cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage - A Mission

Move the folder so you can see it in the editor.. you have to edit the module from eden

So what you are saying is that two completely identical pbo files will by some magic give two different missions once in the editor? OK, they call it "Eden", but come on ;).

Is there a way to play without any companion AI?  I'd like to try this solo and be more sneaky

Updated to RC02

i forgot the runners version in this one... has regular and no fog versions..

only changelog is updated to newest modules and module settings...

vRC02

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu9ddpev3cstei2/RavageAMissionvRC02.zip?dl=0

edit- i may look at marking bodies at some point...

Nice. I've started the vRC02 from the drop box, NoFog version. I am not sure what you mean by "i forgot the runners version in this one... has regular and no fog versions.." though: did you add or remove runners in this RC02?

The Esc>Options menu does not open, so no way to add/remove grass and so on.

Also, a Team Switch option will do wonders, it's a huge PITA to manage a teammate's inventory without it.

I figured it's quite easy to add the Team Switch feature. Two things:

1. In init.sqf add a "enableTeamSwitch true;" somewhere, like after the "sleep 10;" for instance. The biki says it is ON by default but it is wrong. Without this line the hotkey won't work.

2. On the main screen of the Editor, double-click on each of the teammates and check the "Playable" option.

This way all the team mates will be switchable to.There are probably more units to make switchable to, but I don't know which are supposed to even be recruitable in the mission, and I've managed to see too many spoilers as it is :).

--

I started a new playthrough and again, I seem to be spending more time trying to find the bodies of the bandits that my team mates have killed than anything else. I have half a mind to let them die so I kill everyone myself so I know in which direction their bodies will be.

I checked how to implement the marking of bodies on the map. Looks pretty straightforward, in that I have to add a "killed" event handler on every createUnit. I suppose that the bandits that are attacking me in the wilderness are spawned by the Ravage mod itself and it cannot be done without modifying the mod?

--

The Options menu item does not work, with no mods but CBA and Ravage. This is well beyond my scripting knowledge.

I figured it's quite easy to add the Team Switch feature. Two things:

1. In init.sqf add a "enableTeamSwitch true;" somewhere, like after the "sleep 10;" for instance. The biki says it is ON by default but it is wrong. Without this line the hotkey won't work.

2. On the main screen of the Editor, double-click on each of the teammates and check the "Playable" option.

This way all the team mates will be switchable to.There are probably more units to make switchable to, but I don't know which are supposed to even be recruitable in the mission, and I've managed to see too many spoilers as it is :).

--

I started a new playthrough and again, I seem to be spending more time trying to find the bodies of the bandits that my team mates have killed than anything else. I have half a mind to let them die so I kill everyone myself so I know in which direction their bodies will be.

I checked how to implement the marking of bodies on the map. Looks pretty straightforward, in that I have to add a "killed" event handler on every createUnit. I suppose that the bandits that are attacking me in the wilderness are spawned by the Ravage mod itself and it cannot be done without modifying the mod?

--

The Options menu item does not work, with no mods but CBA and Ravage. This is well beyond my scripting knowledge.

I'll have a look at marking bodies for the  next update...

I'm not sure about the playable thing so I can have a look at that as well. That may be later

Have you tried 6 with a teammate selected... this gives some limited access to the AIs inventory...

when you say options menu doesnt work... do you mean when you hit escape and click on options it wont open?

Ive been working on escape MP again testing the backpacks for respawn points... works great so far

I'll have a look at marking bodies for the  next update...

I'm not sure about the playable thing so I can have a look at that as well. That may be later

Have you tried 6 with a teammate selected... this gives some limited access to the AIs inventory...

when you say options menu doesnt work... do you mean when you hit escape and click on options it wont open?

Ive been working on escape MP again testing the backpacks for respawn points... works great so far

I'm playing RC02 SP.

The things I've said about Team switch are not theoretical, I've put them inside this mission, re-PBOed it and it is working fine. I know of many ways to change the inventor of teammates, but it is a hassle without proper team switch.

Yes, "Options menu" = Esc>Options, where you change graphics settings, etc. I click on it and nothing happens, the submenu with Graphics, Audio, Controls, etc. does not open. With no mods except the required ones.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I think I have found an exploit :). I started with 3 teammates one of whom is a repairman. We come across a small truck with only one wheel on. If I remember my Ravage manual properly, I should roam the lands in search of a toolbox and 3 wheels then come back. Or, if I have a repairman in my team with his trusty stock Arma3 toolbox, I can give him the vanilla Arma3 order to repair the vehicle, and voilà, 3 wheels spawn out of nowhere and the truck is fixed :). If I try to scavenge it though, Ravage remembers that it only has one wheel.

Yes, "Options menu" = Esc>Options, where you change graphics settings, etc. I click on it and nothing happens, the submenu with Graphics, Audio, Controls, etc. does not open. With no mods except the required ones.

The options menu tends to become unresponsive when a lot of scripts are being processed. It can happen with vanilla content as well, it's something BIS would need to adress.

Loving this mission Cosmic, the Altruistic side of rescuing people is very appealing! Being a Sheepdog rather than a mass killer is a nice change of pace lol!A question, when I rescue a Civy I want to give them a gun and maybe what ever kit I can spare ( may be for bonus points?) to help them out, anyway, can you think of a way to do this? I cant access their inventory to give them stuff, so if this could changed or you tell me how to do so it would propel this mission into complete awesomeness. Also when in the rescue missions how many bad guys are supposed to be in the immediate AO? When ever I rescue them there are rarely any bad guys in the AO...That being said the fact that they are hiding out seems to fit quite realistically with a group of bandits being right on them..thoughts?

One of my favorite Ravage missions. Great job Cosmic.

One question, I have not come across any wrecked vehicles that are repairable, and I have traveled through many towns. Is this by design or is there a problem on my end?

On Monday, December 05, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Husker-71 said:

Loving this mission Cosmic, the Altruistic side of rescuing people is very appealing! Being a Sheepdog rather than a mass killer is a nice change of pace lol!A question, when I rescue a Civy I want to give them a gun and maybe what ever kit I can spare ( may be for bonus points?) to help them out, anyway, can you think of a way to do this? I cant access their inventory to give them stuff, so if this could changed or you tell me how to do so it would propel this mission into complete awesomeness. Also when in the rescue missions how many bad guys are supposed to be in the immediate AO? When ever I rescue them there are rarely any bad guys in the AO...That being said the fact that they are hiding out seems to fit quite realistically with a group of bandits being right on them..thoughts?

Sorry for the late reply guys. Been on hiatus for awhile.

The civvies are designed to run away. You can't recruit them or access their inventory although that would be a nice mechanic. 

There should be a relatively small number of bandits patrolling the AI around the city.  

Either they aren't spawning right or some other bandits tool them out lol

12 hours ago, bbotironman2@yahoo.com said:

One of my favorite Ravage missions. Great job Cosmic.

One question, I have not come across any wrecked vehicles that are repairable, and I have traveled through many towns. Is this by design or is there a problem on my end?

Hmmm that is odd. I did want some vehicles to be repairable. You have the latest ravage I assume. I think the wrecks spawned with the module are supposed to be repairable. Maybe not.  I'll have to check with Haleks. 

5 hours ago, teoleo said:

sorry, i don't see the link for download

It's in post 2 in this thread and it should be on armaholic too altho I don't think armaholic has latest version. 

Cheers guys. Have a great holiday season!

Hello, really like the idea that you have objectives. Makes the mission so much worth my time instead of running around aimlessly.

Slight issue:

After some time, the player starts to lean down as if extremely exhausted or will bend up, aiming the weapon into the sky.
If I go into Prone position, player will stick his head into the ground like an ostrich.

MODS:
CBA
Ravage
Zombies and Demons.

Healthy
Health 115

Nutrition 92

Dehydration 91

Lastly,
" edit- i may look at marking bodies at some point... "

Would be great if you could incorporate this feature for loot purposes.

Hey Mordacai. I'm having the same issue as you with the player leaning over or aiming completely off. I've found that when it occurs I save then load the save and its fixed. Still its very annoying especially during a long play through. I must have encountered the glitch about 40 - 50 times when I last played the 28 Years Later mission and its occurring with all Ravage missions I've played in the last couple of months at least.

1 minute ago, cmw71 said:

Hey Mordacai. I'm having the same issue as you with the player leaning over or aiming completely off. I've found that when it occurs I save then load the save and its fixed. Still its very annoying especially during a long play through. I must of encountered the glitch about 40 - 50 times when I last played the 28 Years Later mission and its occurring with all Ravage missions I've played in the last couple of months at least.

Thanks for your input.

I've tried to save as you said and load, but it will soon start again, so I'll wait until the mod developer does something about it before continuing.

Thanks!

Guys, a lot of the issues your reporting regarding off center aiming/leaning etc. will be fixed in the forthcoming Ravage update.....hold tight for now. :f: 

• Like 1

Any one know how to set the weather to random? and if it makes any difference i have downloaded the file with fog and with runners

On 2/4/2017 at 5:15 AM, Evil Organ said:

Guys, a lot of the issues your reporting regarding off center aiming/leaning etc. will be fixed in the forthcoming Ravage update.....hold tight for now. :f: 

Not sure if there is a correlation or if im just getting lucky this play through , but i used to get this off center leaning alot aswell but since i started using "Enhanced Movement" mod it hasn't happened! Plus there is really no downside to being able to actually climb shit like a real soldier.  

I created a small camp for me and my team members in a metal warehouse and im wondering if placing these objects with MCC zues is gonna affect fps?

Spent my first night in this little shack, boarded up the window and doors expecting to be targeted in the night by zombies , and was quit dissapointed not to have been. Infact i didn't see any zombies , did routine scouting about the camp site. Only time ive ever seen zombies is when i first landed , maybe about 15. Really expected some sort of danger in the night.  Can anyone help?GF4n8Ee.jpg

2 hours ago, Stevetibb95 said:

Spent my first night in this little shack, boarded up the window and doors expecting to be targeted in the night by zombies , and was quit dissapointed not to have been. Infact i didn't see any zombies , did routine scouting about the camp site. Only time ive ever seen zombies is when i first landed , maybe about 15. Really expected some sort of danger in the night.  Can anyone help

You should be happy you had a good nights sleep!!

Question:

You are no longer getting Leaning Over Body thing since using Enhanced Movement?

What the heck could be causing this?
I thought the latest RAVAGE update would have fixed it.

Seems only to be happening with this mission.
Hmm, hope Cosmic will get back in here and chk things out...........

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mordacai said:

You should be happy you had a good nights sleep!!

Question:

You are no longer getting Leaning Over Body thing since using Enhanced Movement?

What the heck could be causing this?
I thought the latest RAVAGE update would have fixed it.

Seems only to be happening with this mission.
Hmm, hope Cosmic will get back in here and chk things out...........

Yea even when i was playing Tanoa, which is the majority of my time spent in Ravage...i had noticed i didn't get that glitch with the leaning over body since i started using Enhanced Movement mod.

As far as what might be causing it , i likely dont have the knowledge to answer that as im a noob modder , but id guess maybe ravage has an animation for being idle that could be bugged or someshit. 

I had been getting that leaning over glitch ever since i started playing regular Ravage sample mission. So far has never happened to me in " Ravage- A Mission" and im not exactly raving about the idea of disabling my enhanced movement mod to test if its actually a solution, i just had noticed the trend once the mod was installed. 

I have some questions for you aswell.

When u say " i should be happy for a good nights sleep " do u mean that the zombie spawning system is set to not be creating a few or possibly a horde during some nights?

Did you spend some nights with zombies attacking you? on the Fog and runner zombies file ? 

DId you spend some nights no zombies?

are the spawn densities varied between location on Altis?

are cities more populated?

are the rural areas spawning zombies atall?

!!!!HELP US COSMIC YOUR OUR ONLY HOPE !!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 10:49 AM, Stevetibb95 said:

Yea even when i was playing Tanoa, which is the majority of my time spent in Ravage...i had noticed i didn't get that glitch with the leaning over body since i started using Enhanced Movement mod.

As far as what might be causing it , i likely dont have the knowledge to answer that as im a noob modder , but id guess maybe ravage has an animation for being idle that could be bugged or someshit. 

I had been getting that leaning over glitch ever since i started playing regular Ravage sample mission. So far has never happened to me in " Ravage- A Mission" and im not exactly raving about the idea of disabling my enhanced movement mod to test if its actually a solution, i just had noticed the trend once the mod was installed. 

I have some questions for you aswell.

When u say " i should be happy for a good nights sleep " do u mean that the zombie spawning system is set to not be creating a few or possibly a horde during some nights?

Did you spend some nights with zombies attacking you? on the Fog and runner zombies file ? 

DId you spend some nights no zombies?

are the spawn densities varied between location on Altis?

are cities more populated?

are the rural areas spawning zombies atall?

!!!!HELP US COSMIC YOUR OUR ONLY HOPE !!!!!

I've not noticed the leaning over glitch, playing only Cosmics mission at the moment.

But what I have noticed is that once a clear an area of Zombies, they respawn, in hordes, right in front of your face.
So this really takes the fun out of it for me.
My opinion, leave out respawn. Once an area is cleared, it should stay cleared.

If using respawn, timers need to be delayed longer.

"When u say " i should be happy for a good nights sleep " do u mean that the zombie spawning system is set to not be creating a few or possibly a horde during some nights?"
That was a joke. I meant your character in the game. He is sleeping soundly because no zombie attacks............lol

Have not had chance to sleep yet.
May wait long time before I jump back into the mission.
Cosmic needs to go in a do some updating.
Hope he considers it...

• Like 1