I am proud to announce that NightIntruder and I have began making the much needed CH-46 for arma 3. 

Right now, we are concentrating on the USMC version but have plans for other models of the aircraft which will be announced later. There will be two versions of the CH-46, one will be a more simple version and the other a more advanced version

The simple version is planned to include:

- Advanced Flight Model

- ramp, doors, windows animations

- working sling load and rescue hoist

- dedicated crew chief and loadmaster seats

- flight instruments animations + backlighting

- NAV lights + landing lights + formation lights

- custom sound 

- fast engine start + fuselage vibrations 

- ACE3, NIMITZ, RAV All Fuel - compatible

- walkable deck + numbered seats (player can take whichever seat they wants)

This version is meant for the casual player who just wants to get in and fly somewhere

The Advanced Version

- Advanced Flight Model based on real CH46s specifications

- rotational beacon lights, cargo light and cockpit flood lighting

- engines / APU management

- switchable VIS / IR-compliant instrument backlighting in the cockpit

- emergency lighting + windows & doors removed in case of crash 

- briefly floatable a/c for emergency regardless not being equipped with sponsons 

- custom damage system: announciator panel, FireGeo LOD, visible damage on a/c 

- custom enhanced sound + real time engines start + engines smoke effect + engines / APU management

- fuselage vibrations dependant on specific flight phase - rain effects on windscreen and windows + animated wipers

- custom crew animations: CrewChief position in port door and with working on rescue hoist, Loadmaster position on ramp, pilots animations, savior on hoist etc.

- random malfunctions, extremely rare, but yet possible

- damage/malfunction being increasing over time (script) ie. fuel leak, drive train damage, engine malfunction, ramp blocked etc.

- NAV lights switchable from STEADY to FLASH

- main rotor tips lighting

- ACRE / TFAR compatible - custom environmental radio sounds

The advanced version is for someone who wants a little more of a realistic experience

-Both the advanced and simple version will have multiple weapon configurations 

Please keep in mind that we are trying to get these features on the aircraft, and if we cant, well we cant. This is a heavy WIP and nothing here is guaranteed. 

I will try to update this often when there is work to show, please feel free to ask questions and give feedback 

U0ZOYNn.jpg

6DDChWC.jpg

c1nDNe7.jpg

LFyqbjD.jpg

LoYiaq0IxFfSPYOuJVyViSR47lLM4vexEKt_tNnc

mCW0lm9py21LFAmnFSjbr9LAND4WUZ-UoAWASrgy

r34XvUId-8FFGrUA5cBD6rSCIF2VEUtizDbrGFkY

CUn-b16NdIPo8dTe-JD0KCgyH6_kgLSt9nehaiBn

CURRENT TEAM

NightIntruder

flanders25

TeTeT (Scripting)

Alex150201 (Scripting)

handicap (Statistics and photos)

William Cordoza (Statistics and photos)

Special Thanks to:

-Bohemia Interactive for M2 model

Current Progress:

1/6/16    -Details are beginning to be added to model

1/15/16 -Exterior model is nearly complete, and the interior will be wrapped up in the next week or so if all goes as planned

1/16/16 -BIs default M2s have been added for waist gunners

1/17/16- Model is basically complete, BIS M240 added for ramp gunner, starting cockpit work

1/20/16- Started UV Mapping for texturing *MAY TAKE A FEW WEEKS OR EVEN LONGER*

1/25/16- UV Unwrap is complete. Beginning to make textures

2/15/16- Textures are completed (External and internal) 

4/1/16- Chopper is in game and making the cfgs has began! 

• Like 33

I've been waiting for one of these birds in Arma 3 ever since release.....very excited

One can never have enough helos.  Looking forward to this.

I've been waiting for one of these birds in Arma 3 ever since release.....very excited

So have I, its been a key component in my opinion thats been missing 

If anyone is good or has basic knowledge with texturing and would like to help, please shoot me or NightIntruder a message. We could really use the help!

Just another picture of the model, we are working on getting it in game and working properly, when that happens ill put some more screen shots up

r34XvUId-8FFGrUA5cBD6rSCIF2VEUtizDbrGFkY

• Like 5

Awesome bird and an outstanding model flanders!.  These things are a legend in the Marine Corps.  I talked to a Phrog Crew Chief on my first deployment who was telling me stories about how versatile these birds truly are.  Due to their tandem rotor build they were able to land them on some streets in Fallujah to CASEVAC wounded Marines in the city.  I was sad to see these things go.

So glad to see this bad boy coming to ArmA 3!

• Like 1

Yes, it is really sad, especially since Ospreys are not so reliable and were procured in exchange of CH46s. Sea Knight's reliable airframe has led to such mantra like "never trust a helicopter under 30". And, actually, as I read recently, some of them get a new life as a government aircraft flying for US Department of State.

Phrogs forever!  :)

Any interior shots?

When there is more to show off inside, expect more interior shots. Shouldnt be long. 

• Like 1

Here are some interior shots as requested, please keep in mind much more detail is being added to the models interior and exterior as I post this, this is just what we have so far. The model will be refined and a lot more details will be added so it will not be so simple.

mCW0lm9py21LFAmnFSjbr9LAND4WUZ-UoAWASrgy

• Like 6

It will have every possible ramp, in every form and shape available for free ;)

And seriously answering your question, we plan to have different versions but the most common will be that one with fully enclosed 2-part ramp that can be opened, walked around, etc. 

• Like 2

It will have every possible ramp, in every form and shape available for free ;)

And seriously answering your question, we plan to have different versions but the most common will be that one with fully enclosed 2-part ramp that can be opened, walked around, etc.

Im glad about that. Loved the 2-part ramp since CoD4's US Marine missions

• Like 1

Awesome bird and an outstanding model flanders!.  These things are a legend in the Marine Corps.  I talked to a Phrog Crew Chief on my first deployment who was telling me stories about how versatile these birds truly are.  Due to their tandem rotor build they were able to land them on some streets in Fallujah to CASEVAC wounded Marines in the city.  I was sad to see these things go.

So glad to see this bad boy coming to ArmA 3!

Didnt land on the street, but this video reminded me of what you said about medevacs. 

• Like 2

Nice, I hadn't seen the footage. Smooth and fast approach. It seems we'll have to work hard on "DragDueToAoA" Coefficient :)

• Like 1