What actually needs finishing with this mod? From these screenies it looks pretty much perfect as it is

I Know 

• Like 1

I Still can't belive this topic made 526+ posts

• Like 1

140714-N-UN830-135-1024x679.jpg

MH60S Blackhawk Kauai, July 14 2014

(Off-topic)

Edited by Miner37

What actually needs finishing with this mod? From these screenies it looks pretty much perfect as it is

Bug fixes and a few things

• Like 4

Bug fixes and a few things

oh

Welp, 

Edited by Miner37

We have a list of more then 100 things "to do". A dozen of them are considered to be major bugs or things that must be finished before release, like AI not being able to fly the heli properly, semi transparent or too glossy textures, etc. Roughly half of the list is connected with basic version, although most of those things are optional features ie. radio chatting in background. So, saying that the heli is done at nearly 90% was overestimated, sorry for that, but some of the bugs emerged while testing the heli in MP, some appeared after 1.60 release, some were planned to be made fast but RL issue halted the development for some time. This is how asking about ETA or percentage of the work done ends up, honestly. So please don't do that. Anyway, please remember also that the model and the textures are not the only things included in the addon. 
I can assure you we work hard, although RL issues are taking the toll on the development as well. At the moment, we polish weather module to have it of any use with ACE3 and also improve custom crew poses in the cabin. We would love to give you as much bug-free addon as possible and both pleasant and realistic to fly or being transported in.
  • Like 7

amen. any time BI do a major update, all modders have to roll their sleeves up and try to work out why and in how many ways their kit is borked...

• Like 3

We have a list of more then 100 things "to do". A dozen of them are considered to be major bugs or things that must be finished before release, like AI not being able to fly the heli properly, semi transparent or too glossy textures, etc. Roughly half of the list is connected with basic version, although most of those things are optional features ie. radio chatting in background. So, saying that the heli is done at nearly 90% was overestimated, sorry for that, but some of the bugs emerged while testing the heli in MP, some appeared after 1.60 release, some were planned to be made fast but RL issue halted the development for some time. This is how asking about ETA or percentage of the work done ends up, honestly. So please don't do that. Anyway, please remember also that the model and the textures are not the only things included in the addon. 
I can assure you we work hard, although RL issues are taking the toll on the development as well. At the moment, we polish weather module to have it of any use with ACE3 and also improve custom crew poses in the cabin. We would love to give you as much bug-free addon as possible and both pleasant and realistic to fly or being transported in.

Now we Play the Waiting Game  :mellow:

Hi Folks,

I applaud your "attention to detail"...

It looks great...

Thanks for your efforts...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Or you could make it yourself if you don't want to wait. Maybe I am taking your comment the wrong way, but it sounds extremely disrespectful for the amount of time & work NighIntruder has put into this. He's not a BI employee and Is doing this for free and I think that should be respected.

• Like 5

You need to play the "shut the fuck up and quit nagging" game.  Edit - looks like Flanders beat me to the punch LOL

These people are playing on this shit - for free - on their spare time. 

IT WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN IT IS FUCKING COMPLETE!

Respect.  I'm sure they aren't wringing their hands laughing to themselves saying "we have this awesome mod and we aren't going to share it with anyone, just keep posting pics to egg people on".

Just be patient.  And show some respect.  Mod makers have enough to deal with, without addressing the incessant "how come I can't play it yet" questions. 

Because OH DEAR if it is released and there is a bug, there will be 20 posts every day asking "how come this piece of shit doesn't work right you owe me an explanation"

Come on people.

Edit #2 - sorry if I come across as grumpy.  But look through this, or any recent thread.  2/3 of the posts are "when can I play it" and "it will be ready soon". So the developers could have probably rolled this out already had they not had to stop and answer the constant questions.  Mod makers appreciate enthusiasm - we really do - but the incessant "are we there yet? no not yet" loop gets really. annoying.

• Like 11

You need to play the "shut the fuck up and quit nagging" game.  Edit - looks like Flanders beat me to the punch LOL

Respect.  I'm sure they aren't wringing their hands laughing to themselves saying "we have this awesome mod and we aren't going to share it with anyone, just keep posting pics to egg people on".

Just be patient.  And show some respect.  Mod makers have enough to deal with, without addressing the incessant "how come I can't play it yet" questions. 

Because OH DEAR if it is released and there is a bug, there will be 20 posts every day asking "how come this piece of shit doesn't work right you owe me an explanation"

Come on people.

Edit #2 - sorry if I come across as grumpy.  But look through this, or any recent thread.  2/3 of the posts are "when can I play it" and "it will be ready soon". So the developers could have probably rolled this out already had they not had to stop and answer the constant questions.  Mod makers appreciate enthusiasm - we really do - but the incessant "are we there yet? no not yet" loop gets really. annoying.

Couldnt agree more Pook, ive been trying to post screen shots to keep people happy, and these seem to be the results. 

• Like 2

Hey! I'm happy with the screens :)

• Like 2

Guys I don't care if it isn't finished I just like to hear how the work is going even if it is just bug fixes and we all appreciate the hard work you have all put into this bird but some of us get too exited and start to nag. Anyway keep up the amazing work and keep sending screenshots :)

Guys the mod looks amazing. The amount of work you have put into this mod in your free time is awesome. Take all the time you need its your mod you choice on what happens. On another note not sure if I missed it. Will there be a fast rope if so are you using a fast rope addon made by you or depent on another mod/script.

Keep up the great work guys. Looking forward to the day I get to fly this amazing piece of art. :D

• Like 1

Guys the mod looks amazing. The amount of work you have put into this mod in your free time is awesome. Take all the time you need its your mod you choice on what happens. On another note not sure if I missed it. Will there be a fast rope if so are you using a fast rope addon made by you or depent on another mod/script.

Keep up the great work guys. Looking forward to the day I get to fly this amazing piece of art. :D

In nightintruders youtube channel there was a ACE fast rope video and I think he said they were trying to get the rope to be in the middle hatch. Things might have changed though.

In nightintruders youtube channel there was a ACE fast rope video and I think he said they were trying to get the rope to be in the middle hatch. Things might have changed though.

Ah ok I only saw this mod about half way though so missed alot of info though the pages. Either way I know its gonna be awesome

Come on people.

Damnit Pook, you caught me to it, i wanted to roast 'em real hard :P
  • Like 1

I fully understand people who like the addon. They are impatient and want playing the toy ASAP (and, I suppose, some of them are to young to fully understand what the freeware addonmaking is in reality). Honestly? I want to give you the addon ASAP as well. Mainly beacuse working on an addon for so long time is ... tiresome, sort of. If you know that people want it soooo bad usually brings a pressure that contributes to a stress. In such scenario happy creativity ends quickly, and stress emerges instead. Asking about ETA, directly or indirectly, brings a lot of attention of those who were seriously involved in addon making at least once. They know how inappropriate such questions are. Asking about ETA has adverse effect as it tires your addon makers instead of encouraging them to exerted work.

I would like to avoid any negative emotions in this topic so, again, kindly ask you all for giving up the questions about "when" and patiently enjoying excellent screenshots brought to you by Flanders25 :) We really wouldn't be able to work harder in order to bring you the addon as soon as possible, having in mind we work for free, have our own jobs, families, kids and other hobbies. And would love to meet our friends or play our beloved sim from time to time :) A quality often requires a sacrifice, in this case - a time.

• Like 15

Completely right on. Arma would not be arma if It wasn't for the moders who give up their time to make ours game experience better. 

• Like 1

Did pook make the SAM mod? 

He did, but please stay on topic ;)

• Like 4