Sign in to follow this  
cookies2432

Inaccurate Terrain Builder

I'm having issues all of the sudden with my main road, no idea why, i have never had this issue with it before...

This is what it looks like in terrain builder: https://gyazo.com/d3f068ba35c32553e1a27981ad2062d4

All fine and looking good. However, when i go into buldozer it looks like this: https://gyazo.com/39799fbf3ce7a3c3378154072250089d

Does anyone know why this is happening. As i said i have never had any issues with this before. I've tried to rexport it but it doesn't work.  :(

I have noticed that the object placeholder in TB does not always match with how it looks in buldozer or in game.  I almost always have to tweak things in buldozer.  

Not too sure what you want here but the order number in your RoadsLib.cfg determines what road surface is on top, lower number is on top, higher numbers below, so you want the main roads listed first, with dirt tracks last.

To get the join neat you have to enable snapping in TB, then add a vertice on the part you want it to snap to, then drag the road over the vertice you added and it'll snap into place, making nice tidy junctions.

• Like 1

Oh great, now buldozer won't work.... "Buldozer may not work because it's missing some files "buldozer.exe, PhysX3_x86.dll, PhysX3_x86, PhysPhysX3Common_x86.dll, PhysX3Cooking_x86.dll, PhysX3Gpu_x86.dll"

I have tried to both reinstall and validate files, none of them helped...

Well, i have deleted buldozer and am now reinstalling, hoping this will work..

Oh great, now buldozer won't work.... "Buldozer may not work because it's missing some files "buldozer.exe, PhysX3_x86.dll, PhysX3_x86, PhysPhysX3Common_x86.dll, PhysX3Cooking_x86.dll, PhysX3Gpu_x86.dll"

I have tried to both reinstall and validate files, none of them helped...

Setup your P drive and mount as normal, then in TB set the path for BD, use the same .exe as arma3.exe

Also about the road part, every other road works perfectly without needing to snap except that one, i have no idea how. Also how do i go on as to enable snapping and adding a vertice to the line?

You need to enable the snapper, in the top of TB you have a magnet image, click that to toggle the snapper.

Then grab the vertice you want to snap and drag it over the other road, you'll see it jump and that's it.

You need to enable the snapper, in the top of TB you have a magnet image, click that to toggle the snapper.

Then grab the vertice you want to snap and drag it over the other road, you'll see it jump and that's it.

Be careful, as sometimes it bugs out and throws the dot 1000s of miles away! I always save now before I snap a road lol

Be careful, as sometimes it bugs out and throws the dot 1000s of miles away! I always save now before I snap a road lol

Yep, annoying bug but i've always been able to delete the road line after, saving never does any harm either.