tebbbs

Persistent Database and Resupply

A lot of us love ACE (including myself), but ACE3 was a failure towards many of our expectations. If ACE3 lived up to its expectations (like from ArmA 2), I would have been using it by now.

That again is your opinion. I like ACE3 and i dont know where you have this "failure towards many of our expectations" from.

Only if they contain pirated (or even offensive) content or something that could have been included/developed in the first place.

Yes but our mod is not pirated, not offensive and it doesnt have something that could have been included in the first place, because we dont have time. Do it yourself.

Huh. But according to your first post it doesn't state that others can improve on the code (therefore, no one is allowed to modify/rewrite the code). If you could have done something about that, I wouldn't be 'complaining' here in the first place!

I wrote somewhere, that i will publish it on Git. What do you think does that mean?

I probably won't even have to rewrite the code. ACE3's coding is still based off vanilla, which should take like under a week (or less) to make a vanilla version. Honestly, I wonder why it is a problem for you guys to even create a simple vanilla version along side with the ACE3 version...

Under a week? For me it would take a day. Still a day that i dont have.

So why did you create this mod in the first place if you hated its script language.

Because nobody else did? We tried Alive before (as i wrote) but it didnt work. And as there was no alternative, we had to do it on our own.

I will probably stop coding for Arma 3 anyway as i will be abroad for at least one month now. If you can use that mod, use it. If not, well.. not my problem :P its free

There will be one last update from my side.. But i wasnt working alone on that project so there might be more updates coming in the future from Spackenbremse

I will probably stop coding for Arma 3 anyway as i will be abroad for at least one month now. If you can use that mod, use it. If not, well.. not my problem :P its free

There will be one last update from my side.. But i wasnt working alone on that project so there might be more updates coming in the future from Spackenbremse

Alright, well I'll accept what you have said there. Look, I didn't really want to start an argument anyway, so can we please just shake hands and let the train keep going? The discussion was going nowhere and it was becoming irritating for you and for me. I do appreciate for the fact that this is a Database system, even though it is only for ACE3. So again, can we just shake hands and move on? :)

Don't stop coding! I'm patiently awaiting the next update, without developers like you Arma 3 would be rubbish and I bet most people come back to it because of people like yourselves. It's the community what makes this game so good so please, please keep the development of this add-on going, it has some really really good potential and I for one appreciate the work from you all :}

• Like 3

not yet. working on it but it is getting slower. stay tuned, mybe we can do a little update next week.

That's great news...good to hear :)

It is a small update indeed but as tebbbs already told you, we've become short in menpower over here. My time is limited as well so currently the progress is getting slower. Anyway, here we go..

Version 1.2.1

http://sru-gaming.de/SRU_Persistant_Database_1_2_1.rar

Changelog

- imrpoved object saving

- inventory of objects can be stored now

- you can disable saving for objects and vehicles via

this setVariable ["sru_disable_pdb",1,true];

in its init

Still planned:

- reworking some code to bypass ACE3 requirement

- saving and executing object/vehicle init-code

- vehicle-inventory templates

- a webinterface (WIP) - unfortunately in german only (PHP, MySQLi)

• Like 2

Version 1.2.2 released: http://sru-gaming.de/SRU_Persistant_Database_1_2_2.zip

We also have a github repo here (it includes a wiki with installation instructions): https://github.com/tebsu/SRU

changelog:

- some issues where you spawn and its not loading your gear

- some other bugfixes by Spackenbremse and i dont know what he did but i guess he did a great job

upcoming:

- getting rid of some errors in the log

- reworking some code to bypass ACE3 requirement

- saving and executing object/vehicle init-code

- vehicle-inventory templates

- a webinterface (WIP) - unfortunately in german only (PHP, MySQLi)

oh Spackenbremse just told me, the #missions bug should also be fixed.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

2016/04/05, 23:06:37 Error in expression <') WHERE p.playerUID = '%1'",_playerUID,sru_pdb_mission_fk];
_sql_res2 = call co>
2016/04/05, 23:06:37   Error position: <sru_pdb_mission_fk];
_sql_res2 = call co>
2016/04/05, 23:06:37   Error Undefined variable in expression: sru_pdb_mission_fk
2016/04/05, 23:06:37 File sru_pdb\functions\fn_Server_getUnit.sqf, line 10
2016/04/05, 23:06:37 Error in expression <') WHERE p.playerUID = '%1'",_playerUID,sru_pdb_mission_fk]);

sleep 5;
[ [[_Pla>
2016/04/05, 23:06:37   Error position: <sru_pdb_mission_fk]);

sleep 5;
[ [[_Pla>
2016/04/05, 23:06:37   Error Undefined variable in expression: sru_pdb_mission_fk
2016/04/05, 23:06:37 File sru_pdb\functions\fn_Server_getUnit.sqf, line 11
2016/04/05, 23:06:47 Attempt to override final function - nss_ac_fnc_execute
2016/04/05, 23:06:47 "NSS_AC_Log: (User, 76561198076820649) entered the game with the NSS Admin Console"
2016/04/05, 23:13:09 Client: Remote object 3:0 not found
2016/04/05, 23:13:31 Unaccessible
2016/04/05, 23:13:31   found in (80,40).
2016/04/05, 23:13:35 Error in expression <') WHERE p.playerUID = '%1'",_playerUID,sru_pdb_mission_fk];
_sql_res2 = call co>
2016/04/05, 23:13:35   Error position: <sru_pdb_mission_fk];
_sql_res2 = call co>
2016/04/05, 23:13:35   Error Undefined variable in expression: sru_pdb_mission_fk
2016/04/05, 23:13:35 File sru_pdb\functions\fn_Server_getUnit.sqf, line 10

Glad this mod is being worked on again  :D . I had an issue where my units custom uniforms weren't being loaded in. Did the new version fix that?

i think so, yes. but we will publish an update soon again. trying to fix some more stuff like the errors in the log. its not easy because arma 3 is one of the worst things to debug imo

I have no issues with the ACE3 Requirement as I use it anyway, but may I ask why? What part of ACE do you guys use that makes it required?

the loading and saving of the gear from and into an array

hallo

We got a problem with ACE 3.

which Module must run to use your System?

We try a combo with Haleks Ravage Mod and ACE breaks many adaction funktions.

sorry but English is not my Native.

greetz from Berlin

You can write me a PM in German and explain your problem. Usually no module should be required

• Like 1

Version 2.0.0 released

- no ACE3 as requirement anymore. This means, this is pretty much suitable for any public server !! (Thanks to commy2 for the hint with the Arma 3 native function)

- additional errors fixed

- i am sick right now and dont have the power to test it but its possible that CBA is not required either (or only on the server)

Download (Link updated to 2.1.0): http://sru-gaming.de/SRU_Persistant_Database_2_1_0.zip

WARNING: remember to once clear the inventory for everyone in your database. Here is the SQL: UPDATE player_mission_connection SET playerInv = NULL - this has to be done as the way the inventory is saved and loaded just changed

• Like 1

I am sorry foxhound but i had to do a hotfix.. and i also added something else soooo

Version 2.1.0 released

- hotfix: mod didnt load inventory anymore
- added: you can now let vehicles/objects spawn with a predefined inventory. Because of that, we had to change the database structure a bit. Please check the included db.sql (its basically only one more field in one table and an additional new table)

Download: http://sru-gaming.de/SRU_Persistant_Database_2_1_0.zip

We will release the webinterface soon that should cover all functions.

WARNING: remember to once clear the inventory for everyone in your database. Here is the SQL: UPDATE player_mission_connection SET playerInv = NULL - this has to be done as the way the inventory is saved and loaded just changed