Vasily.B

Issues I would like BI to fix

what is your goal here vasily?

Read once again my post.....Read forum rules...... then reply.

Rules are simple - not create duplicate of thread. They are already opened.

Tickets (Some of them) are made by me, but "original" are by other users, i just refreshed them and given more details to reproduce, created better description. About "here and now"... 2 years is enough of waiting dont you think? For goddamm moving fature.

How is a thread collecting everything into one place so it's addressed more easily a duplicate thread? Tell me about it.

I'm sure if you post a thread of that kind, nobody will delete / lock it. It's all your imagination, man.

As for fixing... you're not a BI dev, you can only speculate how easy / hard it'd be to fix A or B. You know, with a complex engine as Arma 3's, fixing A and B will probably break C, D, F, G and T.

That's just how gamedev is. Can't escape it.

How is a thread collecting everything into one place so it's addressed more easily a duplicate thread? Tell me about it.

I'm sure if you post a thread of that kind, nobody will delete / lock it. It's all your imagination, man.

As for fixing... you're not a BI dev, you can only speculate how easy / hard it'd be to fix A or B. You know, with a complex engine as Arma 3's, fixing A and B will probably break C, D, F, G and T.

That's just how gamedev is. Can't escape it.

RULES (Righ down part of screen)

"

Search before posting:

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting, to make sure that it has not already been asked and answered. Searching the forums before posting will help prevent duplicate posts, which may result in you being able to find what you are looking for much faster."

My imagination heh?

My goal? I'm jujst defending against sensles answers.

As for A,B,C,D,E.... I just sayed that Basis should be finished before releasing game, then all content as next.

I don't feel your behavior deserves any attention. You have no etiquette, you are a member of this forum since a whopping 4 months, already got warned, your posts (and signature btw) spread nothing but anger and negativity.

It's not really the issues you adress, off course it would be cool if those things would work and I also have doubts in BIS decisions sometimes. But: It's your comments and presentation that are unjust and misguided. You don't know shit about how this game works, otherwise you'd be in this very thread asking questions about how maybe this or that would help you on your mission to create an addon that makes tanks go backwards coz it's so fucking important to YOU. You remind me of those guys who don't get into the club and then start arguing about it with the bouncer, disrespecting the staff and eventually leaving in shame. If you do not like this game, your comments are better off on YouTube where objectivity is not a core value and you have a bunch of fuccbois who actually take your side. Thumbing down any A3 content is also a popular way to deal with the issues you are facing. At the end, you did pay 30$ for that.

If I get warned for this, I apologize but it is worth it.

And yet he is right. Some of the issues mentioned *are* serious enough to be worth a look at (hell, the never-reversing ai drivers are so annoying). And they have been pointed out in the forum and on the bug tracker multiple times. Making yet another thread about it won't suddenly make BIS care about it more.

Sadly, I don't expect any fixes while the expansion is in development, as it seems to focus more on water and air, which are areas where tanks aren't that important.

Thing is, I wouldn't really care that much about most of these issues (except for ai reverse-driving) if you could drive a tank alone more efficient. Not having to switch between driver and gunner all the time, etc. but this won't happen either. So we are stuck with only semi-working tanks that - if you want them to be as effective as possible - should stay a big stationary turret as much as possible or need to be highly scripted by the mission creator.

There are so many broken issues with Land Vehicles especially when trying to use AI, you have to write missions in such a way as not to make them a critical part of the game and provide multiple alternates to provide work a rounds for when they fail.

It feels as if no one want to take up the issues and would rather do anything other than try to fix them, I kind of do the same with my end of the year accounts I'll put them off as long as I can but there is a dead line and they will have to be done at some point.

BIS don't have this deadline so I suspect it will be put off for as long as possible..

• Like 2

Im playing this game since OFP, and i am angry? No! I just answered questions! This is why this forum exists! Search my profile you find questions - im making 2 addons. I had account here lonog time ago, this is new. This is why i know rules - beacuse i tried every suggestion you given to me. I argued enough, and will not continue sensless discussion - last word must be yours i guess. "You remind me of those guys who don't get into the club and then start arguing about it with the bouncer, disrespecting the staff and eventually leaving in shame." What? Man you are writing im  "spread nothing but anger and negativity."  - watch your own posts - I didnt disrespect anyone.

About tank reversing.
I know there is option to control tank like on BF (autodriver) - to be driver and gunner in same time - i know its unrealistic, but its the only way to control tank combat effective, AND REVERSE when there is need. I'm trying to polish that, maybe next week i release this little addon. For now it drop many errors (too many).

Actually I do need to rephrase a little bit. Let me emphasize that I agree with you on any of your A3 related ideas. I wish all these issues would be adressed too.

Most here probably do. But mate I think your reports would really benefit if they came in a more positive package. You did not directly 'disrespect the staff' of course, but the sum of posts/signature/linked trackers carry a lot of words like 'useless', 'stupid', 'unacceptable', 'money' and 'back' - those can actually be perceived as pretty aggressive and insulting and maybe you also seem immune to any explanation that does not 'fix it'. I'm not saying you should sugarcoat everything you say, but after a few lines of a great start you sort of bombed this thread with an attached bundle of total warfare and turned it into a 1.5 page rant about your personal opinion. Just make your relevant suggestions, pray for the Arma gods and you are golden. :) Dunno... maybe you see this, maybe you don't.

Important things, like the size of BIS vs the scale of A3 and others have been noted. It is clear that they need to have priorities and these may or may not overlap with any of the varying individual tastes of an incredibly diverse community. We agree that things like tank reversing and your other very valid examples are somewhat 'core-features'. But we also know that with this thing so huge we call it "Armaverse" (wtf), BIS will be forced to set a focus. No need to agree, but I think Arma is so huge that it's number of 'core features' is completely out of proportion compared to other games that seem pto 'just work' because they are actually crazy restricted.

We can roll eyes when they hit us with marsians and a go-Carts DLC but meanwhile tanks still fly->damage tracks->dismount->get shot and all the other hilarity. But they work hard on other things too, things that maybe you and me would consider more relevant. I guess the majority of the game's community has accepted this phenomenon and there's so many gameModes and units to find whatever you need to get your investment back gazillionfold and have a laugh at all the bizarre things this thing has to offer too.

One day, the update will contain working tanks, but I'm damn sure that on the same day someone will blast in here and inform everybody how shitty life is right now.

• Like 6

I know, sorry if i was understanded in diferent way that i was wanted it. Problem is ... this priorities. I was gentle asking, it didnt worked, i have been banned. Then again, i asked gently - again ban. So now i'm writing what i feel without gentle. :)

I know, sorry if i was understanded in diferent way that i was wanted it. Problem is ... this priorities. I was gentle asking, it didnt worked, i have been banned. Then again, i asked gently - again ban. So now i'm writing what i feel without gentle. :)

Well man, that's fine. It must be a total coincidence that not even 1h after you posted this, a russian-flag-avatar on youtube (happens to love GTA) wrote this on my add-on's YouTube videos:

Way too many buttons to remember. Suppression command doesn't work. Totally useless for commanding tanks. This mod sucks.

But then again, maybe it's just a coincidence ;) Could totally be a coincidence.. With the flag and the name and the timing and the GTA vid's and writing-style and the complaint about... guess what TANKS not working  :D.

Be it as it may, best of luck with your strategies.

You do realize being rude and spitting CAPS LOCK in all directions won't force the devs to work on shit you see as important faster than ever, right?

All takes time. Yes, BIS, like all of us, have made mistakes, even when setting their priorities straight, but let's give them another chance.

What I don't known is that, when they will (if they ever do) fix those minor issues. If these are very deeply rooted issues than fixing should be ASAP, because it will require more and more effort later.

I read the dev change log every day and sometimes when i read:

• Tweaked: Dog and sheep animation configs
  • Fixed: Goat walk / run animation files were swapped

or 

• Tweaked: Animation config for snake to provide basic ability to override the snake's default idling and use scripting commands to handle its behavior

I wondering how could these have higher priorities than those which e.g. Vasily.B mentioned.

• Like 1

What I don't known is that, when they will (if they ever do) fix those minor issues. If these are very deeply rooted issues than fixing should be ASAP, because it will require more and more effort later.

or 

• Tweaked: Animation config for snake to provide basic ability to override the snake's default idling and use scripting commands to handle its behavior

I wondering how could these have higher priorities than those which e.g. Vasily.B mentioned.

FIY, there are animators / animation programmers who work solely on anims, thjeir integration into the engine, etc. Most of the issues Vasilly mentions require attention of engine / gameplay / AI programmers.

I'm sure they're currently implementing new stuff for the upcoming expansion instead of tackling old issues / hunting bugs.

I'm quite sure that when a programmer is working on some code he can at the same time do small bug fixes like that. They are not worth the time to dig up and fix but when the programmer is in the code anyway they get fixed. I guess?

or 

I suspect the real reason is they can't but won't admit it, they can't possibly believe there's nothing wrong after seeing years of complaints and youtube videos.

• Like 1

I'm quite sure that when a programmer is working on some code he can at the same time do small bug fixes like that. They are not worth the time to dig up and fix but when the programmer is in the code anyway they get fixed. I guess?

Guys, on behalf of all of us here - all the assumptions why, when and who are total speculation, that's for sure.

I'd like to believe BIS' management is pretty good because DnA isn't a typical manager / project lead who has no idea how things work under the hood - he's worked on the franchise for years, accumulated lots of great experience, etc.

@andersson: no, programmers usually specialize and they're given a certain subset of tasks regarding a large engine (RV engine is big, no doubt). Assigning gameplay programmers to AI bugs will be a waste of time because they'll have to analyze an internal system from scratch, tweak and test it independently.

Instead, they could be working on gameplay features, for example, inventory or new scripting command hardcoded implementation. That's why you always have programmers with a specific focus - they can handle bugs of that area quick and in quality, not breaking the other parts they're not aware of.

When working with engines, know-it-alls aren't that valuable. People concentrated on an area and master it. Well, that's my POV [ coder's ] on the subject.

• Like 1

So idea is simple (somehow already created in ACE 3);

- CHANGE behavior .fsm  of tank crews - when they are in "combat" mode (automatic, when detect enemy), they should have applied "allowcrewinimmobile", when enemy isnt visible ( "danger" behavior), ONE crewman disembarks to repair vehicle, while rest of crew stays in it.

I am sorry for typing this while being slightly inebriated but are you sure this is done through the danger.fsm or is it done though an external script and you just dont know what you are talking about?

I am sorry for typing this while being slightly inebriated but are you sure this is done through the danger.fsm or is it done though an external script and you just dont know what you are talking about?

Well.... actually Bcombat have changed .fsm files and they did good thing, i believe in vehicles this can be done the same (beacuse its already near the perfect, just need little polishing - create mechanic class, and little polish on behavior order). Besides that i'm giving suggestion for fixing something - it isnt bad, isnt it?

Well.... actually Bcombat have changed .fsm files and they did good thing, i believe in vehicles this can be done the same (beacuse its already near the perfect, just need little polishing - create mechanic class, and little polish on behavior order). Besides that i'm giving suggestion for fixing something - it isnt bad, isnt it?

When providing feedback or suggestions, you should at least get a background in that particular area, explore the shit by yourself.

It's not clear what kind of mechanic class you're talking about, etc. You have no idea how things work under the hood. Creating that class for AI would require lots of adjustments in unit configs, etc.

There's more important things going on now.

When providing feedback or suggestions, you should at least get a background in that particular area, explore the shit by yourself.

It's not clear what kind of mechanic class you're talking about, etc. You have no idea how things work under the hood. Creating that class for AI would require lots of adjustments in unit configs, etc.

There's more important things going on now.

Actually ace 3 team have done that in less than month......