Hello all,

So I have been working on this mission for some time now, and at one point, I want this hint to come up and tell the player information regarding the objective.

The player essentially has to chase a POI for a period of time.  If the player gets a certain distance away from the POI, the mission fails (this part is already working).  I would like to notify the player that they must keep within 50 meters, thus needing to use the hint.

I looked up how to use the function BIS_fnc_advHint and found some good posts regarding the topic, such as this one.  So I copied and pasted the example that darkdruid had confirmed to work and pasted this into my description.ext on an empty mission:

class CfgHints
{
    class test1
    {
        displayName = "thisisatest";

class test2
        {
            arguments[] = {};
            description = "test Information text";
            displayName = "test Information";
            tip = "test test test";
        };
    };
};

and then this into a radio trigger:

[["test1", "test2"]] call BIS_fnc_advHint;  

However, I am getting the error "Hint 'CfgHints >> test1 >> test2' does not exist

Does anyone have any idea why this could be the case?  It should work as I directly copied and pasted it into the description.ext (to remove risk of incorrectly typing something).

Another question.  Is there a way to display this hint only if the player fails when chasing the target for the first time?  I.e. when the chase starts, the player gets more than 50 meters away from the POI, resulting in a mission failure.  They restart to their last save (it autosaves right before the chase), and then the hint will display.  

Thanks for any assistance you guys can offer.

EDIT: Alright, I have no idea why, but it is working now.  Disregard this post as I figure out how to delete this.