Just now, road runner said:

it wasn't just about the CH-46 crashing though was it? :f:

Man the video was about a CH-46 trying to land on a ship but fails and it crashes into the water.

• Like 1

it was a compilation of crashes

My guess It was deemed to be more "off topic", so it was removed.

• Like 1

The work is so amazing!  I can't wait to play with the mod!

Edited by Virens_Delight
Wanted to rephrase

On 1/14/2017 at 9:55 PM, flanders25 said:

It will be well worth the wait guys. Just hold tight! 

is it just me or is the door kinda see through

7 hours ago, Scotty_Z said:

is it just me or is the door kinda see through

Yeah I noticed that too, there's several objects in the game lately that have a transparency thing going on when they shouldn't

Thats in fact one of the bugs holding a release back, as mentioned earlier. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to taking some awesome screenshots of this bad boy.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, flanders25 said:

Thats in fact one of the bugs holding a release back, as mentioned earlier. 

Issue could be that your door texture has an alpha channel that shouldn't be there.

Texture needs a proper _co.tga suffix before converting to _co.paa. This '_co' in the filenamemakes the BIS tools save them as a 24bit texture with no alpha channel. _ca.tga/_ca.paa suffix will save as 32bit with alpha, and often if you have no suffix at all the tools will opt to make the .paa 32bit from some formats.

Textures that do need alphas, (such as window glass) should be separate from the fuselage textures so you can save them as 32bit _ca.tga while keeping the fuselage as 24bit _co.tga

If the above two conditions are in place and the problem still persists, you can try setting forceNotAlpha = 1 as a named property in the model's Geometry LOD.

• Like 3

another step in fixing this, which worked on NI's H21c was to select the main textures and ctrl shift home (bring to top), then repeat for the decals, rotor blur (if part of the main model) and finally window glass.  this means glass is on top, with rotor blur next, then decals and below them the main textures.  if you add new components to the model, (e.g. a 50 cal) be sure to repeat this process, to ensure the new parts go below the main textured parts in face ordering. fixes the problem for us 100% of the time.

i'm guessing this step wouldn't be necessary if you followed monkeys advice as there wouldn't be any "confusion" about transparency going on in your texture pack.

Flight test over Utes! Pre crashing! haha. The AFM on this bird is fine tuned and difficult ! Sorry I haven't been around these forums as much as I use to, but I am happy to say I recently enlisted into the USMC as enlisted flight crew! (Aircrew) 

91AD1A016AC3BA639E213CFBEDE8BFA5FD51DF436B39038C6BF95EFEC1EE1EAECC91746DA36A6026E1D7FC773B1A41D3C4123502884288BA1F43273810D6C029234A5973E71C419525260150F6B0960165800A0F4531573DD531229AC3026106CF610579

• Like 26

Semper Fi!

First to fight, last to leave!

• Like 4

Looks like it's coming together nicely!  I haven't gone through the entire thread but it looks like you can move around inside?

Congrats on your enlistment! Stay safe out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McIntire said:

Looks like it's coming together nicely!  I haven't gone through the entire thread but it looks like you can move around inside?

When the aircraft is not flying, correct, you can walk throughout the cabin. As far as I am aware, an engine limitation would not allow us or anyone to make the aircraft walk able while in the air. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, flanders25 said:

When the aircraft is not flying, correct, you can walk throughout the cabin. As far as I am aware, an engine limitation would not allow us or anyone to make the aircraft walk able while in the air. 

This is when someone brings up RHS ;)

we had to strip out all our roadways in chinook and mi-8 etc as the ship would not start its engines if spawned flying - it thought it was on the ground lol.

so if your ships start with AI in them in the air, does the roadway not cause this? ifso, i'd love to know how you managed it. i gave up after a lost week trying.

congrats on your enlistment - enjoy the pepper spray and gas in basic lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eggbeast said:

we had to strip out all our roadways in chinook and mi-8 etc as the ship would not start its engines if spawned flying - it thought it was on the ground lol.

so if your ships start with AI in them in the air, does the roadway not cause this? ifso, i'd love to know how you managed it. i gave up after a lost week trying.

congrats on your enlistment - enjoy the pepper spray and gas in basic lol

Never mind pepper spray and gas in basic! I have to go through sere school for my job! Hahaha. Now that you say that, I am not sure. I haven't tried that. 

• Like 1

it might come in AIT after basic, thinkin about it. so you might be lucky and not have to do it. i wouldn't know im not american lol. i got gassed back in the day - was great fun, not.

With the latest development and recent flight test have any more issues been found or are nearing the release of the mod?

• Like 1

Looks outstanding, can't wait for a release. Congrats on your enlistment, met a lot of fellow marines training for aircrew when I went through Pensacola for MOS school. Good luck! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Virens_Delight said:

With the latest development and recent flight test have any more issues been found or are nearing the release of the mod?

You shouldn't ask or even mention anything that has to do with release dates or updates, moderators get mad if you do ;)

18 hours ago, Virens_Delight said:

It will be released when its ready and not before. Please don't ask for updates, its counted as spam on these forums. As per the forum rules.

2 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

You shouldn't ask or even mention anything that has to do with release dates or updates, moderators get mad if you do ;)

Indeed we do :evil:

• Like 2

just cause there isnt weekly updates doesn't mean its dying. It means the devs are busy doing work.

I talk to NightIntruder once in a while, this is DEF not a dead mod. It will be ready when it is ready, NI is a pretty busy fella......

~S