cleggy

M1117 Guardian ASV light armored vehicle

I would like the crew to be able to turn out but:

1) potential for clipping issues with the turret for the driver and commander.

In RL I think the turret is either rotated or the barrels elevated when turned out -

can't get the AI to know that!

2) I would need to do some more custom animations and I'm only just getting into that.

3) I would need to do some more modelling for the interior because more of it is visible

if you look around while turned out.

so in short - yes, no, maybe  :)

I know in some of the RHS tanks (The Russian ones) the turret will automatically move up and out of the way if the driver is turned out

Even if just the gunner could turn out it would really help with situational awareness

Still, love the mod anyway :)

The Armored vehicle is great 

Thanks for the replies!

I know in some of the RHS tanks (The Russian ones) the turret will automatically move up and out of the way if the driver is turned out

FOUL! Referee! - waiving RHS functionality in my face is just SO unfair!

I think they're just 'showing off' tbh... 

Once I fix the original errors in the first release maybe I'll have a play around with it ... no promises tho'.

The Armored vehicle is great 

Appreciated, but THE Armored vehicle?  :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies!

FOUL! Referee! - waiving RHS functionality in my face is just SO unfair!

I think they're just 'showing off' tbh... 

Once I fix the original errors in the first release maybe I'll have a play around with it ... no promises tho'.

Appreciated, but THE Armored vehicle?  :D

I'm pretty sure the turret disabling is a config parameter, i remember A2 vanilla abrams had that too.

Good job though, been thinking of working on it myself for some time but never had the chance. :)

Bug report, when firing the M2 the smoke/steam whatever it is escaping from the barrel comes out of the grenade launcher's barrel. Besides that haven't noticed any bugs, great mod! For anyone out there with the know-how (yeah... not me), it'd be cool to see cleggy's M1117 with an Afghan flag flying off it somewhere. The M1117 is the backbone of the ANA's armored force, and in most of the images I've seen of ANA M1117s, the only difference between a standard M1117 is an Afghan flag flying somewhere.

MSFV_Mobile_Strike_Force_Vehicles_armour

450x360_q95.jpg

Thanks for the replies!

been thinking of working on it myself for some time but never had the chance. :)

I'm not surprised, with your current workload!

Bug report, when firing the M2 the smoke/steam whatever it is escaping from the barrel comes out of the grenade launcher's barrel.

The M1117 is the backbone of the ANA's armored force, and in most of the images I've seen of ANA M1117s, the only difference between a standard M1117 is an Afghan flag flying somewhere.

Appreciate the feedback, I am aware of the smoke bug - I just don't know how to fix it!

The vehicle in the pictures you posted is actually the long wheel base version (the extra window along the side is the clue) - but oddly enough I am doing some preliminary work on that version, which will hopefully give me a base for some other variants - with or without flags!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies!

I'm not surprised, with your current workload!

Appreciate the feedback, I am aware of the smoke bug - I just don't know how to fix it!

The vehicle in the pictures you posted is actually the long wheel base version (the extra window along the side is the clue) - but oddly enough I am doing some preliminary work on that version, which will hopefully give me a base for some other variants - with or without flags!

Thanks for the reply, and I wish you the best of luck in your mod-making endeavors :)

Hello.

Just have to say that this Vehicle is amazing in game. We have used this in Task Force Razor ever since you released it and it is a game changer for Light Infantry in our missions. I do understand that it is not finished but we love this vehicle. The only question I have so far is there any plans on moving over to make the Stryker ICV and all its variants for Arma 3. The Arma 2 Port is out but it hasnt been updated with suspension or re-textured for Arma 3. I look at both of the Vehicles you have made the Ridgeback and M1117 Guardian ( we have both in our mod pack and love them.) and they are both amazing and well needed in Arma 3. We at TFR are just wondering if there is one mod maker out there that has your level of expertise to make these Styrker ICV's. Thank you and please keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Wow, easy with the compliments, mate, or I may just have to start asking for money! :D

I'm glad Task Force Razor has found a use for my stuff, thank you for that, but

Game Changer? ... that's very worrying, they're meant to blend in so no-one notices

the rather shoddy workmanship!

They say that 'flattery will get you everywhere' but in the case of the Stryker family,

no, I have no plans in that direction at the moment, I tend to like modelling stuff that isn't very well represented.

I think the Strykers have been pretty much sorted by the likes of DeltaGamer and the 'good old boys' at CUP

all of whom are far better than me at this sort of thing.

Ok, I removed everything but CBA and ACE3 and the 50 cal works fine. Now I have to add all of my mod's to see which one is conflicting with your vehicles. I did get an error though with just CBA and ACE3. It had to do with the Commander's Optics.....

did you figure out which one it was im having the same problem

Sorry to hear you're having problems - not entirely unexpected tbh :)

Are you getting the commanderOptics error and the 50 cal error?

Also I'm not able to replicate this without knowing what mods you're running.

Can you give me a clue where to look?

Cheers

Hi, are you okay with making re-textures for private use? I have been thinking of making a AAF camo variant.

Hi, are you okay with making re-textures for private use? I have been thinking of making a AAF camo variant.

I have no problem with that at all! ... how would I know? :)

You can even release it if you want.

I think I've set it up correctly with hidden selections:

camo1 = the basic hull

camo2 = the bolt on armour

camo3 = the turret

camo4 = the wheels and suspension

My memory isn't what it was tho' so I may have got those in the wrong order :wacko:

- but that's part of the fun right?

I have no problem with that at all! ... how would I know? :)

You can even release it if you want.

I think I've set it up correctly with hidden selections:

camo1 = the basic hull

camo2 = the bolt on armour

camo3 = the turret

camo4 = the wheels and suspension

My memory isn't what it was tho' so I may have got those in the wrong order :wacko:

- but that's part of the fun right?

Thanks for the hidden selections info mate :)

That looks blooming marvellous!

but:

a) How did you do it so quickly?

b)  Why did I think a geometric camo couldn't be done? :D

That looks blooming marvellous!

but:

a) How did you do it so quickly?

B)  Why did I think a geometric camo couldn't be done? :D

I just exported the desert camo variant to a TGA format and opened it in GIMP. I made to layers with the AAF camo. The first layers uses multiply, the second layer uses screen blend. Then I cut out the parts I don't want to have camo (Number plate, windows, e.g.)

Sorry to hear you're having problems - not entirely unexpected tbh :)

Are you getting the commanderOptics error and the 50 cal error?

Also I'm not able to replicate this without knowing what mods you're running.

Can you give me a clue where to look?

Cheers

sorry i didnt check to see if you answered me, it was the 50 cal error and the mod was blastcore tracers A3 fox fort edit from the steam workshop

I just .....

Oh, you just did you? ...That would have taken me weeks!

Thanks for the detailed explanation, hope you're going to share it once you're happy with it!

sorry i didnt check to see if you answered me, it was the 50 cal error and the mod was blastcore tracers A3 fox fort edit from the steam workshop

Thanks for the feedback, no need to apologise , we are not all on here 24/7.

The error may be caused by the fact that (for reasons best know to myself)  I have used a 'modified'

M2 that inherits from the default. Maybe if I switch back to vanilla it would sort it out... possibly, maybe.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, hope you're going to share it once you're happy with it!

The error may be caused by the fact that (for reasons best know to myself)  I have used a 'modified'

M2 that inherits from the default. Maybe if I switch back to vanilla it would sort it out... possibly, maybe.

that's nice to hear hope you figure it out so i can enjoy this great mod more

Hi, I have improved the AAF texture.

I am not to sure about the flag on the side.

http://imgur.com/a/oAOsv

Here is a link to the .PAA files:https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzdpU8GtpZG6OVZLMGVTNThHQnc&usp=sharing

• Like 6

I have  to say that looks bloody marvelous !

SO suits the vanilla units eh ?

Hi, I love this vehicle. Great job!

Jelskipro, that's a great reskin too!

Jelskipro maybe use a AAF  roundel or low visibility flag instead of a high visibility flag but other then that amazing texture 

Jelskipro maybe use a AAF  roundel or low visibility flag instead of a high visibility flag but other then that amazing texture 

Great idea. I will look into it soon.