There will be a wreck model included 

YES!! Thank you :) Not nearly enough wreck models in A3.

NightIntruder has added some more detail to the cargo area today! 

0BZ0IDv8XlQBwR0d7RiRnUw7AN2P-tRwGKh7Acs5

rEv3zctcyvopEP6iua26YvGBFSah2sQYNVd6CVYD

_chm6wTusIfzKc3h0V61TWunuuTpx8wNxQQyuFaa

• Like 3

Nice!

BTW, will the pilot able to control the doors and the cargo bay?

If you would add a VHF-Homer instrument ,and a Emergency Location Beacon (looks like a small ,handheld radio),we could acctually have a use of a SAR-version of this helicopter.

Maybe,add a script for a version with the use of MCC,auto-place it in a mission if beacon is used and make it fly to location.

Some people in Swedish Armed Forces Mod might like if you helped them with Splinter Cell Cammo on this,just a thought.

Is this getting incorporated into Zeus interface?  Would be very useful .

Looks Great!  Keep it up! thnx for the effort to get more hellis into Arma 3!

Btw,could you make this much more armoured-up than a average helicopter? thank you.

Sorry for being a pain in the a**.  Just some stuff I`ve been wanting for a long time:

1. Walkable ramp.Be able to walk off the helli when parachuting.
  2. Loadmaster green/red light for paradropps.
  3. Be able to switch off the cockpit light.NVG compatible instrument backlighting.
  4. A switch to toggle what ECM/Flare program,without need to remember the Flare one at-a-time/several.
  5. We need a aim-able Search Light.
  6. More fuel.X 2 around the Altis Island.
  7. Hatch with build-in parachutes for all. 
  8. Water landing?
  9. Vhf homer instrument to locate a distress becon.

Bullet proof cockpit canopy.

Just my 2 cent on this topic.Thanks

• Like 3

I see wishful thinking mode have been switched on among players! ;) I like your suggestions much and have to say this:

The addon is a big project and likely to be as real as it gets within Arma engine limitations, yet playable. There's one thing I am sure 100% about it - it's real thing and gonna have real historic features (with one small exception) unless it would hamper joy from flying or its playability / balance in game. So, no lasers or X-Rays monitor ;) Beside this, I like what you are expecting so please, keep tossing us ideas. Time will tell what's attainable and what's not.

• Like 2

Nice!

BTW, will the pilot able to control the doors and the cargo bay?

If there is no crew chief, the pilot will be able to. At least thats the plan at this time. 

Model is just about complete thanks to Night Intuder, and work will begin on the cockpit soon

shefZeHSv9_eTC1RSa9L5rww1mR9uxNvt8q92CA3

SGDwGQN2-wqVFfw1pXokeYJoq97b9uR1ujn8QiUf

Cw-S3p3yXj16AplB6ZlhAuA1jfPI8hDT1N8gopJr

MobgJyL-7HlGO-OesMoWi7xRmlv1n5YYyxGEUV_H

q8bq_zSvkD9lV9pMypuHaOaGAnsyLjd7Ukg1rW4q

Model is just about complete thanks to Night Intuder, and work will begin on the cockpit soon

No. Thanks to flanders25 who offered me buying the base model from turbosquid, I can continue working on my beloved addon. If not him there wouldn't be a chance to import my old cockpit and ideas from previous work thus months of my work could be wasted and wasn't have a possibility to learn. Thank you mate and thanks for all who offered their help!

• Like 4

If you make a proxy beneath the belly of the helli-you would be able to place a raft there-real SOF has got it.

Maybe ,it would be a smart thing to add a camera underneath it? Gun interchangeable, pinntle-mounted M-249?

"Surviable helicopter script" to make it less prone to explosion?

Walkable interior to be able to create a mass drop of paratroopers?

Camera shake? on take-off.

Be able to sabotage the heli-if the adverseries has got it,somewhere to hide it from plain sight .Hatch?

Flip-switch to be able to close the fuel-valve?

Get it into Zeus?

You`re own version of Sling Load camera system?

Best of luck to you!

If you make a proxy beneath the belly of the helli-you would be able to place a raft there-real SOF has got it.

Maybe ,it would be a smart thing to add a camera underneath it? Gun interchangeable, pinntle-mounted M-249?

"Surviable helicopter script" to make it less prone to explosion?

Walkable interior to be able to create a mass drop of paratroopers?

Camera shake? on take-off.

Be able to sabotage the heli-if the adverseries has got it,somewhere to hide it from plain sight .Hatch?

Flip-switch to be able to close the fuel-valve?

Get it into Zeus?

You`re own version of Sling Load camera system?

Best of luck to you!

We will definitely give those ideas some consideration and thought,  weve already taken a look at some of those things and are considering a few. Thanks for the ideas!

NightIntruder has worked around the clock and a lot has been done.

-Cockpit implemented  (WIP)

-Tail Gun added WIP

-Lots of other things

(Credit to BIS for M240 model)

APfSS2DQA1dlKKsaglMUT9U0hraqgirqvOmB0HVS

vljInxCVUHJUPuPsWyleIgE34dkxS2a_0Odqf32v

48b6k0jB3FEWtyoeILuOSDUa__1wZ6hRf8Had1FT

X8btEVG0BDt6QWgweaXzslei3HGyqoxKfZxvzM8X

• Like 3

Very nice. I read on Wiki that this is a medium lift helo. Are you sticking with these numbers and if so what do you expect it to be able to lift in-game?

It is not the right time to talk about it in details but in order to stop speculations I want to say that we'll try to get real values working, including xml config of AFM.  Unfortunatelly, I do not have an access to real CH-46 NATOPS / Pilot Manual and we couldn't find more reliable specification data for free than at wikipedia and other websites. It have to be enough for this purpose, I'm afraid, unless someone can donate a digital copy of the document. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

BTW, for all who love and asking for realism, there is link below my signature. Voting it may bring some more realistic helicopter behavior into Arma3. Please help me to convince BIS it's worth of implementing the ticket. I just made text larger for your convenience :)

• Like 2

Make sure the port gun has a limited arc of fire! The top window in the cockpit is tainted dark blue,the rotorblades are drooping way more than you may belive.

This helicopter is Anti-submarine Warfare in some countries-if you want to ,maybe talk to Swedish Armed forces mod :https://www.facebook.com/samstudios.se/?ref=eyJzaWQiOiIwLjI4OTgxODU5NzA2NTI1IiwicXMiOiJKVFZDSlRJeVUwRk5KVEl3VTNSMVpHbHZjeVV5TWlVMVJBIiwiZ3YiOiIyOWY0YWRiNjY3MmUzMGEwY2MwNmQwNGU0MTNiYTAxZWM4Mzg4NTJmIn0

They got a working Sonar system.

Make sure the port gun has a limited arc of fire! The top window in the cockpit is tainted dark blue,the rotorblades are drooping way more than you may belive.

This helicopter is Anti-submarine Warfare in some countries-if you want to ,maybe talk to Swedish Armed forces mod :https://www.facebook.com/samstudios.se/?ref=eyJzaWQiOiIwLjI4OTgxODU5NzA2NTI1IiwicXMiOiJKVFZDSlRJeVUwRk5KVEl3VTNSMVpHbHZjeVV5TWlVMVJBIiwiZ3YiOiIyOWY0YWRiNjY3MmUzMGEwY2MwNmQwNGU0MTNiYTAxZWM4Mzg4NTJmIn0

They got a working Sonar system.

What did you mean by "the rotorblades are drooping way more than you may belive".?    Are you saying ours are too low, or are you saying they are even lower in real life?

Blades' tips seem to be too high a little comparing to what can bee seen on the picture below. Further bending the blades down may require compounding their meshes above reasonable level. We'll check whether it's doable at all. Thanks for pointing out at it.

CH-46FInalPhrogSm.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks river! It's better than nothing, although it still does not answer the question regarding real load capabilities. I read the Knight couldn't lift max rated cargo due to degraded engines performance and that's most noticeable in hot, humid climate. That's why it usually transported 10-12 fully equipped soldiers although was capable of 25, according to the SAS. More comprehensive data would be very welcomed.