HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

Are you going to give them voices?

I can most likely do the configs for voices, but my manly man voice isnt really suitable for actually doing the audio. Maybe if I get someone to record suitable voice set or if the BI voices can be altered enough, then it is possible. 

These are mostly civs tho no? So voices aren't really as essential. Someone else is doing soldiers and that definitely requires all the commands -monster headache. My wifes a theatre actress so maybe she would help but the war may feel a little overly...dramatic...

• Like 1

These are mostly civs tho no? So voices aren't really as essential. Someone else is doing soldiers and that definitely requires all the commands -monster headache. My wifes a theatre actress so maybe she would help but the war may feel a little overly...dramatic...

Yeah for now at least I aim to provide Arma 2 civilian animations as a base for a functional character.

I might start dabbling with animation set for a military version of the character, but that would be loong side project of a side project. :D Eventually we will need one for our projects, but its not really a priority right now. 

And as you said the voice set is another thing altogether. It probably would not need much of an effort to find someone to act them out, but editing them and configuring them would be huge thing.

So it will take some time. :D 

After comparing my skeleton with the female skeleton I found from the fbxTortm tools folders I decided that the seem similar enough that I imported mine in to Object Builder and loaded a A2 female walk animation on it. Seems to work quite well.

The hand bones need some adjusting still, but the skeleton I found might be able to help me with that. In any case the animation test had very encouraging results.
  • Like 2

That test video looked good. Looks like we're another step closer to female characters.

Nice job man! Keep it up-we'll have female characters on Altis someday :)

looking good, next up children?? I'm always wary of entering villages where there's no children playing, it's a good combat indicator things are about to go to shit!! hahahaha

and attitude!!

Needs more hip swishing

What you see here is the female civilian walk animation from Arma 2 and suffice for my purposes. If someone wants more swagger theyre going to have to make the animations themselves.

looking good, next up children?? I'm always wary of entering villages where there's no children playing, it's a good combat indicator things are about to go to shit!! hahahaha

Well for now such is out of my projects scope since they would be have to made completely out of scratch and that would be another huge project and dont really need children in our mods right now. :9

• Like 1

Needs more hip swishing

:P

I would say the same but they aren't models they are female soldiers.

While I do agree with you,there is a reason you very very rarely see children in games-and certainly never in a context where you might be able to shoot them....I can just see the Daily Mail stories now." Sick game is a child murder simulator" etc 

Although you are right-any real military sim should have kids on the streets (and the ability to pose for a picture while handing one of them a candy bar like we have seen dozens of times in pictures of US and UK soldiers ;) )

• Like 3

pretty sure that ARMA 3 was featured in a recent paper where someone scripted ISIS mass executions?? the media will always blame games for some arsehole if society whos been a bad boy..

Flight Sim FX was blamed for training the 9/11 terrorist, GTA for car jacking etc.. it's just the world we live in ;)

pretty sure that ARMA 3 was featured in a recent paper where someone scripted ISIS mass executions?? the media will always blame games for some arsehole if society whos been a bad boy..

Flight Sim FX was blamed for training the 9/11 terrorist, GTA for car jacking etc.. it's just the world we live in ;)

Exactly my point. The ISIS incident was an article in-where else-the Daily Mail. And all it was was they found out about Leights opfor pack,which contained IS fighters as OPFOR-for killing. but they ran an insane story that BI had made an "ISIS simulator" where players get "points" for killing civilians.It was totally made up-but a very sensationalist story.The comments at the bottom were full of people saying BI should be prosecuted and that "why is this not illegal"? etc etc.. Nobody seemed to get that the IS units were not made for playing as-they were made for shooting.Hence OPFOR pack... :)

So Leight panicked and removed IS from his pack-and ran big titles on his thread declaring he had no support for IS-he got a lot of hate from that stupid article.

• Like 4

The general public are fucking retards, they bitch about a game, but yet will sit back and watch Europe fall into Anarchy by the very elements that we love to kill in the gaming world, its pathetic really.  

Well regardless-let's not go offtopic. This is about adding female models to Arma- let's keep it on track.

• Like 1

While I do agree with you,there is a reason you very very rarely see children in games-and certainly never in a context where you might be able to shoot them....I can just see the Daily Mail stories now." Sick game is a child murder simulator" etc 

Although you are right-any real military sim should have kids on the streets (and the ability to pose for a picture while handing one of them a candy bar like we have seen dozens of times in pictures of US and UK soldiers ;) )

(in all honesty he could do the classic invincible kid method, in which no matter what you do the kid wont die unless scripted) I like how the females are looking, it would be cool if they worked with vanilla animations too, i dont believe its impossible, as there was a life mod that did it, i just cant remember the name but FrankieonPc played it

I appreciate your enthusiasm but lets try not to stray off topic here. Dont mean to be a jerk, but you know, there are other places to discuss ISIS and whatnot.

Regarding child models, they are completely do-able, not really a problem there, but

A ) nothing to do with the female character  :P

B ) HUUGE load of work (well the animating and configing then properly is huge work.. makig a model is a trivial part)

C ) dont really need them -> no interest in doing them at this time

D ) due the issues you've mentioned children in games are a controversial taboo that I dont really want to start poking. Not worth it.

...it would be cool if they worked with vanilla animations too...

The custom skeleton I built the model on seems to work with A2 animations as seen on the video I posted (on the frontpage). Vanilla A3 animations are impossible with smaller framed female character due to the size difference so whatever A2 animations cant do have to be remade.

Thats a lot of work, so dont expect her to wield a gun for a while. Except if someone really wants to take on the animating project..

While I can and will eventually make proper animations, due to my other projects can't really invest much time for it right now so there will not be any exact date set when they would be available.

• Like 4

Well i think children are very important in a military simulator. Everything mentioned above why children should be in the game explains it. Maybe you want to create a scenario in africa or something where a warlord recruits children or something. I don't know. But you are right lets not get off topic.

Well i think children are very important in a military simulator. Everything mentioned above why children should be in the game explains it. Maybe you want to create a scenario in africa or something where a warlord recruits children or something. I don't know. But you are right lets not get off topic.

But for the reasons above it's really not worth it, especially in the child soldier scenario. 

Really looking forward to seeing the finished models! The animations look really good so far. 

Incredible work so far!
The first thing that crossed my mind when firing up Arma 3 for the first time was .. where the **** are the women?

• Like 1

Incredible work so far!

The first thing that crossed my mind when firing up Arma 3 for the first time was .. where the **** are the women?

Yep, same here, considering they had women in A2 and A2OA and it's a bit of a joke trying to be politically correct with women/children in the game, as the youngish Eastern European women were supposed to represent "Hookers" that's not exactly PC is it? :D

But so far it's looking good, and another eagerly anticipated addon in the works

So after couple of intensive mapping nights I wanted to do something different for a change and decided to continued with this project.

After some headbanging with the configs I bashed together working semi clean movescfg and here is a test result with ARMA 2 ported animation on the new female character in ARMA 3:

For now only one animation From Arma 2 is configured in, but as you can see it looks quite good. The mesh and texture need some tweaking, but I count it a success that its not some deformed monstrosity.

Conclusion : I can use the Arma 2 animations as a basic set to get the character in working shape while new animations are made to complement the required moves. 

• Like 7