HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

i think her arm might be broken :P

with that said, fantastic work! :D

i think her arm might be broken :P

with that said, fantastic work! :D

Might be part of the reason no ones greeting her..  ;D

• Like 1

They are probably scared by something they never seen before...remember, no female has ever been sighted on Altis or Stratis. Wonders why...

• Like 2

Will there be female civilians? I dont think the Republic of Stratis and Altis' population can survive much longer with 100% male inhabitants  :P

The complete absence of furniture in the houses and the rubbish in the streets is a sure sign that they don't have much time left.

• Like 1

You can name the mod "The Thing" and call it done haha ;))

• Like 1

My wife would probably be up for lending her voice to the project when you get that far - she speaks very proper English though :P Feel free to PM me and I'll ask her!

• Like 4

My wife would probably be up for lending her voice to the project when you get that far - she speaks very proper English though :P Feel free to PM me and I'll ask her!

Fantastic! I'll let you know when I get to the voices. You could maybe ask her for advance though. Would not hurt to know that the voice part would already be covered.

• Like 2

Fantastic! I'll let you know when I get to the voices. You could maybe ask her for advance though. Would not hurt to know that the voice part would already be covered.

She agreed! :P I also explained it'd be a lot of words we'd need to record - but she'll be happy to do it!

• Like 3

A little late, but I support you and your work! Is looking great so far. Hopefully there will be some progress update soon :)

She agreed! :P I also explained it'd be a lot of words we'd need to record - but she'll be happy to do it!

Excellent! I'll throw you a message when I get everything set up with the sounds. (May take a while though)

A little late, but I support you and your work! Is looking great so far. Hopefully there will be some progress update soon :)

Never too late! Thank you! I've been swamped with work lately and have not had time for my own projects at all. But when I clear the current work projects I'll get back on mods asap.

If you get this going and a basic version released soon....I think I might cry tears of happiness...the all male world of Arma 3 is making me go bonkers now that they added a map like Tanoa, the thing is beautiful and feels lived in but a bunch of men running around and no women to be seen will kill the immersion for me... Your mod, may fix this and if it does, will be the best mod of 2016.

• Like 1

I guess I'll have to stop being a cheap bastard and finally purchase the game, so to be able to do art content for it.... Funny thing is I doubt I'll play more that rarely/occasionally (due to lack of time... But a bit wasted of spending my 20 minutes for relax after lunch just running some decades old strategy game...And a bit nostalgic of Battlfefield play4free and PlanetSide 2/not willing to go back, as those were too addictive...The items aquire/purchase is like too dangerous.. ) ... It'd be dunno if decades since my last actual full video game purchase, lol...

After all I can _Reaaaaaaaaaally_ help in modeling, texturing, and animation here....  I'm a freaking pro!  ...haha...joking...Am I? but it's true ! Or is it not?  well, I can help...when possible.... but seems my pace would be more than ok with usual mods' pace for what I am seeing in here and most mods communities...is certainly not like at the job, lol... happily so...

And I kind of wanna see foogoo crying....  (just kidding... )

I guess I'll have to stop being a cheap bastard and finally purchase the game, so to be able to do art content for it.... Funny thing is I doubt I'll play more that rarely/occasionally (due to lack of time... But a bit wasted of spending my 20 minutes for relax after lunch just running some decades old strategy game...And a bit nostalgic of Battlfefield play4free and PlanetSide 2/not willing to go back, as those were too addictive...The items aquire/purchase is like too dangerous.. ) ... It'd be dunno if decades since my last actual full video game purchase, lol...

After all I can _Reaaaaaaaaaally_ help in modeling, texturing, and animation here....  I'm a freaking pro!  ...haha...joking...Am I? but it's true ! Or is it not?  well, I can help...when possible.... but seems my pace would be more than ok with usual mods' pace for what I am seeing in here and most mods communities...is certainly not like at the job, lol... happily so...

And I kind of wanna see foogoo crying....  (just kidding... )

Get females working in Arma 3 and Ill send you my tears in a crystal bottle for fucks sake.

• Like 2

This is looking great

Be nice to see some girls on those Tanoa Beaches :)

This seems to be the last hope for an authentic A3 civilian scenario.

It's beyond words why BI didn't bring female units at least for tanoa.

Cheers

Thanks guys! I gotta remind you though the smaller frame skeleton has far less functional move/action animations than the default man skeleton so there is a long way to go before all those are replaced. (And I mean A LOT. All different stances, weapon holding animations (for vanilla AND custom weapons), different move speeds, get in/out actions etc etc...)

I do have some vacation time coming up so Im hoping to be able to continue on this too! Maybe even push out the promised base mesh/config package for animating and development. :3

This seems to be the last hope for an authentic A3 civilian scenario.

It's beyond words why BI didn't bring female units at least for tanoa.

Cheers

I did see another A2 civilian port I think not long ago on the forum. It was using the default skeleton so I don't know if there's deformation going on in there, but its worth to try?

I do have some vacation time coming up so Im hoping to be able to continue on this too! Maybe even push out the promised base mesh/config package for animating and development. :3

Still interested in giving it my touch(a different "fork" of the model, maybe) in both model/texture/weights and anims... (u might get a pleasant surprise with the results... ;) ) But will refrain from purchasing the game till it's out... ;)

you are properly working on one of the most important mods for arma 3, at lest immersion wise, keep it up.

• Like 1

Oh, I didn't know it was that important...

(  btw, if you release the model, even if is not 100% finished (is anything ever in that state for any of us, anyway...) I could go having a look, see if I can really give it a try or not....If is in Blender format, there should be no problem...  )

Well, so... speaking of purchasing... would this model/mod work in Arma 3 Apex Edition ?. levels like Tanoa are also in the previous arma 3 release ?   Most importantly for this topic, Is the Apex release having better/improved content editing (level editor, model support, etc) than the other Arma 3 release ?  It seems in their shop there's quite a difference in price, Arma 3 Apex costs 42$, while Arma 3 "with exclusive content" costs only 17,49 (These games am not sure am gonna really use them a lot, am here mostly for content editing, specifically for this woman model content creation... So, would make sense to purchase the 17 $ so to allow my self as well to purchase Take On Mars and DayZ, So to see if I can mod for those, even just a bit. But the main interest is being able to contribute to this thread's project.  )

But if the level editor or other tools are improved in the Apex, I'd just buy that. (can't justify more investment (meaning more than 50$ or so) when am not sure what use am gonna give it all... )  

I'm guessing levels like Tanoa are very important ?  yep, i guess, as several here have mentioned that want a woman model in Tanoa scenario...

Are helis in Apex only, or also in the previous one? I was good with helicopters in Battlefield4free....

Ok, gonna answer myself to some of that... Yep, tanoa seems new in the apex edition, and there's enough new stuff in matters of models and weapons as to consider it the logical purchase to edit/add content. I wonder if it'll run in my poor old i7 first gen, with an elder gtx 275...Am ok if it just lets me display the model and anims in medium quality tho being unplayable in open scenarios... I mostly want it to add content. And am used to play in low quality (but able to check in high to see well the model and anims, of course) in every fps out there (ql, bf4f, planetside 2)  for getting fast movements/reaction. here's hoping there's not some shader not able to show sth of the female model... Well, looks like mine is even slightly better than the min recommended, hope it'll be fine. ( http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-275-vs-GeForce-GT-8800 )

Please, do so ! :D ...before the holidays run away... ;D

Even if it has only an idle or no animation at all, and weights pending to be fixed. So I can remove my doubts, see if I can manage... (my main doubt is with the technical integration in-game, not with weighting, modeling, texturing or animation, that is the "under control" department... Obviously where I have no experience is with this particular game engine.... )

I'll need to purchase the game, then try to install your mod and see if I can set up a workflow for me, to go editing the model and mostly doing the anims...

I am doing this as am guessing is gonna be a lot of fun, a way to remove the ton of dust in my skills that I got working in some studios (but later on I've been years working as a graphic designer/illustrator, game custom artwork only as a freelance at home since then),  Plus... having a proper anims portfolio to show. All what I've done in that department I never took away from past companies, fear of NDAs and stuff... silly move... Should have pulled some max files or sth, at least... Idea here for that would be just some machinima-like video capture, but keeping all rights stuff respected, of course, as fan-art portfolio only...

I'll need to purchase the game, then try to install your mod and see if I can set up a workflow for me, to go editing the model and mostly doing the anims...

It's on sale at the moment...  ;)  

And regarding how important this mos is as another post above said, this really is one of the most important mods in development. Having any scenario involving civilians and having no women is a big problem. Especially as many people who have served in conflict will tell you, if you are moving through a town and all the women and kids suddenly disappear it means you are about to be attacked.So for there to never be women in Arma's towns is...unsettling :)

• Like 1

Interesting fact.  Indeed, I think I remind that being mentioned in some war related movie. It's true, kind of weird if a town/village scenario has no women at all...  

Maybe models as player models are complex to add... but models as just NPCs are easier ? Once I purchase the game and get the content editing tools will see if I find my easy way around it... Unreal and Quake sagas were really easy to edit... These days is all much more complex, but the Mars game from Bohemia seems to make it way easier to add models. May that kind of thing reach that point some day in Arma.

:) And also, I really was thinking this was more of some casual addition of less importance (in the idea that the game has its legions of fans and players already and perhaps had not demanded this too much, not that I think a game without women models is ok... It is usually not. ), and not much people interested. It is better if it is they are: Kind of better/more rewarding to know one would work in a project that's going to actually be used by certain number of modders or players.  :)

BTW, I have experience in messing around with many engines...Just not this one. So... While my area is artwork content, I don't think it's gonna be an issue after some fiddling, and doing my version/fork from the HG version. I can work on the "main branch" too, whatever HG prefers. 

yet though, from what I read from HG, it seems what we can have in a reasonable amount of time (in a longer period, anything can be done..) is just a mere basic woman model, mostly to act as NPC/civilian, rarely a player model with all weapon animations, and etc. Maybe just a basic player model with several basic player animations.  I'm fine with that, too.  You gotta start somewhere... ;)