cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage - A Mission

Wow this is great great great mission for ravage, like it very much.

Hey if you dont mind, what do you think about this scenario?

If bandits have camps, what if survivors also have safe camps? Where they can re-group to assist each other in difficult time. Normally people in group may have bigger chance to survive.

When player get civilian or soldier save mission, player can bring the saved civilian to the safe camp and they can stay there, available to be recruited as member as well. There can also safe camp related mission, to gather supplies, foods or waters from nearby town, warehouse or factory.

Also this survivor safe camp can be attacked by bandits or by horde of zeds (because they can smell them), so player radio-ed for help to defend the camp.

And thanks a lot for this mission, enjoy it very much. :D

They are focusing on the MP version now. The building content was discussed before and I think it is on the road map of RAVAGE development. HAHA

I am also a supper fun of this mission. I also edit the start gear to act as a special force soldier rather than a officer with a gun. :D However, I did not find all the intel until now.....

• Like 2

thanks for the kind words guys. I do really appreciate it. 

I like your ideas and there are some very cool things coming for Ravage so don't be surprised if you see some of this stuff in the future 

:)

• Like 2

Another great mission, for this great mod. Love it. Just one thing, my ai buddies remained on the chopper when I got out. The only option to order them was, move to, stop and hold fire. They cut up a few zeds then flew to the edge of the map. I could still see the rectile in the distance

ooops, i'm such a noob, sorted now :lol:

Hi.

I am enjoying this mission a lot so far.

Questions:

1. Yesterday, shortly after I started, the kill statistics on the map screen were showing that I had killed a few zeds and some raiders. This morning this screen is empty, killed a few more zeds and raiders and it is still empty. The Team window is empty as well, only showing ":", and I still have the one team mate I started with. "Tasks" is empty, only "Briefing" is showing "Find Dr. O'Neil's laptops". Is my game corrupted now?

2. The scenario description in the first post says "randomized insertion point" and "0-3 teammates". I must have restarted the scenario 5 times for various reasons until I settled on the version with no fog (thank god it also features slow zombies :) ), each time I was inserted in the SW near Athanos, and each time I had 1 teammate, the combat life saver. So the randomization seems to have been commented out I suppose?

3. Is there a point in adding RHS to a game in progress, or is loot generated at the beginning and I won't be seeing any of it until I restart?

4. Is corpse despawn completely managed by the Ravage mod or do you control some of it?

Edit: the so-called "No Fog" version still has way too much of it, fog, haze, semantics. I keep getting shot at by guys I don't see from 200+ meters away, and my teammate also shoots guys I don't see. If only there was this feature as in Pilgrimage, where the map marks the kills my team makes by a gray "+" sign, as if I could ask "hey, where was the guy you shot?", this wouldn't be half as bad, but I still rather not have this haze at all. I have no fps issues in any other scenario that doesn't use haze.

First, I really enjoy the story of this mission. It adds a level of depth that I appreciate, and is one of the inspiring factors in a story that I would like to translate, at some point, to Arma. However....

I seem to be having trouble as well with this mission since Haleks updated Ravage for the Arma hotfix to 1.60. He added some new features and corrected many issues with how his mod 'shook hands' with Arma. Now, however, this mission appears to have issues 'shaking hands' with Ravage. I tried to restart this mission and it seems to work except for one thing, no zombies. I tried editing the scenario to remove and re-attach the Ravage modules, as I knew they had changed, but when I went to export the mission with the editor, I got an access denied type of error. Any ideas on what I might try next?

it seems to work except for one thing, no zombies.

I concur. Two days ago I started a playthrough with Ravage 0.1.35, restarted a few times, and every time there were a lot of zombies at the LZ. Now I restarted with 0.1.36 and there are none.

Hi.

I am enjoying this mission a lot so far.

Questions:

1. Yesterday, shortly after I started, the kill statistics on the map screen were showing that I had killed a few zeds and some raiders. This morning this screen is empty, killed a few more zeds and raiders and it is still empty. The Team window is empty as well, only showing ":", and I still have the one team mate I started with. "Tasks" is empty, only "Briefing" is showing "Find Dr. O'Neil's laptops". Is my game corrupted now?

2. The scenario description in the first post says "randomized insertion point" and "0-3 teammates". I must have restarted the scenario 5 times for various reasons until I settled on the version with no fog (thank god it also features slow zombies :) ), each time I was inserted in the SW near Athanos, and each time I had 1 teammate, the combat life saver. So the randomization seems to have been commented out I suppose?

3. Is there a point in adding RHS to a game in progress, or is loot generated at the beginning and I won't be seeing any of it until I restart?

4. Is corpse despawn completely managed by the Ravage mod or do you control some of it?

Edit: the so-called "No Fog" version still has way too much of it, fog, haze, semantics. I keep getting shot at by guys I don't see from 200+ meters away, and my teammate also shoots guys I don't see. If only there was this feature as in Pilgrimage, where the map marks the kills my team makes by a gray "+" sign, as if I could ask "hey, where was the guy you shot?", this wouldn't be half as bad, but I still rather not have this haze at all. I have no fps issues in any other scenario that doesn't use haze.

1 - i believe this is a BI issue with 1.60, Did you load a save and that info was missing in the map screen?

2- Thats Odd. Ill double check the random insert.

3- I think you could  add RHS and it would likely affect newly spawned units as I believe that is done fairly dynamically as mission is running...

4-Ravage completely handles cleanup unless a BI function is working in the background....

Ill double check the no fog version but it was disabled...

First, I really enjoy the story of this mission. It adds a level of depth that I appreciate, and is one of the inspiring factors in a story that I would like to translate, at some point, to Arma. However....

I seem to be having trouble as well with this mission since Haleks updated Ravage for the Arma hotfix to 1.60. He added some new features and corrected many issues with how his mod 'shook hands' with Arma. Now, however, this mission appears to have issues 'shaking hands' with Ravage. I tried to restart this mission and it seems to work except for one thing, no zombies. I tried editing the scenario to remove and re-attach the Ravage modules, as I knew they had changed, but when I went to export the mission with the editor, I got an access denied type of error. Any ideas on what I might try next?

There is definately an issue with restarting missions since 1.60... will have a test and see if we can get it all working again...

I concur. Two days ago I started a playthrough with Ravage 0.1.35, restarted a few times, and every time there were a lot of zombies at the LZ. Now I restarted with 0.1.36 and there are none.

Is this only on loading a save??

Is this only on loading a save??

No, a restart. My previous restarts above were with CBA 2.3.1 and Ravage 0.1.35. Today I restarted twice with CBA 2.40 and 0.1.36.

1. The LZ RNG seems OK, I have started with two teammates now and at different locations. I was probably unlucky in the previous attempts.

2. I don't seem to have a haze now, it probably was some stock Arma3 weather conditions.

3. There are no Zeds at the LZ and as far as the eye can see. Maybe if I take the time to trek to a city I might find some, but this ma take a lot of time, no map and whatnot.

BTW, how about you give each toon a backpack from the start?

4-Ravage completely handles cleanup unless a BI function is working in the background....

If you totally cannot control the corpse despawn delay, maybe you can do what is done in Pilgrimage, put a small grey "+" sign at each corpse that our team kills? Way too often for it to be enjoyable I am confronted with the following occurrence. Human NPCs are a very precious commodity for all the loot that they bring. I am busy doing something when a teammate says "enemy 200m left" and before I could spot it - "He's down". OK now, where is he? Then a few moments later "Enemy 200m right", bang bang "Scratch one". I go look for the first one, I am happy if I manage to find his corpse, but even then the other one will have despawned before I could even get close. The despawn times are way too short, very very frustrating. I do not think that putting a "+" on corpses can be considered as cheating. It is me asking my teammate "Lead me to the guy you shot"?

3. There are no Zeds at the LZ and as far as the eye can see. Maybe if I take the time to trek to a city I might find some, but this ma take a lot of time, no map and whatnot.

And no zeds as far as binoculars can see either. This does not seem to be a Ravage 0.1.36 issue, since I restarted its sample mission three times and there were zombies within a few hundred meters of the truck wreck at the mission start.

And no zeds as far as binoculars can see either. This does not seem to be a Ravage 0.1.36 issue, since I restarted its sample mission three times and there were zombies within a few hundred meters of the truck wreck at the mission start.

I tested it and there is an issue  with the Horde module that Haleks is aware of but I saw zombies within 90 seconds of starting the mission and touching down...

Im running 70+ mods as well

No, a restart. My previous restarts above were with CBA 2.3.1 and Ravage 0.1.35. Today I restarted twice with CBA 2.40 and 0.1.36.

1. The LZ RNG seems OK, I have started with two teammates now and at different locations. I was probably unlucky in the previous attempts.

2. I don't seem to have a haze now, it probably was some stock Arma3 weather conditions.

BTW, how about you give each toon a backpack from the start?

Hello. I found the solution of "tasks missing" and "team information missing (just have a ';')" after you load the save games to continue single player scenarios. Please cancel the "skip intro" in launcher and remove the "-world=empty" in property. I believe BI has linked something together. If you use these parameters, game will not load the "world" as well as the "task information" at the beginning. So you can not see anything in the "task".  I already report this problem to "trouble shooting " and gave out the solution at there. However, BI did not think this "issue" is a problem so they did not fix it in the 1.60......... 

Please cancel the "skip intro" in launcher and remove the "-world=empty" in property. I believe BI has linked something together.

Hi. I am not using the "-world=empty" parameter, or any other parameter that is not a checkbox in the Parameters>Basic tab of the new launcher. Yet just to make sure I removed the "Skip Intro" checkmark, resumed mission 3 of the Pirog campaign, and of course the Team window is still empty and the game will crash if I do a manual Load.

I already report this problem to "trouble shooting " and gave out the solution at there. However, BI did not think this "issue" is a problem so they did not fix it in the 1.60......... 

They seem to have "worked" on it though, since now it happens without the -world parameter. And why would they worry anyway, they have our money already. Except I'm not buying an expansion for a game that I cannot load.

• Like 1

Sorry for the bother, but I would like to once again ask if it will be possible to mark with a "+" sign the bodies of the human NPCs that our team kills? Like Pilgrimage does, at the bottom right corner?

aaa.jpg

It is very irritating to have a teammate kill someone before you even see him, even before you figured out the direction, and then have to run around like a madman trying to beat Ravage's despawn timer to the corpse and its precious cargo. They are the only reliable source of ammo. I am currently more stressed by the potential of not finding the corpse than I am of being sniped.

Hi. I am not using the "-world=empty" parameter, or any other parameter that is not a checkbox in the Parameters>Basic tab of the new launcher. Yet just to make sure I removed the "Skip Intro" checkmark, resumed mission 3 of the Pirog campaign, and of course the Team window is still empty and the game will crash if I do a manual Load.

They seem to have "worked" on it though, since now it happens without the -world parameter. And why would they worry anyway, they have our money already. Except I'm not buying an expansion for a game that I cannot load.

I found this problem in Hunter-six mission (This is a really nice mission, dont understand why it is not win the "Make Arma Not war"): 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310594159

We also discussed this issue in the "Popular Discussion". Some of new comments are also related to this issue. Maybe you can find solution at there. 

• Like 1

We also discussed this issue in the "Popular Discussion". Some of new comments are also related to this issue. Maybe you can find solution at there. 

Reports of people saying that deactivating "Skip Intro" helped them made me try again, there must be a reason why disabling that on the scenarios does not work. Apparently, one has to actually start the scenario without "Skip Intro" for Resuming after leaving the game to work. Good job WilliamBug, and "booh booh shame!" to BIS.

I am not sure this is the only issue with save games though. I have some saves that give me an Access Violation with some missions. The one I remember is Bardosy's Pirog that I played yesterday, I don't remember the others. I Exit&Save then Resume, and the game loads the continue.Arma3Save without a problem and I can play (and the Team window stays OK with Skip Intro at false). So the mods and the mission are OK since the game can load its own save at least once without crashing. But once this is done, a Load of a previous manual save (made 1 sec before the Save&Exit) crashes Arma3 with an Access Violation. As if loading the continue.Arma3Save broke some structures or something.

• Like 1

Hi, cosmic10r I would like to report some issues in this mission when it update to 1.60 with 0.1.36 Ravage.

1. Can not see the sign of the rescue mission on the map any more.

2. Ravage 0.1.36 has changed equipment and weapons pool for loot. So, the loot system in this scenario only includes the vanilla things. Can not loot CUP ,RHS and Thai.

Looking forward to playing your new escape mission.  :D  I hope you get a chance to update this scenario because this is my favorite mission in arma 3. Thanks a lot!!!! 

Anyone else having problem with no fog version crashing, after loading a saved game (arma3.exe has stopped). The fog version works like a charm, with same mods loaded.I love this mission , but I hate the fog ^_^

Anyone else having problem with no fog version crashing, after loading a saved game (arma3.exe has stopped). The fog version works like a charm, with same mods loaded.I love this mission , but I hate the fog ^_^

nwm, the crash was propably caused by -maxmem setting  :unsure:   

I've downloaded the "walker zombie" and the "15% faster zombie" versions to learn how one can modify zombie behaviour, but they appear to have the same contents, byte for byte.

I've downloaded the "walker zombie" and the "15% faster zombie" versions to learn how one can modify zombie behaviour, but they appear to have the same contents, byte for byte.

The only difference would be in the Zombie module and the settings in there.

The only difference would be in the Zombie module and the settings in there.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong then. I extracted the PBOs with Eliteness, and the "ravage-a-mission.altis\" (slower) and "Ravage_A_MissionF.Altis\" (faster) directories have the exact same files, 11.200.501 bytes in 146 files and 9 directories, same dates to the second and same contents. I don't know where is that Zombie module you are talking about.

Move the folder so you can see it in the editor.. you have to edit the module from eden