Very WIP here, so forgive me any not finished parts. CH46A wearing Nam era camo. Will have different AFM config file, obviously. For preempting any further questions - 17 seats will be preserved however max loadout will depend on AFM and the weather impact we are working on. Armament will be released along with advanced version of the addon. Very early version of Knight so - no countermeasures, no radar or fancy cameras, etc.

ZHBIVJL.jpg

5s1nwdv.jpg

uiC9NzT.jpg

26rNKpI.jpg

• Like 14

looks lovely

if needed I have pre-made, fully animated, fully proxied (they use up 300 faces in the main model per gun despite every cartridge in the belt being a 300-face model), air-standard 50-cals and M60's - based on original models by BIS and vilas, as seen on my chinooks.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/Unsung/chingun2_zpszcrmnfnh.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/Unsung/ch47r3_zpsohbalkpz.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the offer! I would be happy to look into it, beast. The guns look thrilling :)  I would just stay with M2s as have seen only one picture where M60s were employed on the Knight (prob as a test bed). What do you mean by "fully proxied" ? Does it mean they can be proxied in the model still being fully animated? 

yeah the part of the model that is not a proxy is tiny.  every moving part and the main gun itself is a proxy, so you paste in the model which includes maybe 18 proxies, and paste in my model.cfg animations and bones and the memory points and hey presto - fully animated trigger, bolt, charging handle, ammo belt, light, barrel recoil, feedtray cover, etc.

i have made 5 M2's called mg1_xx, mg2_xx, etc up to mg5_xx so you can easily see and move or modify the weapons in the model.

best way to place them is to paste it into lod1, view proxy objects, work out the moves x,y,z required for the placement, note that down, then ctrl Z until it's deleted from model. then repaste it, move the model x,y,z based on your experiment, then repeat for each LOD inc memory.

repeat for each gun.

paste in the model.cfg entries

paste in the turret entries.

paste in the reflector entries (if needed)

add your specific weapon animationsources to the vehicle cfg

job done.

oh you will need to decide on a weapons cfg. you can have mine but it's quite long for an M2, as i made it for a lot of child weapons in unsung.

want me to send you the model in pm?

or i can place them in your model for you. It will need a little repathing of textures to have them standalone in your model release.

• Like 3

Really smart way to avoid polycount limits :) Yes, please send me the package in PM, beast. I will do all the job required. The only thing which worries me at the moment is licence applied to the M2's model. Have to check it just to be sure that knight's binarization will still be possible.

license? well the main body and moving parts are BIS APL. The front barrel is made by Vilas, so a credit should be made for him. If you intend to monetize the addon you will have some problems both with BIS and Vilas lol. Better then to make your own MG models. Vilas is unlikely to mind his work being used on good quality non-commercial addons. This is why he gave them to us originally. I can ask him before we do any work on this if that's what you'd like, as insurance, and good practice. Another option would be to model your own barrel for the MG, which isn't too hard a job. It's a cyclinder, with drawn on (using alpha) holes in it.

pm sent

• Like 1

If I am allowed to ask, which map is this picture taken on?

And I musst say the Night is looking so awsome I can not wait anymore.

• Like 1

Another thing I use to avoid polygon count limits is all the little bits on the vehicle that aren't camo-specific, and are not animated, like antennas, exhaust pipes, etc. all get put into a different "parts" 3D model.  "Create proxy" and point to that model.  Presto you have all sorts of room to play with now :)  Remember however if you move the coordinates of the main model, to also move the coordinates of the parts model.

The side benefit is you can put really detailed bits and pieces into it that you wouldn't normally add.

On my APC's I have even resorted to making the wheels visual LOD's a proxy so you can have really detailed tires without hitting limits. 

Also, I don't know that Egg got my complete explanation for adding those things.  I always copy every. single. lod into the "imported" gun.  The trick is to make a selection for every LOD so you can easily sort them.  e.g. all the memory points you copy from the original LOD, make a new selection called "zzzMemory" which allows you to easily select all the memory points later.  THEN you can move all LOD's at the same instant within your EDIT lod.  Then select the "zzzMemory" selection, cut, paste into the model's MEMORY lod.  Repeat for the rest :D  I learned to do this after realizing it was taking FOREVER to align those shadow LOD's w/ the visuals because I made a change and didn't repeat it for all of the LOD's (which is sometimes easy to miss).  This single-copy-paste method helps me immensely.  You can copy/paste the vehicle's main body into the EDIT lod to help w/ placement.  Obviously EDIT lods aren't a major factor so you can play with them with no ill effects.  One thing I've noticed is it doesn't like it if you have more EDIT lod's than you have Visual LOD's.  It seems it doesn't render in-game if that condition exists.

• Like 1

well it works fine on the chinook. i've sent NI the file to have a play with. very simple to add to another heli. and fully animated. the only proble mi have wiht it is the barrel recoil animation source says it is missing. perhaps you could take a look at it in the unsung ch47 for us pook?

Well, thank you very much gents! I got all materials. Regarding licence, the Knight's gonna be public and non-commercial, no monetarization, donation, won't make money on it at all. I must look into BIS APL then. Again, thanks for comprehensive explanation!

• Like 2

Beautiful Bird, Hope you release it soon. :P

Will the Canadian 113 Labrador have large sponsons? 

Looked at some of the comments in his CH46 Echo Addon Vids and Found out that it will Feature it if I'm correct

Looked at some of the comments in his CH46 Echo Addon Vids and Found out that it will Feature it if I'm correct

Nothing is or isnt confirmed, it will be a surprise ;) We just dont want to promise, and then not be able to deliver. 

• Like 1

Nothing is or isnt confirmed, it will be a surprise ;) We just dont want to promise, and then not be able to deliver. 

people love surprises right?

I hope I don't annoy you with this question but how is the project coming along?

Well, hopefully this tells you :) Tell me whatcha want to see and maybe I can help you here and there.. aha

E7459B4F6A06303BE8684864F71FA67BCC765187

6C760034890A1DF33DB53B956736DB2ABFB500A6

21D6F07AC675D3204D8E917A06EBFE775CBD329B

• Like 5

Well I see a mod ready to be released ;) Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images, as per the forum rules
  • Like 1

Wow! Nice job NightIntruder

it looks Battle Ready :)

if I Have to rate it this is my Rating: 10/10 Very Great Detailed Mod/Addon for Arma 3

Just no words at all

I think Flanders mentioned something about a wreck that will be included any chance we can see a sneak peak of the model? :)