I thought this video was pretty cool so why not share with you guys? 

• Like 7

While we are speaking about videos, have you seen this one, from VERTREP tasks? I like it specifically for what they are doing with the heli. They were flying it like it was Littlebird!

• Like 2

While we are speaking about videos, have you seen this one, from VERTREP tasks? I like it specifically for what they are doing with the heli. They were flying it like it was Littlebird!

Crazy how skilled that pilot mustve been, I can only imagine how many hours he had logged haaha. Mustve been emotional for these pilots to see most of these Knights get junked. 

Crazy how skilled that pilot mustve been, I can only imagine how many hours he had logged haaha. Mustve been emotional for these pilots to see most of these Knights get junked. 

Very much, indeed. I saw a video where a colonel, a pilot of ch46 was interviewed while he had flown the last Marines one to the aircraft storage. He said that he had been flying only seaknights for 17 years through his entire flying career, and that particular flight was his last one in the US Army. I guess he didn't want to transfer to MV22. He was very happy that his aircraft actually got a second chance probably as US Department of State helicopter. Yeaa, strong bonding was clearly visible there...

There is going to be a tail gunner right and for fast roping they not just going to fast rope in the middle only right can they be able to fast rope out the back to or no 

There is going to be a tail gunner right and for fast roping they not just going to fast rope in the middle only right can they be able to fast rope out the back to or no 

I cannot directly answer this question right now. Basically, it depends on poly count as for fast roping out the back specific item called Shromel Frame is needed (I haven't modeled that stuff). Also it depends on machinima behind the chosen fast roping addon, whether it would be AGM, ACE or both. If not polycount, I'll have to take into account whether memory points of AGM/ACE could be attached to proxied Shromel Frame or not. There's no simple answer to your question, and what's more, I haven't even looked into that problem yet. It's not that phase of working on the Knight, I am afraid.

Just a sneak peak of the aircraft in game. Sorry for dark pictures, I did them while testing lighting. Currently, I work on animations and sound mainly. The cargo deck is walkable but it causes issues with sling ropes (game bug). A player can chose which seat he wants take, they are numbered. Reflectors have to be reworked to be separately switchable. Side cargo hatch isn't walkable but I work on it too.  

TspRJgN.jpg

TZIGTbV.jpg

aplgGZb

aplgGZb.jpg

aplgGZb

VVA4g3n.jpg

KzjiRBA.jpg

do80HFX.jpg

• Like 10

The CH-46 is by far my favourite aircraft. So excited to see it appear in ArmA III. Thank you for sharing!

The CH-46 is by far my favourite aircraft. So excited to see it appear in ArmA III. Thank you for sharing!

You're very welcome! :) As far as lighting is concerned, I am gonna show you a footage from its tests taken yesterday. The feature includes interior lighting based on regular reflector class. I didn't notice any performacne hit but it may be the case when multiple knights were used in mission/movie. Do you like the interior lighting effect? :)

• Like 7

You're very welcome! :) As far as lighting is concerned, I am gonna show you a footage from its tests taken yesterday. The feature includes interior lighting based on regular reflector class. I didn't notice any performacne hit but it may be the case when multiple knights were used in mission/movie. Do you like the interior lighting effect? :)

That looks absolutely stunning along with that level of interior detail. Can't wait to fly or hitch a ride on one of these  :lol:

Outstanding!  Will we be able to rappel out the sling load hatch ?  And will we be able to locate a downed aircrew with a VHF-Homeing instrument?

Stunning! Much left to do before release?

Thanks for the kind words, gents! Yes, we plan to have HRST through the floor hatch. I just need to model small piece of hardware, a hook under the ceilling of cargo compartment and poss small piece of rope.

VHF-homeing may be available as soon as TFR author releases an update with such a beacon included (that I'd already requested for and have gotten acnkowledge that he'll work on such item). ACRE's beacon would also be very welcomed.

How much left? Oh, man... a lot. A LOT. I don't dare to evaluate ETA at this moment.

• Like 1

Just keep up the work!  A lot of people are in need of a great,medium sized lift helo for their units-it will be a welcomed sight in-game! Thanks for you`re work.

Four more screenies to show you small progress - cockpit dome light has been added, various lights tweaked. Lights limit per LOD has already been reached, unfortunately.

fGxtVnO.jpg

D4Dzqnv.jpg

0hBoeb4.jpg

sY0qNGm.jpg

• Like 5

I'm not sure if the Knight had this capability or not, but will you be adding IR strobe flashers to the lighting system? I know of a video that could explain my question better, but it's from another game, and I'm not wanting to offend anyone by posting it here.

The CH64E manual says that aircraft upgraded to AFC444 had such IR position lights. I couldn't find a reliable information when the modification kit was installed on the aircraft, however it seems it was only used on CH46E. The lights weren't strobe type, tho.

Yes, we plan to have such feature too.

• Like 1

Wow this is looking really great guys. Stunning work.

Agree...very nice!

In celebration of the Knight being in game, I thought  I'd share this with you all, funny as hell. 

• Like 9