ArmaMan360

[SP] Al Inteqam (The Revenge) - Random Missions

..... and share the PBO's with you., cuz they are yours, i only move markers here and there :P

That is fine man. You can keep them as many versions as you like and enjoy! :)

I wont be able to take out enough time to dePbo and fine tune stuff. Honestly I am exhausted till I donno when to port it elsewhere. :)

Ports:

Kunduz (Quite fast one indeed)

Takistan (rly like this one)

Thank you very much. I will be posting it in the main thread :D

P.S.: That needs AiA:TP and not CUP right?

Thank you very much. I will be posting it in the main thread :D

P.S.: That needs AiA:TP and not CUP right?

CUP only for Takista

Kunduz is standalone (edited, my bad)

Maybe i'll add Bon infantry recruit to both missions later... when my daughter go to bed... 

Kunduz shouldn't require any map packs.

Yeah thanks. Updated main post :D

Yeah thanks

No problem. I know this because I accidently made AiA a dependency for a mission I had on the map once. LOL!

Mith86arg, are you planning on making any of the ports compatible with any middle eastern enemies by chance? I currently really like CAF aggressors (though it's really old) but CUP's Takistani units are looking real nice. Not sure if they're included in the current release or not but their teaser image for the upcoming release has me drooling.

• Like 1

Is any one having any problems in the eliminate mortar squad mission? Do let me know before the next release.

No problem. I know this because I accidently made AiA a dependency for a mission I had on the map once. LOL!

Mith86arg, are you planning on making any of the ports compatible with any middle eastern enemies by chance? I currently really like CAF aggressors (though it's really old) but CUP's Takistani units are looking real nice. Not sure if they're included in the current release or not but their teaser image for the upcoming release has me drooling.

No ATM, i just want to port the missions and add some structures around to justify the presence of an enemy base marker there... i like how things works with those default units right now plus want to keep missions scripts intact.

Im working on modding the scripts for personal use, yes, bue is a really slow WIP, have a 3 months baby, work and little time to spend in ARMA :(

Is any one having any problems in the eliminate mortar squad mission? Do let me know before the next release.

Indeed, i have a problem with that mission, killed operators but no task complete msg... was thinking on place some bombs at the mortar locations, but i failed (died before reach the last mortar position lol... those damn helos)

• Like 1

Hey ArmaMan360,

here is an updated version of your description.ext. That should remove the startup error which says mission script bla bla...

author="TheKhan";
OnLoadName = "Al Inteqam";
OnLoadMission = "Free the island off NATO!";
loadScreen = "loadscreen.jpg";
overviewPicture = "loadscreen.jpg";

#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\common.hpp"
#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\recruitment.hpp"
#include "ATM_airdrop\dialog.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
    #include "JSHK_fncs\cfgFunctions.hpp"
};

class CfgSounds
{
   sounds[] = {Vent,Vent2,Para};

class Vent {name="Vent";sound[]={ATM_airdrop\data\Vent.ogg,db-11,1.0};titles[] = {};};
    class Vent2 {name="Vent2";sound[]={ATM_airdrop\data\Vent2.ogg,db-11,1.0};titles[] = {};};
    class Para {name="Para";sound[]={ATM_airdrop\data\parachute.ogg,db-11,1.0};titles[] = {};};
};

Btw: I am still waiting for the Workshop version :P

• Like 1

Indeed, i have a problem with that mission, killed operators but no task complete msg... was thinking on place some bombs at the mortar locations, but i failed (died before reach the last mortar position lol... those damn helos)

It mustn't happen. The mission end waituntil will only go off only if all the "gunners" of the arti are taken out. You dont need to take out the artillery units.Just need to remember which ones you took out. Working well here. btw I have changed their bombardment script a bit. :D

Hey ArmaMan360,

here is an updated version of your description.ext. That should remove the startup error which says mission script bla bla...

author="TheKhan";
OnLoadName = "Al Inteqam";
OnLoadMission = "Free the island off NATO!";
loadScreen = "loadscreen.jpg";
overviewPicture = "loadscreen.jpg";

#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\common.hpp"
#include "bon_recruit_units\dialog\recruitment.hpp"
#include "ATM_airdrop\dialog.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
    #include "JSHK_fncs\cfgFunctions.hpp"
};

class CfgSounds
{
   sounds[] = {Vent,Vent2,Para};

class Vent {name="Vent";sound[]={ATM_airdrop\data\Vent.ogg,db-11,1.0};titles[] = {};};
    class Vent2 {name="Vent2";sound[]={ATM_airdrop\data\Vent2.ogg,db-11,1.0};titles[] = {};};
    class Para {name="Para";sound[]={ATM_airdrop\data\parachute.ogg,db-11,1.0};titles[] = {};};
};

Btw: I am still waiting for the Workshop version :P

Thank you very much R3vo. You are an amazing friend :)

Here is your gift :P

Steam Workshop

Teaser for the next update is a new mission without any enemy infantry nor any weapon on you.. ;)

Enough riddle. Time to bust 'em bugs and prepare the curtains.. once again :D

• Like 1

I finally found the time to properly play around with this. And I must say, pretty impressive for a first mission! Congrats.
Didn't get to try all the mission types yet, but so far they've felt interesting. In fact, I'm heading back out there right after this post. 

I had some problems though. After starting a task I was occasionally teleported to back of a truck without my weapon, AI mates, and sometimes even without my pants. The truck drove right in the middle of a town occupied by enemies, but they didn't seem to mind me at all. I guess they thought I was just a harmless village idiot running around in nothing but my underwear and an NVG. After a while they started attacking me, and it turned out be pretty exciting; alone and unarmed in a hostile town trying to find a weapon. :D

Transportation was also an issue. Teleporting didn't work on my AI teammates, and a couple of times the pickup helicopter never came in, so I had to restart. And when I catch a ride from base, the helo just keeps going up and down, and won't head to the destination. :huh:

• Like 1

I finally found the time to properly play around with this. And I must say, pretty impressive for a first mission! Congrats.

Didn't get to try all the mission types yet, but so far they've felt interesting. In fact, I'm heading back out there right after this post. 

I had some problems though. After starting a task I was occasionally teleported to back of a truck without my weapon, AI mates, and sometimes even without my pants. The truck drove right in the middle of a town occupied by enemies, but they didn't seem to mind me at all. I guess they thought I was just a harmless village idiot running around in nothing but my underwear and an NVG. After a while they started attacking me, and it turned out be pretty exciting; alone and unarmed in a hostile town trying to find a weapon. :D

Transportation was also an issue. Teleporting didn't work on my AI teammates, and a couple of times the pickup helicopter never came in, so I had to restart. And when I catch a ride from base, the helo just keeps going up and down, and won't head to the destination. :huh:

Thank you very much for the review. The mission you are talking about is "Capture". It is the latest addition to the tasks and if you will read my edited first post or even the in game task details, it refers to a mission where you are caught and  taken to a city. You are their POW. I wont tell more than this. Play and you will find out. ;)It will fire the first time you play the mission. Similarly in the next update if a new mission is added, it will fire the first time and then every mission is random.

And I will turn off support modules in this very mission in the next update. You shouldnt call support when ur a POW :P

I guess thats the reason the transport didnt come in. It saw the enemies and ran away much before it could reach you. I will try further changing the uniform to solve the underpants problem.

AI not teleporting with player will be solved in next update. Cant believe how I missed that.

Thank you again Green. A lot of your snippets are lying deep in this mission  :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I just realized what was going on in 'Capture'. :) The task description was a little confusing because I wasn't teleported to the truck every time it started.

I'm going back in now. Wish me luck. I took off my pants voluntarily this time, for old time's sake.

• Like 2

Update V1.4:
Changelog:

1. New mission type "Like a Ghost" which will now fire the first time you play the mission
2. Optimized "Eliminate Arti Squad", "Defend", and "Caught" missions
3. Hopefully fixed: Loadout bug
4. Fixed: AI mates unable to teleport with player at the end of mission or to an HQ or at HALO
5. Edited HALO script to be extremely lightweight and hopefully error free

Enjoy and thanks for the wonderful response guys :D

• Like 1

Unable to get enough time to give to Arma these days.

Busy with life, work, and some other beautiful grognard wargames (Advanced Tactics Gold, Command Ops 2: Core Engine). ;)

This is not a dead project but put on hold for a while. Thinking about a new mission type these days to add to the arsenal ;)

• Like 1

Bug squashing time.

Update V1.4.1 hotfix:
Changelog:

1. Fixed: Like a ghost mission wouldnt spawn any enemies. Possibly  due to new Arma 3 update
2. Removed mission "Escape" for the time being till its fixed and bug free.
3. Several bug fixes. :D

• Like 1

Thanks Dude, love it!!  :)

Thank you. I am elated by your response :)

• Like 2

Update released with some bugfixes

• Like 2

Top!  :619:

Thank you very much. I am so happy that you are enjoying it :D

• Like 2

Loving this mission!

Problem with STEAM:
Cannot always RESUME play. Have to start all over again.

Is it possible to get this downloaded from Armaholic?

Thanks for your great work!

• Like 2

Loving this mission!

Problem with STEAM:

Cannot always RESUME play. Have to start all over again.

Is it possible to get this downloaded from Armaholic?

Thanks for your great work!

Thanks man.. i reeeeaalllyyyy appreciate your kind words. Have you tried the google drive download? Armaholic takes time to update hence i have removed it for the moment.

And try to play it without any mods enabled and see it you can reproduce the problem. Mods do interfere with missions at times. :)

• Like 1

After such a warm welcome to my mission, I am very happy to announce that the sequel to Al Inteqam is around the corner. Get the latest CUP terrains map pack. You will need it. :)

All possible with the community's help and support :)

EDIT: The sequel is released. Check my signature :)

• Like 1