cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage - A Mission

2016-01-04_00003_zpsy5nhuv9d.jpg

You and up to 3 SF team members are dropped into Altis.

Doctor O Neil has left a trail of destruction starting on Altis.
We are currently tracking him ... That is not your concern for now.
Your Mission is to find his Laptops left on Altis, so HQ can triangulate the location of the device and destroy whatever is creating the infection on Altis.
You may be re tasked by Admiral Delacourt depending on how you complete the Mission.

Main Mission
-Download the data from the 3 Laptops hidden on Altis. Markers will be added to your map when you get close enough. You will STILL have to search the area.
-Find and then Destroy the Device and get out of there.
-Finding all Laptops allows final objective to be given by Admiral Delacourt, after O Neil's device is destroyed, we will attempt an extract.
-Finding Laptops gives Ravage Mission Points, and destroying the device also gives Mission Points
-Random number of teammates. From 0-3 teammembers.
-Randomized Insertion Locations
-Randomized Vital Loot on Insertion.

Side Missions
Zombified Skin Record
The Doctor was losing his mind. Find the notes he made on Zombified skin.
- Random locations around Altis
-Finding Records gives Ravage Mission Points

Secret Documents 
Reveals storyline around the White Plague.
-Random Locations around Altis
-Finding Plague Documents gives Ravage Mission Points

Intel Photos 
Marks Bandit Camp Locations On map for Raiding
-Bandit Camps have weapons and vital items.
-Finding Bandit Camp Photos gives Ravage Mission Points

Random Soldier and Civilian Missions 
Civilians were left on Altis, Save them.
-Civilians Radio when nearby.
-Find and release them possibly after defeating a Bandit Patrol.
-Bandits Patrols that are around civilian give Ravage Mission points per kill.
-Saving Civilian gives Mission Points and If civilian is able to extract (beyond your control), you get additional Ravage score Points.
-There are a few Soldiers left on Altis.
-When you Save a soldier he can join your group.

Random Destory Missions
-Bandits are searching for Caches, Occasionally HQ will send you the location but you must beat the bandits there or we lose postion.
-Kill the bandits and Secure the weapons for your mission effort.

Civilian and Soldier Graves
-Find them to learn the story from that Grave and get unique loot.
-Civilian graves give vital items. Soldier Graves give Military items.

Kydoimos Arma 3 medals
-Achievable with certain objective completions and point totals
-Show up in Briefings so you can see what you have earned.
-Cool Splashie when you achieve it.
-6 Medals added based on mission points or objectives achieved.

Uses 
-t800 download data from Laptop
-ETG crash and drop added with Ravage vital items.
-StTosins heli insert, parts of...
-Kydoimos Medals for A3
-Skyhook by John 611681
-Ravage by Haleks
-CBA by CBA team

Required Mods
-Ravage 
-CBA

Features
-Mission Score,See how high you can score on Each playthrough.
-Randomized Laptop Locations.
-Randomized Device Locations.
-Randomized Insert Locations and team mates. from no teamates up to 3.
-Randomized Extraction Location.
-Randomized Intel locations on each playthrough.
-Bandit camps will be marked on your map when you find the Intel photo associated with that camp. You cannot find them before that.
-Random civilian Save side missions.
-Save a Soldier and Recruit Side missions
-Bandit Cache Side missions
-All While trying to survive in a Ravaged World.
-Start with a team. Loot Supplies. This could take awhile.

Possible Glitches and known issues
-Laptops are on desks and can look out of place outside. I did this to save the weird issues  with them spawning in buildings. I will get that sorted out.
-One of the tents is the Kart tent. Looks funny
-auto completion of civy rescue- I think I fixed it
-handling saved civs death
-graves sometimes spawn on roads... good jumps tho
-any number of screw ups lol.
-No\Entry error on mission start - related to laptop tasks, tried pinning that down... no luck yet
-crates at ETG crash sites don't have loot. Not sure why yet. 

Maybe
-Bandit king mission
-Custom sounds
-custom VO
-custom sounds
-more missions on diff maps
-intro and outro mission
-different insertions/extracions
-campaign retaining points (may require mods)
-other random crap

-further mission ideas as they occur to me
Future Ideas

Gameplay Notes
-Not designed for a single playthrough. I'm not even sure it would be possible to find everything on a map the size of Altis and stay alive... but hey... give er a rip...
-Designed to add things to the Ravaged world, with events cropping up as you search for the laptops
-hints will pop up saying you are near intel or a laptop... YOU will still have to search... a lot....
-Dr. O'Neil had a thing for churches, places by the water and military installations... just sayin...
  Intel will usually be just outside a location to prevent it being in the floor. Same with desks... Yes.. it looks a little weird sometimes ... lol
-No Markers on Landing on Altis... Head Inland and begin your search.
-Don't forget to look for the sack at the Heli Position after insertion. You will begin with whatever the Pilots can spare so search that sack.
-Press 0-0-6 to check your mission points
-Ravage options menu is present to turn off color filter or save the game.
-Don't waste time with geiger or antirad. Radiations currently below nominal levels on Altis. 
-Not Designed for Civ spawn mods such as TPW... Frogs... I'm looking at you :P
-I had my Ai teammate cut down by the Blackhawk mini gun on insertion a couple of times... get clear of those... the hurons is high enough its not so bad....
-Every now and then the Ai civ cant pathfind out of a building... leave him behind....
-close the config bin entry on startup... not sure what it is ... mission works fine... 
-Report any bugs... I will try but no guarantees in arma
-If you have a squad, order DISEMBARK on descent to avoid potential blue on blue fire.

- When I had it all together,  I went to sit down to start... and had no idea where to begin... and I made the darn thing... I think that is a good thing... we will see

Thanks to the Testers for their Invaluable feedback
-Evil Organ
-StTosin
-FroggyLuv
-GigaS aka Jcae6798
-Brickwall
-Mikey74
-Bad Benson

A special Thanks to Haleks
-Awarded the  - Friendly Modder Medal
-Thanks for letting me use Ravage and components of the Vanilla mission :)
  • Like 8

This post is for Release links and Videos

vRC01 - Walker Zombie Only Version

vRC01 - %15 Fast Zombie Version for Frogs and others

vRC01 No fog edition

will pull Dropbox link once on Armaholic

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2016-01-04_00001_zps8u6ppc9p.jpg

Mission Point Totals will go here for people who post screenies of their Scores.

Mission Complete

Corporal_lib[br}

-Final score 2253 

-4 medals

-First One to finish it that I know of. and yes... that means I actually have not completed the  mission yet lol

Grrl627 

-Final score 2240

So does this use all of the Ravage features or only some like ROADS? Obviously there are zombies and I am guessing the survival mechanics. Will this have irradiated areas and access to all the same mods? Definitely have my interest piqued and looking forward to playing this.

So does this use all of the Ravage features or only some like ROADS? Obviously there are zombies and I am guessing the survival mechanics. Will this have irradiated areas and access to all the same mods? Definitely have my interest piqued and looking forward to playing this.

It uses as much of Ravage as possible. I do not have Radiation currently. This was a gameplay decision on my part for two reasons. It is currently very difficult to survive once irradiated and the objectives are so widespread that I didn't want the player getting sidetracked trying to survive while suffering from radition poisoning nor dying from that after a significant number of OBJ have been completed.. From a Lore standpoint, Dr. ONeil was conducting research on Altis before he deployed the virus so it was not as irradiated as Ireland, england and Libya would be after the Govt's tried to control the infection.

Random weather has been disabled as well. Wreck spawning is still there and we haven't seen a ton of fps drop yet.

Survival is there. I have been a little more generous with the loot. I just tweaked ETG crash to drop ravage loot as well. That will be a treasure trove as it also has the sack with specifically ravage items plus weapons... good ones too.

Mod wise it will use anything  default Ravage does. It does not support HLC, etc for now although I can add that in future updates as necessary.

I just added Exceptional Leadership medal if you find and save the soldiers.

Feedback from the guys has been good. EO has devoted several hours to testing and that has been very valuable as he has been following Ravage since post 1.

@Evil Organ, that site you found before must have been one of Haleks ambient choppers... ETG should be spreading a ton of loot at its crash sites.

We will see what EO comes up with in the next day or so but all in all it is very close to being an alpha release.

Froggyluv has also requested a version with Runners/bolters/fast zombies so that will follow on the heels of the walker only version.

• Like 2

I'm interested. Do you have FPS in mind, if so, what are you doing there? Unit caching or maybe simulation off if out of range?

*sigh*, ArmA. Always feels like you have a choice. Empty maps with some FPS or living maps without :(.

I'm interested. Do you have FPS in mind, if so, what are you doing there? Unit caching or maybe simulation off if out of range?

*sigh*, ArmA. Always feels like you have a choice. Empty maps with some FPS or living maps without :(.

I didn't originally but the way it is made seems to be fairly friendly on the fps. I'm not sure what EO fps is and Im not sure if it will degrade badly over a long period of time but it shouldn't. 

Every enemy is created using the inbuilt bis functions and ravage functions. Things are spawned around the player. I have added about 7 hordes so it will be interesting to see a bandit gunfight in the middle of altis with an objective present with a horde spawned.

Hey Cosmic10r, thaks a lot for this incoming mission! This fix the main issue why I haven´t played ravage on the last weeks (and DayZ, if alone):the lack of objective/dialogs... Haleks released Ravage as a sandbox tool, and you´re expanding it... awesome (I know DoctorX mission, and ravage chronicles, but this one seems to be much more polished and pragmatic... in Cosmic10r we trust ;)

cheers! 

Hey Cosmic10r, thaks a lot for this incoming mission! This fix the main issue why I haven´t played ravage on the last weeks (and DayZ, if alone):the lack of objective/dialogs... Haleks released Ravage as a sandbox tool, and you´re expanding it... awesome (I know DoctorX mission, and ravage chronicles, but this one seems to be much more polished and pragmatic... in Cosmic10r we trust ;)

cheers! 

I imagine it's a tough ask to pull off an open map survival mission with objectives/tasks/story.......but I can confirm you guys are in for a treat..... ;)

cheers! 

lol... Thanks. I hope it lives up to it's potential. I am trying to stay within the timelines. My Poor GF is just shaking her head at me as this has consumed... welll.... a lot of my time the last two weeks from Idea to inception. I have to do a final check on all the scripts and make some release notes and then it should be ready to go. I really want to get it out tonight because I hate when things are released on the day I have to go back to work lol.

Barring any unforeseen problems it should be out soon. 

I have added Laptop markers for Gameplay purposes. It's already going to cover a huge part of Altis and it was very very difficult to find them. What will happen is when you come within a reasonable large distance a sidechat will tell you and a large 10sq km marker will pop up. 

The laptop is in there. Somewhere. This should help get the player started on a search grid.  Originally I was against it but after trying it out, the sheer size of Altis creates certain Gameplay choices. To find all three, find and destroy the device and exfil is going to take some serious ground covering so after EOs play throughs I felt it would make it .... remotely possible lol

I hope the mission is enjoyable. :)

I imagine it's a tough ask to pull off an open map survival mission with objectives/tasks/story.......but I can confirm you guys are in for a treat..... ;)

Thanks for all the play throughs. If it's any good then you can credit Evil Organ as well. His testing has been very beneficial.

StTosin and Brick too... 

The heli insertion is now HOT.... watch out for the mini guns on your insert Chopper lol.

There are currently six medals-

Life Savers Medal

Exceptional Leadership Medal

Star of Courage 1st class

Star of Courage 2nd Class

Medal of Honor

Silver Heart.

• Like 2

Gameplay Notes

-Not designed for a single playthrough. I'm not even sure it would be possible to find everything on a map the size of Altis and stay alive... but hey... give er a rip...

-Designed to add things to the Ravaged world, with events cropping up as you search for the laptops

-hints will pop up saying you are near intel or a laptop... YOU will still have to search... a lot....

-Dr. O'Neil had a thing for churches, places by the water and military installations... just sayin...

Intel will usually be just outside a location to prevent it being in the floor. Same with desks... Yes.. it looks a little weird sometimes ... lol

-Don't forget to look for the sack at the Heli Position after insertion. You will begin with whatever the Pilots can spare so search that sack.

Yes... you may not be able to carry it all and may have to make some hard decisions... suck it up.

-Don't waste time with geiger or antirad. Radiations currently below nominal levels on Altis. 

-Not Designed for Civ spawn mods such as TPW... Frogs... I'm looking at you  :P

-I had my Ai teammate cut down by the Blackhawk mini gun on insertion a couple of times... get clear of those... the hurons is high enough its not so bad....

-Every now and then the Ai civ cant pathfind out of a building... leave him behind....

-close the config bin entry on startup... not sure what it is ... mission works fine... 

-Etg crash sites marked by Search Site green marker... it is not a mission objective.

-If you have a squad, order DISEMBARK on descent to avoid potential blue on blue fire.

vRC01. - Have fun guys and gals!

Link moved to post 2

• Like 5

Congrats for the release of "Ravage - A Mission".......

two weeks from Idea to inception.

I find this quite statement quite remarkable as "Ravage - A Mission" is an inspired piece of work.

If any of you guys enjoyed "Pilgrimage" you will feel right at home here......I believe it's just as good.

So it's a mission that requires your time, but once you find your first real piece of the jigsaw, you will be hooked.

A perfect marriage of Story and those awesome Ravage modules.

Thanks for giving me the privilege to "test" this last week, which turned out to be more a treat than a test!!

Now I'm off to hunt some more......I want that full set of medals......

two weeks from Idea to inception.

:459:

• Like 1

Just so I understand, when you say default Ravage mods, do you mean the recommended ones? I only ask because I don't want to run a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need. I've been playing Roads quite a bit lately, and have been using all of the recommended mods for that. Well, not RHS, won't seem to let me resume my game with it. Thanks.

The Mac-stravaganza, brought to you by Crapatalk.

Congrats for the release of "Ravage - A Mission".......

I find this quite statement quite remarkable as "Ravage - A Mission" is an inspired piece of work.

If any of you guys enjoyed "Pilgrimage" you will feel right at home here......I believe it's just as good.

So it's a mission that requires your time, but once you find your first real piece of the jigsaw, you will be hooked.

A perfect marriage of Story and those awesome Ravage modules.

Thanks for giving me the privilege to "test" this last week, which turned out to be more a treat than a test!!

Now I'm off to hunt some more......I want that full set of medals......

:459:

Thanks EO. Thats very high praise and all I hope is people have fun trying to survive... 

I was just trying to add some elements to Ravage that I enjoy when I play open world games. 

When I put the ports on hold on Dec 27... it was cuz I had downloaded T800a s great Laptop download script and was starting to get a clearer picture of what I wanted to do... so about 2 weeks.

I'm really not sure where it all came from lol.. it just kind of picked up speed as I went along until I had to grind through that last 10% of  QC checks and testing... 

Just so I understand, when you say default Ravage mods, do you mean the recommended ones? I only ask because I don't want to run a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need. I've been playing Roads quite a bit lately, and have been using all of the recommended mods for that. Well, not RHS, won't seem to let me resume my game with it. Thanks.

I kept it as Vanilla as possible. I believe if you have things like Tryk uniforms and RHS , ravage will use those for uniform variety. 

The mission itself should not require anything but Ravage and Ravage requires CBA.

I just took a look in the mission SQM and its all default A3 and ravage.

Ok cool. Thanks for clarifying. This looks awesome, can't wait to try it.

Gameplay Notes
      Yes... you may not be able to carry it all and may have to make some hard decisions... suck it up.
-Not Designed for Civ spawn mods such as TPW... Frogs... I'm looking at you  :P
-Etg crash sites marked by Search Site green marker... it is not a mission objective.

vRC01. - Have fun guys and gals!

Link moved to post 2

When you say liked places near the water, do you mean buildings near the water or cities, like Kavala and Pyrgos?

About the desks and laptops outside. Would it be possible to put a military tent or some such around it so it is not just a desk sitting outside? Would help in locating the item and a bit more immersive.

When you say liked places near the water, do you mean buildings near the water or cities, like Kavala and Pyrgos?

About the desks and laptops outside. Would it be possible to put a military tent or some such around it so it is not just a desk sitting outside? Would help in locating the item and a bit more immersive.

I used that hint before i made the marker system. Now it should be much more intuitive to find as it will be somewhere in the marker area. Dr O'neil avoided large cities :)

A good idea with the camo net or tent... maybe for next version

%15 Fast zombie version added to post 2

Found the grave of a soldier that gave me a vanilla tool kit that would not let me repair vehicles. I think it might need to be the Ravage tool kit(box?) to repair vehicles.

Really liking it so far. Rescued some civilians. Did some exploring in an Armed Offroad, and found the grave and some intel. Acquiring the offroad was a blast. I was hiding from a heli, the occupied armed truck took out the chopper, I in turn took out the gunner and driver. Get in the driver seat and my teammate says "Helicopter- 1km". WTF so I hurry jump on the .50 and took out the second heli. Got one of my original 2 teammates but found a replacement roaming around. Hull was red and a tire was yellow. Found the tool kit but could not use it. Had 2 tires, the tool kit, and the repair option menu. When I went to use it, it told me I needed a tool kit.

Also saw a third helicopter that was an unarmed Wildcat. Saw it come and go from the island, getting attacked on its way out by the initial heli before getting out of its range. Curious? Did it possibly drop troops some where?

• Like 2

Found the grave of a soldier that gave me a vanilla tool kit that would not let me repair vehicles. I think it might need to be the Ravage tool kit(box?) to repair vehicles.

Really liking it so far. Rescued some civilians. Did some exploring in an Armed Offroad, and found the grave and some intel. Acquiring the offroad was a blast. I was hiding from a heli, the occupied armed truck took out the chopper, I in turn took out the gunner and driver. Get in the driver seat and my teammate says "Helicopter- 1km". WTF so I hurry jump on the .50 and took out the second heli. Got one of my original 2 teammates but found a replacement roaming around. Hull was red and a tire was yellow. Found the tool kit but could not use it. Had 2 tires, the tool kit, and the repair option menu. When I went to use it, it told me I needed a tool kit.

Also saw a third helicopter that was an unarmed Wildcat. Saw it come and go from the island, getting attacked on its way out by the initial heli before getting out of its range. Curious? Did it possibly drop troops some where?

Wow... Altis is a busy place lol... thats a lot of Helis but sounds cool.

Haleks gave me permission to use his ambient Ravage Helicopters and I also added The etg crash and drop. 

The wildcat was likely ETG. There would be a green marker on your map where it dropped the supples. If the chopper crashes it will have the green marker and search site text.

You are correct. good find. I have changed it to the Ravage toolkit for the graves for next version. I checked and the crashs and drops have the correct Ravage toolkit already and it will spawn within the loot system as well. 

Enjoyed hearing your mission tales... keep em coming ;)

Mods used to enhance my experience.

AGM (Stripped down to Core, Explosives, Interaction, Magazine Repack, Realistic Names, and Recoil Modules)

or Mag Repack by Outlaw as they are the only ones I can seem to get to load on a save. Ace3 does not like my save games.

Bigger Trunks

Enhanced Movement

Liability Insurance

Moduload

ShackTac Fireteam HUD

TPW Animals

Unlocked Uniforms

VCOM AI Driving Mod

Warfare Thai (Did not see any of the vehicles in this mission yet, such as Land Rovers. Plenty of the other items though. Enfield, Mauser, and Mosin-Nagant)

WW AI Menu

What addon were you using to direct your AI team in the video?

What addon were you using to direct your AI team in the video?

Samo from my Sig. :)

On the hunt for Dr.O'Neil's laptops, we take a radio message to help a trapped civilian........

• Like 1

great! I literally just tried Ravage for the first time today and my only though was "This is cool,but I need some objectives" and now I find this :D Thank you very much sir :D

• Like 1