HorribleGoat

[WIP] Female base model project

at the moment i use A3 works better A2 one works to but hat some problem with the hands if you like to i can send you the model if that helps you 

Very promising news indeed for this project! I think I got all the models I need as reference though, I have the A2 released content too and used them as a reference. Could you perhaps make a screenshot with both male and female characters standing side by side? Id like to see what difference there is between them!

how come i've only just come across this!?

if you need any help from me, I'm around, i don't know much about animations but i can collaborate on other points of development! :D

but otherwise, it sounds really freaking promising, and if you get A2 female skeleton anims working i will freaking LOVE you! ;D

• Like 2

that is the trick you have to make the model bigger all most as big tall as the male still trying to get the female smaller but then the hands dont work right 

that is the trick you have to make the model bigger all most as big tall as the male still trying to get the female smaller but then the hands dont work right 

I see, then you are using the male skeleton, which is exactly what I dont want to, since its form doesnt suit slighter/shorter body type too well. 

But im sure Ive got enough knowledge with the cfgmoves, rtms and arma skeletons that I can first of all make the female animations from A2 to work and then append them with new animations.

how come i've only just come across this!?

if you need any help from me, I'm around, i don't know much about animations but i can collaborate on other points of development! :D

but otherwise, it sounds really freaking promising, and if you get A2 female skeleton anims working i will freaking LOVE you! ;D

Might be because I started the project last week xD You have to stalk the forums more often.

Im pretty sure you could make better textures than me, since Im just experimenting with skin and faces. I've unwrapped the UVs so that they are easily modified and Im planning on releasing some form of an slightly downgraded mlod too for texture and new character development help (I think I'll keep the anatomically correct version under wraps though... not sure if I want reputation as a digital pimp..)

And yes, im pretty sure I can make the A2 animations work. I got tendrils out feeling the possibility of little aid from BI too in the matter, but with some trial and error Im sure it can be done.

As a project state update, I got the mesh quite well rigged now and it deforms pretty well now at least with my custom skeleton in blender. Next step would be throwing it in game and start messing around with the configs. When I get the configs and animations to work in A3 I can start adjusting the skeleton and mesh to fit them. I doubt it works with the first try, but its not impossible either. 

• Like 1

when i was using the female skeleton everything work only the hands give me some trubble http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=452262039     http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449392958

Ok, Ill fix that when I build the configs! I've got couple of ideas for what the problem is and Im certain that it can be fixed.

Dude this is amazing.. sadly it took the community to do it and not BI. But awsome work!

Dude this is amazing.. sadly it took the community to do it and not BI. But awsome work!

Thanks! Its great learning experience, have not modeled female character before and its been fun. So I've got quite a bit out of this project, not to mention I get to use it in our mods too.

Im sure BI devs have more important things on their table. Immersion is really only thing female characters bring into the Arma world, It wont really change gameplay. Except maybe the female is slightly smaller target being few centimeters shorter.

Keep up the good work HorribleGoat. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck with this project.

Keep up the good work HorribleGoat. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck with this project.

Thanks! I kinda got caught in working on this now..  :D and will probably finish this first before continuing with the bigger projects.

Got the rigging done to my liking. Preliminary testing shows no weird deforming so I can start the next step: bringing her in game.

FemaleBaseModel_WIP10.1.png

• Like 2

If she's going to use that hand gesture often, I think you may need to give her pointy ears. Live long and prosper!

She looks real good. Can't wait to see how she looks in game.

If she's going to use that hand gesture often, I think you may need to give her pointy ears. Live long and prosper!

She looks real good. Can't wait to see how she looks in game.

Heh, its just for testing the rigging. 

I did notice a few places that needed tweaking and when messing with the facial rig I found out that eyelids had no weighting on them at all. Had to fix that too.

FemaleBaseModel_WIP11.png

Tweaking the weights and all that is endless swamp I tell you. Gotta try to move on for now if I ever want to get the configs done.  :D

• Like 1

nice work so far hope to see some ingame pix soon lol take you time you gone start pulling your hair out soon lol

Just give me a nice butt to stare at while running across Altis!

Heh, I suppose that is the bonus you usually get from female characters in games. I do hope people get something else out of this project too though and not just butts butts butts. :D

• Like 1

Heh, I suppose that is the bonus you usually get from female characters in games. I do hope people get something else out of this project too though and not just butts butts butts. :D

Basically every mission involving civilians (hostage rescue, kidnappings, bodyguard missions etc.) will benefit huge from this mod.

Hell, even having them as idle townsfolk adds authenticity that simply isn't in the game as of now.

Always hoped for BI to add female units with the upcoming addon, knowing how the A3 release went this probably won't be the case.

Going to stay tuned on this mod, keep up the good work.

Cheers

all the games so far had female in the game wonder why a3 dont have them. really hope you get everything working. and dont have to much problems with this

all the games so far had female in the game wonder why a3 dont have them. really hope you get everything working. and dont have to much problems with this

I remember reading a thread somewhere stating that with some countries not having women in combat situations they didn't want to create controversy for those people. Basically for those people who might have trouble shooting a female even though it is only a game.

I do agree though that they need to do it to add authenticity.

I remember reading a thread somewhere stating that with some countries not having women in combat situations they didn't want to create controversy for those people. Basically for those people who might have trouble shooting a female even though it is only a game.

I feel like it was probably added workload due to the uniform system.

I feel like it was probably added workload due to the uniform system.

It is a lot of work yeah. None of the male assets will not work at all, except maybe helmets, and thats not guaranteed either. So even when I get this model to run around there wont be much any equipment to use. Also even if the A2 RTMs are compatible with my model and skeleton, theres still buttload of animations that are missing from a fully animated A3 set due them being A3 exclusive.

I'll provide the base model to work with, but no way am I capable of redoing all the assets and to be frank I really dont want to either. Got enough to work on already. :D

• Like 1

it is what it is so we have to make it our selfs lol

Great work so far! I really miss the authenticity given by having female civilians -i remember playing the Arma2 campaign and asking a woman at a bus stop if she had seen anything suspicious-her info led me to one of the war criminals :) I miss that in Arma3-and the fact that you can no longer speak to civ's but that's a different story. Anyway-keep up the great work.

• Like 1