t-800a

[COOP][CUP] SME.Gen - SmallMilitaryEncounter Generator

hello,

Dsl, same problem, even with your latest version.

if I start with several of my guys and with Admin rights, we are all freez, when I Alt + F4, my guys connected on this !!! tested it on a linux

sorry for my English.

Yup no go on the new version, although some slightly different behaviour.  I'll need to test more, but got some reports that objects were loading into the base area slightly quicker than the last version on a "force" start.

But yeah overall problem remains.

I'll need to test more, but got some reports that objects were loading into the base area slightly quicker than the last version on a "force" start.

Yeah well, this is normal. as the objects are not placed in the editor. They were placed with the xCam and exported as script file. Then this script is executed on the server at mission start. So if you join the mission the objects are synced to your client, this may take some time and be the result of them warping in.

With extended x-cam multiplayer sessions (50.000 objects and more) we had waiting times of 5 to 10 minutes till everything was synced upon loading the mission.

Oh, and all the map-markers from the singleplayer editor are just for debug, they don't show up in MP.

Yeah i understand the fact they are loading in via script, the problem seems to be a very slow load of the script, as i say in the editor they all load in quickly. When i appear on the map they are there, but in the server they load in one by one very slowly.

This cant be intended and i'm sure has something to do with the mission not loading in correctly from the lobby. Without using the "force" start methods as mentioned.  Its like there is something forcing it to hang on load or slowing it all down to a crawl.

At least i know its not just me, thats a slight relief, for me anyway.  :wacko:

Yeah it seems that the server is ready, but the client has some loading overlay after the first loading screen, because when we restart the server the map with the right markers hq etc. and continue button is there for some seconds.

Tested it in Local multiplayer no probs, really strange behaivor.

EDIT: 

Strange things going on.

Today our server admin did a new set up for our linux server, after this your mission load without any problems.

Modified version vanilla versions, customized with ace and under 20 seconds.

So in our case it was something with the sever, but we dont know what because didnt had this issue with other missions.

But for us it fixes a new set up for the server.

As i've not had any problems previously with any missions i'm reluctant to reinstall the server.  But i'll give it a try and test over the weekend.

I shall report back.

EDIT:  Well seen as the server didn't take too long to reinstall, i decided to try the addon free version you posted.  Quite looking forward to it working.....

Alas it didn't work, same loading problem, stuck on the "onLoad" screen.

So that's tested on a clean Windows server install.

Now to upload all my mods again  :crazy:

after several tests, it seems that the problem comes from   #include <..\@SMEGen\FUNCTIONS.hpp>.

if // #include <..\@SMEGen\FUNCTIONS.hpp> mission launches

@shadow.d. ^bob^ 

srry but our admin has to do the job so or so and it fixed it for us for three joins.

But now it seems we have a solid workaround for it, plz try it and gave me feedback if it helps you.

yeah the problem was gone after the new set up for 2 starts of the mission after that same problem.

But for now we have a workaround. I dont know why mayby T-800 knows the reason.

Fact ist when you log in as admin on the server and start it you get stuck in the second loading screen. 

But when one admin is on the server and one player and you get stuck on the loading the admin has to alt f4(or close arma), and after that the other player come on the map and ingame, Really strange behaivor. 

But after that the admin can join and also comes ingame as for the other players who join after this workaround.

This workaround helps us every time for now, i hope some of you could help this.

Ps.: Really good mission but the complicatest to start ;).

after several tests, it seems that the problem comes from   #include <..\@SMEGen\FUNCTIONS.hpp>.

if // #include <..\@SMEGen\FUNCTIONS.hpp> mission launches

But then no functions are loaded and nothing works at all (no task created, no ai spawned, ...), expect from maybe getting in game.

And the #include with a relative path is part of the game since version 1.50(?).

[...] I dont know why mayby T-800 knows the reason. 

Ps.: Really good mission but the complicatest to start ;).

Honestly I have no clue, wherever and whatever I try is just working for me. If it did not work for me in the first place, I would not have released it. :/

Yeah i believe you every single word, but you know thats arma too ;).

I hope my workaround work for the others, but its a strange behaivor why and i dont get behind it.

Hi

Do not go into admin.
Once a mission launch just wait 2/3 minutes and it's good we get to connect us. Patience lol,

However and if admin no loading ...... :wacko:

Anyone knows how to set up new missions locations or porting it to a new map ?

If I can make my mind up later, I'll write it down how it works.

There are already some hints at the end of the readme thou.

How to bring SME.Gen to your desired map:

If you start the mission in singleplayer / via the singleplayer editor some keys will be bound to a function. This function will log the current player position as one of the used types of side in the SME.Gen. If you then export this file, it will be formated in arma config syntax, and you just need to copy paste it in the right file(s).

You will need:
KillzoneKids MakeFile extension: http://killzonekid.com/arma-extension-make_file-dll-v1-0/(you may need to start without battleye, the extension may be blocked)
Your preferred way to teleport your player around (I use Zeus + the Ares mod which has some teleport options)

The following Keys are assigned:
[F5]: log current player position as 'town'
[F6]: log current player position as 'military base'
[F7]: log current player position as 'road'
[F8]: log current player position as 'compound'
[F8]+[ALT]: log current player position as 'field' (comming with V.041)

[F9]: exports the logged positions to a file with arma-config formating. (via MakeFile extension)

Road positions need the correct direction, the players direction is used to determine the roads direction. So please turn your player look down the roads path before logging road positions.
Compund positions require a open field with some free space. I would recommend flat, free areas of about 75m x 75m
Field positions do not require a completly open field, but it's better to use only barley populated areas which are not to steep.

What to do:
1. Port your mission to the desired map, as you would do with any other mission.

2. go to ...\SMEGen.DesiredMap\config\maps\

3. copy one of the existing maps (eg. altis.hpp) and rename it to "desiredmap.hpp" and open the file

4. clear the file of all sites and rename the class accoring to you desired map, should look sth. like this:

/*
 =======================================================================================================================

SME.Gen - Small Military Encounter Genenerator

File:		desiredmap.hpp
	Author:		T-800a
	E-Mail:		t-800a@gmx.net

=======================================================================================================================
*/

class DesiredMap : base_map
{

};

5. open the file ...\SMEGen.DesiredMap\config\missionSites.hpp and scroll to the end. (Please don't change the base_map class.)

6. include the file for your desired map:

#include <maps\desiredmap.hpp>

7. open your mission in the Arma 3 singleplayer editor.

8. log you positions and export them.

9. open the exported file. (you should find it in your Arma Root directory) and copy the created config classes.

10. paste them inside the <DesiredMap> class in your <desiredmap.hpp> and save.

11. open your mission again in the editor. if you preview the mission it should create map markers for all your imported positions

If it shows mission config errors while saving the map in the editor you may have a syntax error in your desiredmap.hpp or a doubled class name. also class names with "-" in it require a manual edit, these wont work.

12. share your positions with us :)

• Like 3

Hello

I am very interested in this scenario, and was wondering if it would be possible to play with 2 players?

Also, in the diary it mentions the admin being able to unlock choppers for non-pilots, but I do not see how to do that. Its not in the parameters, how exactly do I enable that?

thanks!

So whats the status of this version? working?

To quote myself: 

Honestly I have no clue, wherever and whatever I try is just working for me. If it did not work for me in the first place, I would not have released it. :/

For me its working, and I can't reproduce the problems the others mentioned. Which is rather annoying. -.-

Hi,
small return after several co-op has 10 players, run like a charm on linux, epic mission again thank you ;)

good job  :) 

Hello,

I really like this mission and it was working great when I tested it alone, but when I hosted the mission to play it with a friend it started behaving strange.

The person who connects (friend tried to host too) always spawns in the desert 3km to the right of the Airfield and does not have a blank loadout like the

host but rather a loadout based on the server slot he took (therefor having really good equipment compared to what the Arsenal lets you choose at the beginning).

We are only using the required Mods (downloaded from Steam Workshop)

Edit: It seemed like the reviving system wasn't working either and the person who connected was unable to use the Arsenal.

He was even able to fly the helicopter without beeing a pilot, so it seems like the rules did not apply for his entity.

Does this mean the mission does not get properly initialized? Anybody else having similar issues?

Edit2: Oh and I would love to play this mission against the CAF Agressors faction, can anybody tell if that is possible (without superb mission editing skills)?

first post updated with new versions, added steam ws

Great mission. Would love to see a HALO jump option or proximity respawn similar to Dynamic Recon Ops. Regardless, it's still a lot of fun. Kudos. Hard to find similar well made Coop scenarios for small players groups, even more than 3 years after the A3 release.

Great stuff here...really like the infantry based gameplay..thanks for sharing this!

Diesel

Very cool, thanks for merging those RHS classes the other user made.One question though; I couldn't seem to get the player on Opfor; the config/cfgRandomMissions.hpp has playerFaction                = 0; (1 by default) yet the lobby slots are still bluefor. So if I set the spawned enemies to bluefor, we're on the same team. Did I just mess up somewhere or is this a bug? Using the Altis version from github (changing all the lines you mentioned on page1, and the RHS enemy units spawn fine).