGoat,

The lady is developing nicely. Good luck with your conversion process. You have something very much needed. A big thanks to Zeealex as well. Great to see so much co-operation within the community. Keep up the great work. Hopefully a release is not to far away.

• Like 3

Great to see you and Zee collaborating Goat! Her new Jenny is absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to see what you two cook up together.

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity (and as is always good to bump this thread, haha)... and from an old (but insultingly handsome), outdated grumpy turd (referring to me, pls nobody feel offended) that needs some serious update in technique and software since the old times, to younger people (zee and HG, for example) who probably use much more current tools and methods.... for the modeling I'm fine (wont change my Blender and Wings3D even if tomorrow Max was given for free or paid me to use it !  (nah, not true, I'd take a job as a Max modeler again, any day!) ) , but for the new PBR texturing... Do you use Substance Painter and/or Designer (my dollars will be in these, I believe) ? DDO Quixel ? 3D Coat? Some mixed workflow with Modo and other tools? ZBrush and some other tools? Just Max? None of them? And mostly..... Is people in modding scene required to be compliant with this new pain that is PBR ?  (a bit of a silly question, as if I do anything 3D apart from animating, is gonna be PBR compliant, as is where my rust mostly resides...But am really curious on the take on this from the modding community)

Too long question and a bit off topic, I know.... Even more when my main interest is mostly in animation, I'm spiritually starving to do some animation, lol... Even in these times when mocap is so much over-used... hehe.   But is what I made for a living for years (modelling and texturing), not very happy about being this rusted... Illustration and concept art keeps my hours filled at max (a man's gotta eat, and drawing is my #1 passion), but so much would love to get back to all this stuff... (if I'd be earning in a not far future a really nice salary then I believe I'd just mod instead of doing other digital hobbies (the non digital will need more time, tho, hehe), for mere pleasure...I remember the HL1, Quake and UT1- 2003 modding as the greatest memories...)

Indeed, probably this female model probably does not need any animation help anymore, now that existing male animations can be imported... In-game a lot of people (I would, probably, but am just a casual player in this game) wont really care if the anims are not following much the slightly different female moves.