Is there a way to stop / clip / prevent / disable clutter to appear in a specific area, not using the mask?  I have a lot of clutter popping up from under a concrete slab object and when I try to move the mask out, I get to a lot of unwanted texture on the edge of the slab.  I would like to have grass up to the edge of the slab.  http://imgur.com/YheIuF3 Thanks!

(The extra words I used to search for and didn't find anything.  Using them as key words for others to find this)

Your mask defines what textures are applied, your clutter is then assigned to the textures, so to control the clutter it's done via mask.

The clutter overlap looks like your mask fades out, so that will have a different RGB value as it blends, there is a post that explains how to have jagged edges without fading, i'm sure it was either Bushlurker or Icebreakr that posted it, however i can't find it searching :( it does exist though .... somewhere

Ritchie's right - the mask surfaces either have clutter assigned or they don't, and the usual best way to stop clutter poking up through models is to have the ground at that point assigned to a non-clutter surface - like the "general urban gravel" sortof surfaces you'll often see used as an "underlay" underneath roads, buildings, etc.

However, this technique can only be as high-precision as the mask resolution itself, so sometimes it's difficult to achieve a small, neat result.

In these instances, what you need is a "Clutter Cutter".

These are basically invisible, untextured flat-plane objects which suppress clutter on otherwise normally cluttered surfaces...

There's a couple included in the OA models, eg:

"CA\misc_e\clutterCutter_small_EP1.p3d"

Since those models are available as MLODS you can cop one, open it up in O2 (or whatever they're calling it nowadays) and take a look/edit/resize it to suit your needs...

They work nicely and can be extremely handy for spot-area clutter suppression...

The "invisible roads" models do the same thing, though they also carry info which declares them to the AI as "roads" which can occasionally cause unpredictable behaviour depending on the context they're used in (invisible road tiles are ideal for a runway underlay, for example). A Clutter Cutter is the basically same thing, without the Roadway LOD.

B

he could also reduce the px overlay size

@Auss, How do I do that?  Is that in the second tab of TB?