Wow nice texture work there Flanders. Really love the texture detail your adding to this bird. NICE WORK !!!

Textures arent by me, thats NightIntruders work. Hes incredible at it 

• Like 4

Hat's off to you guys, developing this, the Growler and the FA/18 all at once, all of them in very high quality. Very exciting times ahead.

georgious interior, can you walk around it or will there be an invisible wall stopping you from entering like with the Huron?

georgious interior, can you walk around it or will there be an invisible wall stopping you from entering like with the Huron?

Lol. The invisible wall: it will be more useful if the collision works properly in A3 with walls or building and not invisible wall in a chopper. I'm done to take cover behind invisible structure or ai pass a wall like there is not. Hate it. Stupid broken engine XD

(Sorry for the little off-topic however)

Actually the engine is not broken, AFAIK. Maybe some addons/objects weren't be made up to A3 standards or its engine's capabilities, but the engine itself is not broken.

As listed on the first post, the walkable interior is one of the key features connected to other ones like getting in and out, choosing specific pax seat or escaping from the heli crash landed on water for instance. The feature is planned to be included in first release. It was already tested on my another project - HH53C Super Jolly Green Giant (temporarily halted as I've dropped everything when the CH46 heaved into sight).

I guess it won't be walkable while flying?

And nice to hear about your other project! (Even if I wished it was Pave Lowe instead lol)

And nice to hear about your other project! (Even if I wished it was Pave Lowe instead lol)

I cant see that going well even if you could lol

Sadly, I don't know any arma mechanism that allows for such feature and it's MP efficient in the same time.

Lol. The invisible wall: it will be more useful if the collision works properly in A3 with walls or building and not invisible wall in a chopper. I'm done to take cover behind invisible structure or ai pass a wall like there is not. Hate it. Stupid broken engine XD

(Sorry for the little off-topic however)

Im 99% sure that the invisible wall is just that the BI devs did the geo lod easy, and just made a box around the fusulage instead of just having in around it where it should be. ?

• Like 1

Im 99% sure that the invisible wall is just that the BI devs did the geo lod easy, and just made a box around the fusulage instead of just having in around it where it should be. ?

I think the same. Well, on the other side, who bothers making GeoLOD parts if there's no need for it? Getting in/out to and from vehicles are done in vanilla using mem points located outside those vehs. What walkable decks are for, then? They are for nothing in that case. It's efficient way of doing things as it saves computer's resources. I keep in mind that one cannot create fully realistic games as too complex calculations of real world physics and chemistry would literally blown any computer up. It's just a game and always one making sim game has balance between what can be attainable against what is playable.

I think the same. Well, on the other side, who bothers making GeoLOD parts if there's no need for it? Getting in/out to and from vehicles are done in vanilla using mem points located outside those vehs. What walkable decks are for, then? They are for nothing in that case. It's efficient way of doing things as it saves computer's resources. I keep in mind that one cannot create fully realistic games as too complex calculations of real world physics and chemistry would literally blown any computer up. It's just a game and always one making sim game has balance between what can be attainable against what is playable.

Yes, it add realism, thats all, while someone may find it cool to have such a feature in their helicopters, BI and many others don't. They will proably use their time on something more useful for ArmA and it's community.

Same with the new VTOL aircraftys comming to ArmA, thye will probably not have walkable interiors.

Well, I think it's cool to have it thus working on realism boosted features. I think that the realism is what many find most enjoyable in this game. 
I'm adding some more screenies to show you the cargo compartment being done in 80% so far. Next week I'n gonna start making textures for a cockpit, hopefully.

WSiCNq4.jpg

uUsT3jw.jpg

rGpxpop.jpg

• Like 8

Thank you all for the kind words and your support!

Temporarily, I've halted texturing work since waiting for h.quality interior pictures that had been promised by a friend. Hope it won't take too long! Also, I bought CH46E manual from "Mach One Manuals" and got several different papers about the aircraft (thanks to jacd) so we have more than enough data to read and implement into the addon, at the moment. In future, we will also need CH46D manual in order to properly configure other versions of it. That's all for now.

• Like 7

How many non-crew people will the helicopter be able to fit?

Also, awaiting this with baited breath.

How many non-crew people will the helicopter be able to fit?

Also, awaiting this with baited breath.

As many as it can in real life :)

• Like 1

While I am still waiting for pictures to come, I was tinkering with importing my old cockpit from A2 project for a while. Here how it looks like:

gKaWq7P.jpg

• Like 5

While I am still waiting for pictures to come, I was tinkering with importing my old cockpit from A2 project for a while. Here how it looks like:

gKaWq7P.jpg

Looks perfect!

• Like 3

the texture work on the interiors is amazing flanders. REALLY nice work. Its inspired me to retexture my S97 Raider interior. Very nice work !

• Like 2

We are happy being inspirational for you opsixdelta! So, here you are, some more inspiration: 

EQ93ECS.jpg

2GEYD3U.jpg

• Like 4

F**king awesome work guys! amazing work i am looking forward on this bird!!!!

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 1

Very nice!

Can't remember where, but I read there would be a graphics downgrade ( :( ), can you confirm it please?