cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage - A Mission

love that PP effect :)

great! I literally just tried Ravage for the first time today and my only though was "This is cool,but I need some objectives" and now I find this  :D Thank you very much sir  :D

Hope you enjoy it. Do have a quick read of the mission notes in the first few posts and share any cool stories of your time on Altis.

• Like 1

Hi,

I am a huge fan of Ravage, and I just wanted to say well done with this mission! Love the extra spawns,, missions, camps etc. Fantastic stuff. Please keep up the great work. You have taken  a great chocolate cake, and added some fudge sauce. :) Yummy

• Like 3

Hi,

I am a huge fan of Ravage, and I just wanted to say well done with this mission! Love the extra spawns,, missions, camps etc. Fantastic stuff. Please keep up the great work. You have taken  a great chocolate cake, and added some fudge sauce. :) Yummy

Cheers Malyen! Glad you are enjoying it :)

JUST AWESOME! I´ve just completed the mission... wow.... wow... it enhances a lot the whole Ravage experience, and adds sooo sooo much more... loved all the sec ops (save civilians, locate bandit camps, find intels, etc) and what a blast! Final score 3253 and 4 medals yay!

I hope there´s a sequel, I just wanna deliver some good ol´retribution to O´Neil evil doctor... maybe he´s on Cherno... or Takistan (or even better: Esseker!!! wink wink!)

Cheers and many kudos for this outstanding usage of Haleks modules (where that skyhook script came from? uncanny!)!

• Like 3

JUST AWESOME! I´ve just completed the mission... wow.... wow... it enhances a lot the whole Ravage experience, and adds sooo sooo much more... loved all the sec ops (save civilians, locate bandit camps, find intels, etc) and what a blast! Final score 3253 and 4 medals yay!

I hope there´s a sequel, I just wanna deliver some good ol´retribution to O´Neil evil doctor... maybe he´s on Cherno... or Takistan (or even better: Esseker!!! wink wink!)

Cheers and many kudos for this outstanding usage of Haleks modules (where that skyhook script came from? uncanny!)!

I'm glad i didn't let you down ;)

and color me impressed. That must have been a serious playthrough. I'm really glad to get confirmation that it is possible.  I added your Mission score and medal count to post 3.

As for a sequel, I did leave some parts of that story as a basis for further missions and possibly then build that into a campaign.

I cannot guarantee when that would be tho... when i made this mission... something came over me.. 

However... I would love to see the player finally make it to Doctor O'Neil face to face..

That is skyhook by John681611. 

My understanding is that when the insertion pilots got back to the carrier group. Word spread about the "dead hot" insertion and they really didnt want to lay wheels on Altis again. 

However, from a gameplay standpoint, if primary extraction fails.... don't rage quit.... there is a backup plan :)

I was asking EO the other day about whether I should tweak this mission more or just make a new one... What do you think?

• Like 1

Hey corporal_lib[br]......so the benchmark's been set, very well done.  :clap:

Still not completed the mission myself yet, I do love Arma.....i'm just really shit playin' it. 

With regards to mission tweaking......i still believe you had an epiphany when you created "A Mission".

It's a class act as it is.

However... I would love to see the player finally make it to Doctor O'Neil face to face.

Hell yeah. ^^

Bandit are not good at driving the Sigma 6 cars... too many horsies maybe lol

I may then consider this the last addition to the mission with the fix to the ravage toolkit in the soldiers grave...

I have an idea for a second mission... but my GF was not impressed with the idea of a sequel LOL

in any case... RC02 will be out in the next few weeks...

• Like 2

Bandit are not good at driving the Sigma 6 cars... too many horsies maybe lol

I may then consider this the last addition to the mission with the fix to the ravage toolkit in the soldiers grave...

I have an idea for a second mission... but my GF was not impressed with the idea of a sequel LOL

in any case... RC02 will be out in the next few weeks...

Oh yeah, I´ve cruised half Altis on an yellow Sigma6 road runner.... Pure Joy! So there was a bug on the cemetery sec op? I knew something was wrong cus I´ve got 6 hints to look at the nearby civilian cemetery but couldn´t find anything (even loot) on them....

I vote for a sequel, but take your time Cosmic10R, we don´t want you to break up with your girl due to arma+ravage awesomeness lol

BTW, the the skyhook didn´t worked per se, the baloon inflated, but the rope took ages to unwrap and the ballon rised too damn slow, so the futuristic Chinook (I refuse to say vanilla arma fantasy names lol) just flew by, but them I´ve asked for a secundary extraction point, and it got back and landed not too far from the first xtract point... so far, so good =)

I´ll reload the last save (almost at xtraction) so I can show off my medals and score lol

[edit] Wow... I kinda misread the final score.... 2235 =P

But I did got 4 medals, including Star of Courage yay!

screens (not to spam scroll here)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608350936235310897/A41D572CAE07EC3A41C7312143688545B8777111/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608350936235307197/8663DDF69859BC6D51F7FDC98D7FF36E3D657B4A/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608350936235315177/BC54EE374468DCF151B851F48BA3E9F98B1E4421/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608350936235312487/43B155F28B5E6FC855D1851801858C48510A2ECF/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608350936235311525/A98391846047EBC06ED724DE752E7C755DF141FB/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/608350936235298920/52C90EE67E57E4ED4091A5BC7BF86E22A1B0A261/

cheers!

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I´ve cruised half Altis on an yellow Sigma6 road runner.... Pure Joy! So there was a bug on the cemetery sec op? I knew something was wrong cus I´ve got 6 hints to look at the nearby civilian cemetery but couldn´t find anything (even loot) on them....

I vote for a sequel, but take your time Cosmic10R, we don´t want you to break up with your girl due to arma+ravage awesomeness lol

BTW, the the skyhook didn´t worked per se, the baloon inflated, but the rope took ages to unwrap and the ballon rised too damn slow, so the futuristic Chinook (I refuse to say vanilla arma fantasy names lol) just flew by, but them I´ve asked for a secundary extraction point, and it got back and landed not too far from the first xtract point... so far, so good =)

I´ll reload the last save (almost at xtraction) so I can show off my medals and score lol

cheers!

ahh darn... at certain angles the heli cant grab the balloon... thats why the secondary extraction is there... if it is a fairly flat pos without mountains nearby it tends to work better.

There should be lots of time for the balloon on flat land. :)

hmmm the hint thing seems weird... if you see it again ... post me a pic of the  map location... that should help me narrow it down.

You should definately find the loot on the grave but ill double check them all again for RC02

-edit... what may have happened is you may have been near a graveyard and searched there... the graves spawn in random locations and are marked with a little tiny red exclamation within a few feet... there is only one grave... it will add an action in red to discover the story

I must admit... I did think that mission 2 could involve a hunt for a certain general... check your laptop briefing hints in your save :). possibly on Esseker.

That got me a good eyeroll from the GF...

Keeping in mind that coming Face to Face with the good Dr. might take a few missions lol

I'm interested. Do you have FPS in mind, if so, what are you doing there? Unit caching or maybe simulation off if out of range?

I didn't originally but the way it is made seems to be fairly friendly on the fps. I'm not sure what EO fps is and Im not sure if it will degrade badly over a long period of time but it shouldn't.

I haven't played long so I don't know if fps's will be impacted but if they are, and if you looking for a way to gain fps, (might be quite minor but avery little bit helps) you might contact Rydygier. He has placed a feature in his mission (Pilgrimage) in the supports menu to "clean up dead bodies and wrecks". This might or might not work here.

Ravage itself has a clean up function which this uses. 

Things are spawned and deleted out to maintain fps. I just really can't make any promises for any individual setup. 

Had a quick play to test the new water cooler and fps is pretty solid. Let me know if you have problems with it.

I haven't played long so I don't know if fps's will be impacted but if they are, and if you looking for a way to gain fps, (might be quite minor but avery little bit helps) you might contact Rydygier. He has placed a feature in his mission (Pilgrimage) in the supports menu to "clean up dead bodies and wrecks". This might or might not work here

On my latest playthrough I am up to around six hours into the mission (my longest so far!) and covered a fair bit of ground.......For me fps does not downgrade as you progress, occasional drops when it's "busy" are to be expected with Arma in general, but Ravage is a very well optimized mod so performance has always been strong, and the meaty filling Cosmic has added to this mission doesn't detract on performance.  ;)

• Like 4

hcpookies battlebus added to the convoy IF it is enabled. :)

• Like 4

Now it's its just getting ridiculous lol...

• Like 2

how i can disable radiation fog because i cant see nothing and the AI bandits/zombies detect me so far.

how i can disable radiation fog because i cant see nothing and the AI bandits/zombies detect me so far.

You cant do it in the mission at this point. What difficulty are you playing on? I could reduce the fog or eliminate it if you would prefer but depending on your ai settings you may want to try that first.

You cant do it in the mission at this point. What difficulty are you playing on? I could reduce the fog or eliminate it if you would prefer but depending on your ai settings you may want to try that first.

i would like to play like default Ravage atmosphere.

the fog is nice but the problem i feel is the fog just affect my visibility, no the AI detect range. its just a feeling im not a coder.

pd, you make my hype to high with your screenshot at ravage thread. :)

i would like to play like default Ravage atmosphere.

the fog is nice but the problem i feel is the fog just affect my visibility, no the AI detect range. its just a feeling im not a coder.

pd, you make my hype to high with your screenshot at ravage thread. :)

Post 2 has a no fog edition link. Performance may suffer a bit. I haven't tested it  a bunch... but the heli lands and the zeds are there... let me know how it goes :)

Post 2 has a no fog edition link. Performance may suffer a bit. I haven't tested it  a bunch... but the heli lands and the zeds are there... let me know how it goes :)

Hi cosmic10r and thanks for this great mission.

I have been playing the no fog edition and noticed some differences between it and the fog edition. The stamina bar is missing and now my character can run indefinately. Also there doesn't seem to be any running zombies.

Keep up the good work. Cheers. ;)

Hi cosmic10r and thanks for this great mission.

I have been playing the no fog edition and noticed some differences between it and the fog edition. The stamina bar is missing and now my character can run indefinately. Also there doesn't seem to be any running zombies.

Keep up the good work. Cheers. ;)

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

I may have not enabled stamina for the player in the editor.  I'll have a look.

I don't think this has running zombies either. I prefer walkers in SP but have found runners are great fun too in a few of the MP tests we have done.

I can enable those if you like and put a version up. It wouldnt take long to go through it.

I haven't had time to look at the mission in awhile tbh...

Really love this mission!!!  Finally!! I want some goals to survive in this island and this mission gives me a lot. Just one thing , AI are stupid and they are attacked by zombies when they lose all ammo. So, all my soldiers died in the first day. :( I also achieve a really high FPS when playing your no-fog version. Which setting  you changed in this version? I would like to modify parameters in the game to achieve higher FPS. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Really love this mission!!!  Finally!! I want some goals to survive in this island and this mission gives me a lot. Just one thing , AI are stupid and they are attacked by zombies when they lose all ammo. So, all my soldiers died in the first day. :( I also achieve a really high FPS when playing your no-fog version. Which setting  you changed in this version? I would like to modify parameters in the game to achieve higher FPS. Thank you so much!

Glad you are enjoying it!

Good point about the AI ... I wish they would rearm properly... that may be something I will need to look at.

Glad you are getting good fps... I didnt change anything so there isn't much that I can help with... what I can say is the inbuilt ravage functions are excellent at keeping fps up..

Thanks for giving it a try and posting your feedback!

Glad you are enjoying it!

Good point about the AI ... I wish they would rearm properly... that may be something I will need to look at.

Glad you are getting good fps... I didnt change anything so there isn't much that I can help with... what I can say is the inbuilt ravage functions are excellent at keeping fps up..

Thanks for giving it a try and posting your feedback!I 

I found a little trick. I can put my AI soldiers and survivors into cars or trucks because zombies are not able to attack cars. HAHA!! If I find the bad guy, just disembark and engage !!!!  :D  :D  :D

Sorry for bothering you again. I know you are working on the multiplayer version right now (following the Ravage forum). Is this mission support the new update of Ravage 0.1.35?  I am a big fun of this mission (I am a leader of a special team to retrieve three laptops with top secrets. Because of the security reason and prevention of more white plague infection, no support provided!!  What a nice background!!!!). If confirm, I will update my Ravage as soon as possible!!

• Like 1

Wow this is great great great mission for ravage, like it very much.

Hey if you dont mind, what do you think about this scenario?
If bandits have camps, what if survivors also have safe camps? Where they can re-group to assist each other in difficult time. Normally people in group may have bigger chance to survive.

When player get civilian or soldier save mission, player can bring the saved civilian to the safe camp and they can stay there, available to be recruited as member as well. There can also safe camp related mission, to gather supplies, foods or waters from nearby town, warehouse or factory.

Also this survivor safe camp can be attacked by bandits or by horde of zeds (because they can smell them), so player radio-ed for help to defend the camp.

And thanks a lot for this mission, enjoy it very much. :D

• Like 2