spad

the war of 1812

Hello everyone here the mod war of 1812 for those who want to play a napoleonic war in America.

Mod made with help of ProfT and his mod 1870 and napoleonic thanks man :)

438209chippawa.jpg148675USfort.jpg692669fort.jpg186718AWI.jpg482090britishgrenadier.jpg919349usmc.jpg

25 missions historical and fictionnal with land and sea battle. a new map with it's own buildings and some of other addon maker (see the readme credits)

custom sounds, units and music.

here the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqlxtvj69rgpm0v/Mod%201812.rar?dl=0

Enjoy!

• Like 3

The rate at which you put out new mods is impressive. I have a feeling OFP/CWA modding is more active than Armed Assault and ArmA 2's combined, if we account happenings outside this forum too. Even though we have to work within certain limitations (we really need that multi core and memory extension patch ;p), it's still great fun to do stuff for this classic game. It's basically inviting players to make stuff for it which can't be said for many other games out there (with possible exception of open-world action games like GTA, TES, Fallout - concepts that can all be done in OFP/CWA too thanks to it's great versatility).

• Like 1

Get an error when I try to open the folder with missions in the game:

91031720160106134307.png

The problem with the letter "é" in the .pbo file name.

If replace the letter on "e", then everything becomes fine...

Get an error when I try to open the folder with missions in the game:

91031720160106134307.png

The problem with the letter "é" in the .pbo file name.

If replace the letter on "e", then everything becomes fine...

thanks for that tip SappeR :)  , strange i don't have this problem when i play with OFP 1.96, it's maybe because my OFP is in french and in english the "é " don't exist ...

Wonderful mod

Nice job I really love your work.

the soldiers are really well modeled

I like all unity for the American Revolution.

I would like other addons on this period and also the Seven Years War in America with Montcalm commander of French forces in Canada and Wolfe commander British against french. 

Thank you for this MOD

Few pics I took:

ship1.jpg

ship2.jpg

ship3.jpg

ship4.jpg

indians.jpg

DXDLL water reflections make the sea battle even more atmospheric.  :)

• Like 1

yes very good the water screen :), why your indians have pike instead of gun ?

Wonderful mod
Nice job I really love your work.
the soldiers are really well modeled
I like all unity for the American Revolution.
I would like other addons on this period and also the Seven Years War in America with Montcalm commander of French forces in Canada and Wolfe commander British against french. 
Thank you for this MOD

i am thought about making an american war of independance mod, that's why i put some units in this mod for the "story" mission, the indians units of this mod are perfect for a french indian war

hey spad

can id get the weapons only in arma 3?

Arma 3 what this ? i know only OFP :)

yes very good the water screen :), why your indians have pike instead of gun ?

Ideally, they would have tomahawks and bows, but the default axes look and feel a bit weird so I went for pikes instead. ;p

hey spad

OFP content can not be used in Arma3 without a huge amount of work (config, model changes etc)

hey spad

Maybe you can learn how to convert OFP addon for arma 3 and do it yourself, the best way to have something is to make it :)

sorry if i ask you to do a big thing, spad.

but hey if there's a way to convert if you don't mind telling me for arma 1 or 2 perhaps then, link it for me please.

thank you

sorry if i ask you to do a big thing, spad.

but hey if there's a way to convert if you don't mind telling me for arma 1 or 2 perhaps then, link it for me please.

thank you

don't be sorry, i won't make any convert for any arma because i don't know how and i don't want to make the same work twice. All i know is if you want to make some mod or addon you will have to learn it by yourself and it is a long, very long path but very pleasant when you finally make your first addon. I began to mod with WH40K mod for OFP and Napoleonic Mod with ProfT 10 years ago and it's still a pleasure to make some new mod for the same game :). And i am sure that you can find plenty of link on how to mod here on the ARMA series topics :)

well then i'd better play ofp1 somehow though hunting with those weapons sounds fun in ofp1 hunter or whatever the mod name is. will be cool can you make them standalone or compatible with the hunter mod

Hi, i've played some of the missions which are really nice sofar. Only one bug with the OUTPOST 1 (a message about missing OFPcavmod). The rowboats are sailing under the water too. There's a mission naming problem with the Conjocta creek mission.

I really love :

- the ships ;

- the indians ;

- the flashback to 1777;

- the island and the grass on it (was it farmland one ?).

Hi, i've played some of the missions which are really nice sofar. Only one bug with the OUTPOST 1 (a message about missing OFPcavmod). The rowboats are sailing under the water too. There's a mission naming problem with the Conjocta creek mission.

I really love :

- the ships ;

- the indians ;

- the flashback to 1777;

- the island and the grass on it (was it farmland one ?).

correction of the two mission past them in the missions / war of 1812 folder

For the outpost 2 bug, i corrected it, just a line to add in the mission.cfg : https://www.dropbox.com/s/w454zdtgatbijy2/outpost%202.niagara.pbo?dl=0

Conjocta creek is corrected: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck9s3cuiv2snfov/conjocta%20Creek.niagara.pbo?dl=0

for the grass it's the berghoff and sled88 work for I44. I am happy that you like the 1777 flashback because i will certainly add more american war of independence addon to this mod for more mission

Great. Another point is that most of the missions are only playable on recruit ("élève") difficulty level, because on Veteran you don't see any waypoints markings.

Great. Another point is that most of the missions are only playable on recruit ("élève") difficulty level, because on Veteran you don't see any waypoints markings.

interresting i don't see how to correct that :(