t-800a

[COOP][CUP] SME.Gen - SmallMilitaryEncounter Generator

the default reward in params.hpp is full arsenal, which works for me.

8 minutes ago, bek said:

the default reward in params.hpp is full arsenal, which works for me.

Went in and changed that to fullArsenal and still on the intial loadout from an arsenal box I end up with no gear at all. Doesn't make any sense. Absolutely gives me no gear at all. Frustrating that I cant just disable that.

Sounds weird. Grab the code from github and try without modifying anything. Or try opening arsenal with the debug console and see if you can load gear from that.

9 minutes ago, bek said:

Sounds weird. Grab the code from github and try without modifying anything. Or try opening arsenal with the debug console and see if you can load gear from that.

This is what I get when I try and load gear from an arsenal box I placed on the Map. I always place boxes at certsain spots on maps I edit and this is the first time Ive had this issue..very weird.

arma3%202017-01-25%2023-59-44-05_zpsx93w

check what reward parameter you're using

13 minutes ago, bek said:

check what reward parameter you're using

Ive actually tried every reward parameter and doesn't make any difference..still get that same thing. I downloaded the one from github and put that in and still get that same thing. I use other Mods besides RHS..is that the issue? Is the mission designed to be only run with RHS? I took everything that spawned at base out and set up the base the way I wanted it with TFAR,ACE,RHS,US Military Mod(for uniforms) I set up all the missions I edit pretty much the same with logistical support at base and run very long respawn on vehicles. So I use ACE for vehicle repair and for Medical. So I don't use FAR or the Vanilla revive stuff at all. The missions all seem to spawn fine..just cant get any gear at all.

Diesel

@t-800a

Just downloaded the v-0.45 pbo and it's causing a crash as soon as I host the server, don't even have to select the mission.

Include file a3\Functions_F\Params\paramRevive.hpp not found

Definitely the pbo that's causing it, I'll try out the actual folders.

Edit: Tried opening the mission and previewing it, works fine in the editor and on mp. It's just the pbo that is causing the crash.

7 hours ago, Mashroom said:

@diesel tech jc

Are you sure you're using the last one I uploaded? I completely removed that script, I just checked again and it's not there...

I used the folders inside it on Takistan but still no luck. Looks like a cool mission but the whole x-cam thing and all the restrictions and everything make it hard to edit at all,may just have to recycle bin this one and stick to liberation..lol Thanks for all the replies.

Diesel

9 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

I used the folders inside it on Takistan but still no luck. Looks like a cool mission but the whole x-cam thing and all the restrictions and everything make it hard to edit at all,may just have to recycle bin this one and stick to liberation..lol Thanks for all the replies.

Diesel

I don't really understand what you mean, the mission I uploaded was for Chernarus not Takistan. And the first one I linked is the only one that has the restricted loading.

If you want to play on Takistan without CUP units you'll need to open it in the editor (the original mission not my edit) with CUP enabled and replace the CUP units.

I've deleted the other download and just tested this again. There are definitely no restrictions if you set Full Arsenal in the parameters.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_EfJTlsO7mLaVQySlBjMWRBZEE

Just use the PBO in mpmissions.

If that's still not working you should wait until @t-800a implements his player faction config, that way the mission shouldn't have any dependencies and you'll be able to set it all up in the parameters, correct?

8 minutes ago, Mashroom said:

I don't really understand what you mean, the mission I uploaded was for Chernarus not Takistan. And the first one I linked is the only one that has the restricted loading.

If you want to play on Takistan without CUP units you'll need to open it in the editor (the original mission not my edit) with CUP enabled and replace the CUP units.

I've deleted the other download and just tested this again. There are definitely no restrictions if you set Full Arsenal in the parameters.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_EfJTlsO7mLaVQySlBjMWRBZEE

Just use the PBO in mpmissions.

If that's still not working you should wait until @t-800a implements his player faction config, that way the mission shouldn't have any dependencies and you'll be able to set it all up in the parameters, correct?

Here is what Happens with the one you gave me on Chernarus...

everything is greyed out and cant load anything.

arma3%202017-01-26%2011-58-11-40_zpsyuht

4 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

Here is what Happens with the one you gave me on Chernarus...

everything is greyed out and cant load anything.

arma3%202017-01-26%2011-58-11-40_zpsyuht

You need to start it in an MP game and select the mission parameters once you load the mission to 'Full Arsenal', and like I said make sure you're using the one I just linked not the first one I linked (that has the preset load disabled).

Edit: If you're still having problems PM me because I don't want to bog down the thread with my broken edits aha

4 hours ago, Mashroom said:

Include file a3\Functions_F\Params\paramRevive.hpp not found

Definitely the pbo that's causing it, I'll try out the actual folders.

Edit: Tried opening the mission and previewing it, works fine in the editor and on mp. It's just the pbo that is causing the crash.

Lovely ... I tried it myself locally and ... yes ... its fuuuucked ... no idea why.

Not that I included these params the way BIS suggested in the BIKI.

For now I'll just copy&paste the params from their .hpp ...

23 hours ago, Mashroom said:

Speaking of persistence if you join the game after the tasks have been assigned you cannot see them, is that default Arma 3 behaviour? Guess there's a way to check players against tasks when they spawn?

oh and I am hunting for this one .... Dunno why the BIS function doesnt do the JIP. thought it was set up to do so, and afaik did it in the past.

1 hour ago, t-800a said:

oh and I am hunting for this one .... Dunno why the BIS function doesnt do the JIP. thought it was set up to do so, and afaik did it in the past.

See I was under the impression it did as well, maybe something is interfering with it?

I updated the git a bit and vehicles used in the mission can now be defined in playerFaction (new class missionVehicles)
-> basic respawn system for the defined vehicles (dead, can not move, fuel empty, left behind)
-> spawn positions based on markers defined in the config
-> make sure NO! objects are near those positons (10m radius)

If someone wants to test ;)

Example of the new class in the player faction:

Spoiler

class missionVehicles
{
	class mission_vehicle_01
	{
		type			= "O_Truck_03_medical_F";
		spawn			= "mission_marker_vehicle_01_spawn";
		whiteList		= "";
		mobileRespawn	= 1;
	};

class mission_vehicle_02
	{
		type			= "O_MRAP_02_F";
		spawn			= "mission_marker_vehicle_02_spawn";
		whiteList		= "";
		mobileRespawn	= 0;
	};

class mission_vehicle_03
	{
		type			= "O_MRAP_02_F";
		spawn			= "mission_marker_vehicle_03_spawn";
		whiteList		= "";
		mobileRespawn	= 0;
	};

class mission_vehicle_04
	{
		type			= "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F";
		spawn			= "mission_marker_vehicle_04_spawn";
		whiteList		= "whitelistHelicopter";
		mobileRespawn	= 0;				
	};			
};

I may change the reward vehicle to sth similar. maybe even make them more variable ... not fixed to three vehicles

• Like 2

Version V.050 available, updated first post.

Steam Workshop updates asap.

## Version V.050 - 09.02.2017
# added IFA3 variant: _SMEGen_IFA3.Staszow
- IFA3 specific Tasks
- IFA3 specific Factions

# main changes
- moved cfgRandomMissions.hpp to mission root (easier to sync after changes)
- moved initParams.sqf to fn_params.sqf (easier to sync after changes)
- missionFactions.hpp and missionPlayerFactions.hpp overhaul
- player side affected by selected player faction
- spawned vehicles can now be defined in playerFaction (new class missionVehicles)
- vehicles in player faction can also be defined to be mobile arsenal
- spawn positions based on markers defined in the config (make sure NO! objects are near those positons (10m radius))
- added RHS configs by Bek & Mashroom
- added CUP US Army Faction
- added / changed Params accroding

# minor changes
- vehicle patrols are spawned in a central location
- JIP task publish (hopefully)
- fixed BIS revive params include error (WTFBISOMG)
- small positioning impro. in fn_createConvoy.sqf
- added simpe addon check
- removed 'scrippted' mainbases in missions (all in 3DEN now)
- basic respawn system for the defined vehicles

• Like 2

Congrats on the release !

Thanks for sharing.... gj...

• Like 2

The HEMMT keeps disdappearring and respawning back at the base.

Is it on a timer?

9 hours ago, kdjac said:

The HEMMT keeps disdappearring and respawning back at the base.

Is it on a timer?

not directly, it will respawn if players are more then 2km away or if it is out of fuel / unable to drive and players are 1km away. (or destroyed)

Are you playing alone? maybe i should add a small additional delay for the respawning ... while testing everything worked fine.

Hey t-800a,

I have not been able to test your missions in a mp scenario, yet. But I did load it up and it looks very interesting for a small group as an alternative to DRO.

So first of all thank you for working on this and releasing it to the public :)

As I said I did some testing with this mission and I have 2 questions/issues/remarks:

1) I loaded it up on my local pc as a listen server with vanilla factions using the workshop subscription. When I first spawned in I was only wearing underwear and had to outfit myself in the arsenal. Then I respawned again and suddenly had an vanilla Squad Leader Inventory on me. I did select the squad leader role on the role assignment screen. I personally would not mind people spawning with equipment according to the role they selected. However I always spawn with an empty inventory and not always will respawning fix it. Furthermore I cannot select the RCO and many other "squad leader items" in the arsenal but for instance only the ACO as a scope. Not sure if that is intenional.

2) I downloaded the Pbos from your first post and put all of its content in the mpmissions folder of my dedicated server. I have to admit I am a noob when it comes to hosting Arma 3 dedicated servers as mine has been running only for about a week now. But I did the same with the Liberation and a bunch of other pbos and I can select all of them under #missions but yours won't show up. So I am probably doing something wrong and/or there is something special about your mission? Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

I will be sure to keep an eye on your project and look forward to trying it in a mp environment :)

Hi,

I hope I havent missverstanden you (bad pun sorry).

1) wearing underwear is a copy paste error I made. you should be wearing your uniform ... but not much else. That is intended.

In the starting params you can select your player factions with and without full arsenal access. If you choose to use the full arsenal then you hava access to everything. If not it only shows restricted things. For the A3 vanilla Bluefor selection you will unlock more gear if you rank up, and you rank up by completing missions.

I may make a optional Param entry to "force" full arcenal, and clear up the entries a bit.

2) honestly I am not a server guru myself, but at least the altis version should show up without any mods laoded, because it does for me on a local dedicated server and a hosted gameserver. Cant give much help there :/

hey thx for your reply.

1) okay I understand your reasoning. However I respawned right after joining without completing any missions and received the squad leader inventory. I will doublecheck the settings and try to reproduce it.

2) at least I know there is nothing special to be done. I will set up the server from scratch again. maybe that fixes it.