ArmaMan360

[SP] Al Inteqam (The Revenge) - Random Missions

oh btw you are aware of the HALO jump right? :P

I did test that just now, and that is a fine stealthy approach :) Although having a car at the AO can have some benefits. For instance, I gathered some intel and on the way back to exfil I was attacked by an enemy recon squad. Buggers took me out, I thought that the mission had gone too easy up till that point, LOL

• Like 1

I did test that just now, and that is a fine stealthy approach :) Although having a car at the AO can have some benefits. For instance, I gathered some intel and on the way back to exfil I was attacked by an enemy recon squad. Buggers took me out, I thought that the mission had gone too easy up till that point, LOL

that WAS the whole idea ! :P

But like Rydygier mentioned in an earlier post, I will be adding some detail brief about each mission soon so that players dont dive into totally unknown areas :)

• Like 1

No I'm just saying how he uses it there. In your mod I'd rather like to see a map come up and an easy possibility to add/correct waypoints (best case). Transport chopper is important part of the immersion.

You can check for visibleMap (boolean) in order to do things. I.e. if user exits map and has added 1+ waypoints, your transport task would start.

Dont want to annoy you but can you help me with a snippet? I have no idea how to do the visibleMap and the waypoint thing and sync it with an inbuilt game module. :(

Currently I open the map right after pressing the 0>8 thing to call support, I do not press the 3 just yet, i zoom in / out to my heart's content and then press 3 followed by the preferred vehicle. That may be a work around till I figure things out.

Any chance to see this mission in the Workshop? It's currently flooded by zombie and survival stuff =/

Sure. I will figure how to post and update there. :)

• Like 1

Dont want to annoy you but can you help me with a snippet? I have no idea how to do the visibleMap and the waypoint thing and sync it with an inbuilt game module. :(

Ah I see, so would mean some work to do... I did never do waypoint scripting things myself so can't providea quick solution, but I think you need

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/openMap

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onMapSingleClick(on this event add waypoints)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addWaypoint

Maybe something like shk_pos for correcting to a valid landing position.

I don't know about the heli flying and landing process.

But well, if its too much work I think we can live with a workaround...

• Like 1

Ah I see, so would mean some work to do... I did never do waypoint scripting things myself so can't providea quick solution, but I think you need

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/openMap

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onMapSingleClick(on this event add waypoints)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addWaypoint

Maybe something like shk_pos for correcting to a valid landing position.

I don't know about the heli flying and landing process.

But well, if its too much work I think we can live with a workaround...

Ive just lookedinto Norrin's taxi script 

Will test it asap. Until then please use this method:

Open map, zoom/pan in/out do whatever you want, then call transport :)

• Like 1

Sure. I will figure how to post and update there. :)

You can upload/update your mission directly from within the editor, there should be small Steam icon at the top toolbar.

• Like 1

You can upload/update your mission directly from within the editor, there should be small Steam icon at the top toolbar.

Oww welll yess ofcourse. How dumb of me. Lol thanks

Gimme some time.

UPDATE V1.2 released:

Changelog:

1. Made changes to Destroy mortar squad. Should be tough now

2. Added the recruit AI option at the base flag

3. Replaced the virtual heli transport module with an actual AI heli at base as requested by community

4. Removed the repair script to avoid the error

Thank you.

• Like 1

Now this is currently "random missions" - please add the possibility to have the user choose current mission...

The last time I looked, not sure if in current versions, quad bikes could not be used, is that intended? Was never possible for me.

Also, transport heli is now at base and I think you cannot call it, because after mission you will be returned to base anyway... I think for flexibility (you never know what we crazy users are doing :-) we should still be able to call a transport heli. Because e.g. maybe I drive with a car to AO, but on half way I decide to call in a chopper :)...

Also, I always ask this, please open mission for debug script etc. This way we can make nice pictures with splendid cam, more flexibility as well. I sometimes alter global vars, you know what ArmA scripting is capable of.

Description.ext:

enableDebugConsole = 1;
  • Like 1

Now this is currently "random missions" - please add the possibility to have the user choose current mission...

The last time I looked, not sure if in current versions, quad bikes could not be used, is that intended? Was never possible for me.

Also, transport heli is now at base and I think you cannot call it, because after mission you will be returned to base anyway... I think for flexibility (you never know what we crazy users are doing :-) we should still be able to call a transport heli. Because e.g. maybe I drive with a car to AO, but on half way I decide to call in a chopper :)...

Also, I always ask this, please open mission for debug script etc. This way we can make nice pictures with splendid cam, more flexibility as well. I sometimes alter global vars, you know what ArmA scripting is capable of.

Description.ext:

enableDebugConsole = 1;

I can fulfil your enabledebug request (which is a fine idea as I always wanted the splendid camera to be enabled even while in Scenarios :D). I did unlock the quad bikes. The helicopter is as requested by you guys, on the base. It will respond to your calls anywhere on the map.

On the other hand, and like I have mentioned several times before, I possess very limited scripting knowledge. I remember you posting a thread which had something to do with X square value and stuff which was Jupiter language for me. lol

Al Inteqam is supposed to be a quick set of random missions for fun. Its like various HETMAN War Stories (credits to the amazingly talented Rydygier) missions stringed together. Thats the whole Idea of this. I wish to add a small dialogue "Random Missions" or "Manual Missions" but I honestly wouldnt want to dive too deep in it for the moment. I have seen several scripts trying to understand how to do the display box thing but it beats me. What I can do is make it purely Manually selected from addactions to an object or HQ entity and not optional.

But dont know how many people would like it. I'd put up a poll for that if I knew how to.

I am in no way capable of turning it into:

Main display "Random missions" or "Manual Missions";

if (user chooses Random Missions) then {
this;
else {this};

Not because I dont want to, but because I simply cant. The dialogue control wiki spins my head.

Can't be that difficult to change from random to selected missions. The random missions are basically defined in side_finder.sqf. What you'd need to do is, give the player an option to at the flagpole to change from random to selected missions. You could define a variable via addaction which prevents side_finder.sqf from beeing executed.

• Like 1

Can't be that difficult to change from random to selected missions. The random missions are basically defined in side_finder.sqf. What you'd need to do is, give the player an option to at the flagpole to change from random to selected missions. You could define a variable via addaction which prevents side_finder.sqf from being executed.

That is a fact. I'll turn this into a manually selected mission series now. I'll post it as a separate file here itself so I'll give both the option to the players :)

I'd personally not create 2 seperate missions for that, it's easy enough to integrate that into the current version. If you need help, you know where to ask ;)

• Like 1

Just some feedback - a couple of days ago I was tasked to "clear area of incoming threat" I think it was called. Fine, I load up and get going to some town, really nice pretty place you selected :)

At some trigger point, I am told that there now are 67 enemies left to handle. I was like WTF? That was almost the number of bullets I had brought with me hehe. So I saved and turned it into a challenge on how to fight off those waves with various means. I put up explosive charges on some of their routes, took up a high ground position and called in air support and so on. Just wanted to acknowledge it's a nice challenge and no, I haven't cleared all of them yet :)

• Like 2

Just some feedback - a couple of days ago I was tasked to "clear area of incoming threat" I think it was called. Fine, I load up and get going to some town, really nice pretty place you selected :)

At some trigger point, I am told that there now are 67 enemies left to handle. I was like WTF? That was almost the number of bullets I had brought with me hehe. So I saved and turned it into a challenge on how to fight off those waves with various means. I put up explosive charges on some of their routes, took up a high ground position and called in air support and so on. Just wanted to acknowledge it's a nice challenge and no, I haven't cleared all of them yet :)

Thank you for the amazing feedback. I have almost finished a new mission type and you guys are gonna love it ;)

Its a tease for the moment. Internet isnt working at home due to municipal s*** digging out wires and what not aghh. I'll test it finally tonight and release tomorrow from workplace  :P

I'd personally not create 2 seperate missions for that, it's easy enough to integrate that into the current version. If you need help, you know where to ask ;)

R3vo the thing is that I can add 12 addactions to an object at Base for each mission, so it'll be able to run that very mission's sqf which is piece of cake. But running a parallel script in init where its like the if then else honestly beats me brother :(

You gotta help me on that by all means :D

Thank you.

Share the code already R3vo :P

Update V1.3:
Changelog

1. New mission type "Escape" which will fire the first time you play the mission
2. Cleaned up the mission files to remove unnecessary code
3. Fixed: Sniper mission bug where mission would complete at -1 kills

Thanks

Love this! ty for your work... 

Are you planing on release a Nato soldiers version?

• Like 1

Love this! ty for your work... 

Are you planing on release a Nato soldiers version

Thank you very much for the kind words. :)

There was a similar request some time back but honestly I am somewhere between a noob and intermediate scripter. I know all the frustration I had to go through while bringing this in the current form :P

Switching everything from OPFOR to BLUFOR would be too much for me and I am sure I will have to alt tab out for weeks to correct script errors. lol

The purpose was that IMO, CSAT faction is hugely undermined and there are loads of NATO scenarios already around. My vision is making Al Inteqam as anti-cliché as possible. Prolly even make an INDFOR version too but that is a distant reality at the moment.

Hope you would understand it . And thank you again. Follow this thread I will be coming up with numerous new types of missions in future ;)

Thank you. :D

• Like 1

I know how alt tabbing feels hahaha, i know about scripts a lot less than you, it's ok mate! i really enjoy the mission "as is", just suscribed !  :) 

• Like 1

I know how alt tabbing feels hahaha, i know about scripts a lot less than you, it's ok mate! i really enjoy the mission "as is", just suscribed !  :) 

Much appreciated. Wont disappoint the community in future updates. Some great ideas bumpin in my mind ;)

Next update will have debugconsole enabled. Why? Coz we love the Splendid Camera and its screenshots ^^ (also requested by tortuosit earlier)

• Like 1

Ported your mission to Kunduz and dude... is a blast!  ;) 

I can only imagine the trouble those 90+ markers would have given you.. :(

Oh and thanks again :)

• Like 1

Nah! i'll do Takistan too, add some bases to both maps (need to justify some 'bases' locations lol) and share the PBO's with you., cuz they are yours, i only move markers here and there :P

Im triying to "swap" forces too, but that's a secondary job.

• Like 1