da12thMonkey

12 Shades of Grey (aircraft retextures)

Some of you have probably already seen that I made a bunch of quick retextures for the "Standalone Series" aircraft addons made by the talented chap that is Firewill, and released them at various places on the forums in the past.

Recently Firewill updated all the aircraft with a new system that allows 3rd parties to configure retextures in a way where they are selectable from the AirWeaponSystem arming dialog for the respective aircraft. As such, I've needed to update the configs for all those projects to the latest standard.

Updating all the addons at the same time provided a good opportunity to create a centralised thread for all those various retextures I did, instead of spamming all of the individual threads with updated links and information and making a mess of them. Plus I got to do a couple of extra changes that I've been meaning to do.

So lets get down to business...

F-15 Eagle: (requires F-15 Eagle standalone)

Eagles of the Middle-East Pack: (updated 17/02/2017)

I did previously release an initial version of the Royal Saudi Arabian Air Force F-15s, and have shown off a little work on the Israeli Air Force ones. I've subsequently elected to release them both together as a pack depicting Eagles of the Middle-East.

Contains textures for:

• Israel
    • F-15C "Baz" - 133 Squadron IAF
    • F-15D "Baz" - 106 Squadron IAF
    • F-15I "Ra'am" - 69 Squadron IAF
  • Saudi Arabia
    • F-15C - 13th Squadron RSAF
    • F-15S - 55th Squadron RSAF

http://imgur.com/a/VZkVH

I owe thanks to SasiExpLosioN for spotting that I had the arabic for RSAF (القوات الجوية الملكية الـسعودية) written back-to-front - Was photoshop's fault, not mine; but it should be fixed now.

Download v1.1:
Mirror 1 - @DropBox

Mirror 2 - @Steam Workshop

Republic of Singapore Air Force F-15SG: (updated 23/02/2017)

A single retexture for the F-15E, representing the F-15SG as flown by 142 Squadron "Gryphon" and 149 Squadron "Shikra" RSAF.

http://imgur.com/a/0tLwK

Download v1.2:
Mirror 1 - @DropBox

F-16 Fighting Falcon: (requires F-16C Fighting Falcon standalone)

NATO F-16 Pack: (updated 25/06/2017)

Contains textures for:

• Belgium (F-16AM)
  • Denmark (F-16AM)
  • Netherlands (F-16AM)
    • 312 Sqn. RNLAF
    • 313 Sqn. RNLAF
    • 322 Sqn RNLAF
  • Norway (F-16AM)
  • Portugal (F-16AM)
  • Romania (F-16AM)
  • Greece
    • 340 Mira HAF (F-16C Block 52+, inc. CFT)
    • 341 Mira HAF (F-16C Block 50)
    • 343 Mira HAF (F-16C Block 52+, inc. CFT)
    • 347 Mira HAF (F-16C Block 50)
  • Turkey
    • 141 Filo TuAF (F-16C Block 50)
    • 142 Filo TuAF (F-16C Block 50)
    • 161 Filo TuAF (F-16C Block 50+, inc. CFT)
    • 181 Filo TuAF (F-16C Block 50+, inc. CFT)

Dutch, Greek and Turkish squadrons are selectable from from the arming menu on F-16s that come with or without CFTs. The default textures for each variant from the mission editor are as shown below:

http://imgur.com/a/BF6MY

Download v1.5:
Mirror 1 - @DropBox

Falcons of the Middle-East Pack: (updated 25/06/2017)

Contains textures for:

• Bahrain (F-16C)
  • Egypt
    • High-Visibility (F-16C Block 52+, inc. CFT)
    • Low-Visibility (F-16C Block 52+, inc. CFT)
    • High-Visibility (F-16C Block 40)
  • Iraq (F-16IQ)
  • Israel (F-16C "Barak")
  • Jordan (F-16AM)
  • Oman (F-16C Block 50+ w/CFT)

Unlike the Greek & Turkish F-16s I did, the CFT and non-CFT textures for the Omani and Egyptian F-16s are the same since these airforces don't have distinctive squadron markings (not worth making a different texture just to change the airframe numbers).

http://imgur.com/a/ViAy1

Downloads v1.3:
Mirror 1 - @DropBox

Fictional Stuff!

These below projects were done for fun more than anything. They're not meant to form packs or include any of the things like mod.cpp and other presentable things I added for the main addons above. These generally will not be kept up to date as much as the 'realistic' addons above.

F-14 Tomcat: (requires F-14D Tomcat Standalone)

My fictional F-14F Aéronavale and F-14K Fleet Air Arm Tomcats were updated. They depict the F-14 in foreign service throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s.

• French, Marine Nationale (Aéronavale)
    • Gull Grey and White underside. Crusaders were delivered with the same basic paint scheme as those in US Navy service, so this is reminiscent of the USN Tomcat scheme too. Carries the arms of Flottille 12F
    • All-over Gull Grey. Generally similar to the original paint scheme. Aéronavale's whole F-8E(FN) fleet was repainted without the white underside and control surfaces by mid-1979. Carries the arms of Flottille 14F
    • All-over blue-grey. Worn from 1986 onwards, until the upgraded F-8P variant was replaced by Rafale in 1999. Carries the arms of Flottille 12F again
  • British, Royal Navy (Fleet Air Arm)
    • High-vis Extra Dark Sea Grey with White underside - scheme used by the RN on various aircraft from the 60s until the early 1980s. Tail markings for 893 Naval Air Squadron
    • Low-vis Dark Sea Grey - scheme used by the RN's Sea Harrier FRS1 throughout the 1980s and early 90s. Tail markings of 899 Naval Air Squadron
    • Low-vis Medium Sea Grey - scheme used by the RN's Sea Harrier FA2 from 1993 until they retired in 2006. Tail markings for 800 Naval Air Squadron

https://imgur.com/a/BfSHl

Downloads v1.1:
F-14F Mirror 1 - @DropBox
F-14F Mirror 2 - @Armaholic
F-14F Mirror 3 - @Arma3.de

F-14K Mirror 1 - @DropBox
F-14K Mirror 2 - @Armaholic
F-14K Mirror 3 - @Arma3.de

And finally for some brand new randomness:

F-16 Fighting Falcon: (requires F-16C Fighting Falcon standalone)

I made these ages ago, but they're unreleased previously.

• German, Luftwaffe
    • JG 71 "Richtofen" - Inspired by German F-4 Phantoms and MiG-29s of the 90s
  • British, Royal Air Force
    • No.IX Squadron - Inspired by RAF Tornados and Jaguars

https://imgur.com/a/neVuW

Downloads v1.0:
Luftwaffe Mirror 1 - @DropBox
Luftwaffe Mirror 2 - @Armaholic
Luftwaffe Mirror 3 - @Arma3.de

RAF Mirror 1 - @DropBox
RAF Mirror 2 - @Armaholic
RAF Mirror 3 - @Arma3.de

Have fun with them!

Once again, huge thanks goes to Firewill for including .psd templates to make these so easy and enjoyable to create. I probably wouldn't bother otherwise!

• Like 8

Any plans for an Israeli F-16?

Any plans for an Israeli F-16?

I thought somebody already did one? But I dunno, maybe; if the mood to make the "Barak" takes me or I feel like doing a bunch of ME F-16s to compliment the F-15s.

Certainly no plans currently (I make these in my down-time when 3D modelling is draining my will to live, so nothing I do is planned as such), nor a desire to adhere to many requests :D

Ed:- Foxhound - you're a star! I can only apologise for how busy all these different updated addons are keeping you

• Like 1

just said fantastic.

i'm very happy for when i press skin button and saw the many skins in skin list!

honestly, i was little worried about "if my new skin system is not working?" but its work!

• Like 3

honestly, i was little worried about "if my new skin system is not working?" but its work!

Yep, it works great. No worries. I'm very glad you added it

Part of me was thinking about setting scope = 1; on all my classes to minimise the clutter in the editor, and just rely on the skin system for when people wanted to use the retextures. But I guess there's some benefit to having them accessible from the editor to have things like a proper displayname.

• Like 1

I thought somebody already did one? But I dunno, maybe; if the mood to make the "Barak" takes me or I feel like doing a bunch of ME F-16s to compliment the F-15s.

Certainly no plans currently (I make these in my down-time when 3D modelling is draining my will to live, so nothing I do is planned as such), nor a desire to adhere to many requests :D

Ed:- Foxhound - you're a star! I can only apologise for how busy all these different updated addons are keeping you

Yah someone already made one but the texture pack requires that F-15 that you no longer can download of Armaholic 

NATO F-16s Pack isn't even complete - lack of Polish version which you can find in original Firewill's F-16C Fighting Falcon Pack your work is based on. I think Polish version from this pack is the only one you "forgot" to retexture. Let me guess - you don't like Poland & Poles?..

NATO F-16s Pack isn't even complete - lack of Polish version which you can find in original Firewill's F-16C Fighting Falcon Pack your work is based on. I think Polish version from this pack is the only one you "forgot" to retexture. Let me guess - you don't like Poland & Poles?..

i think there is no reason of make the another polish version in NATO F-16, because already exist in F-16C Standalone.

Let me guess - you don't like Poland & Poles?..

Yeah... that's totally it! I like all people from Norway down to Saudi Arabia enough to paint some grey splotches in photoshop, but for some reason Poland has drawn my ire. :rolleyes: (please be smart enough to realise when I'm joking!)

Notice I didn't make any USAF textures either? They're in NATO right? Reason is, as the man himself said: they're already in the base addon so I didn't feel the need to repeat.

Poland and the US have their flags on the little logo I made for the NATO mod - so I can prove I am not ignorant of them being in NATO. Hell I think I even put Romania on there even though they haven't got their (ex-Portuguese) F-16AMs yet, so I haven't actually made a texture for them (I probably will when I see a real Romanian F-16, not a photoshop mockup from LM's marketing department).

I'd probably have done some Italian ones too if pinaz93 hadn't already made an extremely comprehensive pack that included many Italian squadrons. Even though Italy's F-16s are retired.

Ed:- But if I do some fictional pain-jobs for the F-15 Eagle, Poland will now be at the top of the list! :D

• Like 1

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Yah someone already made one but the texture pack requires that F-15 that you no longer can download of Armaholic 

Okay, I did an Israeli on in the end along with some other Middle-Eastern F-16s (I know some of these countries were already done by other people, but didn't fancy just having the Israeli one alone).

Falcons of the Middle-East Pack:

Contains textures for:

•     Bahrain (F-16C)
  •     Egypt (F-16C inc. Block 52+ w/CFT)
  •     Iraq (F-16IQ)
  •     Israel (F-16C "Barak")
  •     Jordan (F-16AM)
  •     Oman (F-16C inc. Block 50+ w/CFT)

Unlike the Greek & Turkish F-16s I did, the CFT and non-CFT textures for the Omani and Egyptian F-16s are the same since these airforces don't have distinctive squadron markings (not worth making a different texture just to change the airframe numbers).

No texture for the UAE - I felt their F-16E Block 60s were too different from the F-16C base model because of the IRST, remodelled radome for AESA and reshaped fin-root.

http://imgur.com/a/ViAy1

Downloads v1.0:

Mirror 1 - @DropBox

Mirrors will be added to the appropriate section of the first post

• Like 2

Thank you man, much appreciated for the Israeli camo 

Hi
Iranian Tomcats are most famous F-14s around the world and they are still using them.

It's good that you didn't make an IRIAF skin for Firewill's F-14.

I know it's not the Middle East, but would you consider doing a Singaporean F-15SG (F-15E) skin? They've got some beautiful paint schemes on their aircraft plus it would fully round out the whole F-15 operator list.