cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage - A Mission

Love this mod to death, but I'm having a problem with releasing the rescued NATO soldiers/civilians. I have killed the 'scary people'/bandits in their area, but I cannot release them. There's nothing in the radio for this, no red text "its safe..." like my first playthrough (this is my 3rd try). The other mission options seem to work: found a laptop, skin, notes, graves, recruited survivors. Mission points are attributed for each bandit killed.

Anyone else have this issue? I've searched for mention of this issue and couldn't find it.

15 hours ago, grrl267 said:

Anyone else have this issue? I've searched for mention of this issue and couldn't find it.

Yes, matter of fact. Played it just yesterday, cleared the area, ran up to the character, but does not join group.

I completed the mission with 2440 score. Couldn't release civvies or soldiers, I think I found 6 or 7, so no extra points for their successful escape. I did notice mention of this bug(s) in the release notes "known issues" section for A Mission. Maybe the next Ravage update will help. 

I will say that most of my reverts were from save/reload to fix the wandering/drifting reticle, character pointing slowly up or into the ground issues. I've had these issues occur before in a scenario but never this frequently.  I played the no fog version, if it matters, with CUP and CBA mods installed.

Really, really enjoyed this scenario, thank you Cosmic10R!

Sorry guys. Been away for awhile. The aiming drift was mentioned in the main ravage thread a while back and Haleks is aware of it. Apparently it's an old issue. 

As for the civvies... I can look into it at some point but honestly I'm a little leary of going too far under the hood on this mission. 

There are a lot of connections and I can see myself screwing something up but the mission was made so many ravage versions ago it really does need an update...

I'll try to make a list of fixes and see what I can do. I've been away for awhile though so it could take awhile to fix the issues as well as fix what I subsequently screw up.

Good to hear you enjoyed the mission and even finished it. I'll get the completed with score post updated :)

• Like 3

Would it be possible to somehow play this mod in coop?

Just adding characters and making them "playable" doesn't work.

Sadly it would involve a complete rewrite because MP locality was not taken into account at all in the making of this mission...

I'm scared to even update it for fear I break something... but i will likely try to bring it up to newest ravage standards over the winter and add the body markers etc

Very keen to play this but also do not fancy walking across Altis for several days with 50m visibility. I see there is a no-fog version, but it hasn't got runners, which is a real downer.

So is there a way to make it run without the fog but still have runners?

Rob

(also... I saw where people wanted body markers.. I'd definitely say no to that. Finding the bodies by memory and sight is far mroe realistic than having markers)

@ROBAXX

Ill look into updating this mission with the next version of ravage due out soon. There are some exciting changes coming and ill throw together a no fog version with runners.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any progress on the updates for 1.47 being out? And I swear that I saw a list somewhere earlier this year of a few of your mission on different maps. Was that on the Ravage page itself? Thanks! Want to play them again once 1.47 is implemented!

3 minutes ago, SnakesBlood said:

Any progress on the updates for 1.47 being out? And I swear that I saw a list somewhere earlier this year of a few of your mission on different maps. Was that on the Ravage page itself? Thanks! Want to play them again once 1.47 is implemented!

Im getting distracted in the main thread of Ravage lol..

I have done an escape Malden and escape Cherno Redux and will release those shortly.

Will get this updated as well. Im pretty sure I can just update the modules and repack it.

One idea i had that i tested but didnt implement yet is having a flock of crows ... just 2-4 flying around dead bodies... like above them... so you still have to search but the crows give you a vicinity

For some reason JTD flies isnt working but that was always good... see increasing amounts of flies over dead bodies... 

those ideas wont be added in the update... but possibly in another after if the crows work and don't make it look stupid...

• Like 3

On 31/01/2018 at 1:50 AM, Tyl3r99 said:

any chance this could be uploaded to steam workshop?

You know its quite simple to download and drop the .pbo in the missions folder. :f:

• Like 3

On 1/5/2018 at 7:36 AM, cosmic10r said:

I updated the modules and did a no fog with runners version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nh4rnqxn1blwb9b/Ravage[SP}Missions.zip?dl=0

See how it goes

Cheers all

Thanks for this Cosmic, I've been looking forward to playing this!. Can you please let me know which Ravage this needs, or if you're updating it sometime soon, I could wait for that?

Thanks heaps
Rob

I've started it with Ravage 1.5.2 and it seems to be working. 

I looked long and hard for the 'sack' that I'm supposed to find at the insert point but couldn't find it so I just moved on.

I'll carry on.

First off, cosmic10r, fantastic job!!!

I had only played the 'demo' version of Ravage beforehand and 'A Mission' is an excellent mission based off that.

Before I talk about issues, Arma, CBA, and Ravage are all updated through Steam.

I used the no fog with walkers version downloaded on page 4.

Used no other mods.

I also have no idea if these issues are caused by Arma, Ravage, and/or A Mission itself.

In no particular order...

1) the no fog version worked great on day 1, so-so on day 2 and reverted back to the fog version by day 3 and beyond.

2) lots of guns found in all the various 'stashes', but no ammo included.

Not a big deal, until I realized that there were no mags/clips ever found unless in bandit camps (faction specific stuff and of course, on corpses).

Seems strange to find these 'better' guns about, but no ammo to use them?

On a side note, I did find around 431 pairs of binoculars, however!!!

3) no attachments ever found, except for flashlights.

The end game enemies did have extra attachments, but not needed by that point.

3) the heli crash sites all had empty 'drops'.

I only searched 3 or 4 total, they each had 2 containers dropped around the site, but nothing inside.

The vehicle ammo drops did work.

4) about half way through the 6+ day mission,  I realized that the zombies were harmless.

They would attack once (did no damage) and then hibernate for the lack of a better term.

5) I couldn't repair vehicles or take stuff off of them.

Never an option of the mouse wheel despite having what I needed and double clicking didn't work, either.

Had to rely on my AI teammate to repair.

6) couldn't refuel my vehicle.

Again, never an option.

I could siphon gas from other vehicles or the pumps, however.

7) two of the photos lead to the same South-Eastern bandit camp.

I took what I needed and 'destroyed' it once, didn't go back the second time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, this is a great mission despite those small problems.

This world feels very alive.

I appreciate you (and haleks) sharing your creation with us!!!

I completed it.

Took around 22 hours.

2 of the laptops were lucky discoveries, the 3rd took forever to find.

Saved 3 fellow soldiers and 3 or 4 civilians. Discovered 2 army graves and 5 or 6 civi graves.

Found 3 photos that led to bandit camps, a record or 2 each for the human skin info and O'Neil's info.

2 of my AI teammates KIA

Various medals.

Score in the low 3000s.

I reverted around 30 times...friendly fire was number one killer of myself and especially teammate AI.

Would love another mission to get O'Neil himself!?!?

• Like 1