Lala14

Lala14 WIP Thread

Please read the first post before choosing  

10 members have voted

1. 1. In regards to the targeting pod

• Release the current mod without the model (even though there is already a version out that is basically the same without some little extras)
    • Forget about the current method and pursue oukej's method instead
    • Wait for someone to offer help to get the model working as it should
  2. 2. In regards to the calculator

• Release it as it is even though it may not be complete and may produce errors and change/fix things with feedback
    • Wait until I'm content and release it
    • I actually find this to be useless and something I would not want to use

Hey so you've clicked onto my thread, thanks!

I have two things that I would like to know what you would like.

Before we get started please understand that I don't really have that much time to work on these things so I will only proceed with the most wanted answer from both questions.

Long and kind of detailed part of my first question:

First up in regards to the current targeting pod addon/script, Mansnooper has made an addon of the scripted version however I'm currently waiting on getting the model to work correctly in game. However recently oukej had suggested another route, this way basically there will be no longer a UAV which basically means that one of the key features that I believe is something I would want which is the ability to connect to someone else's targeting pod will be lost. If you would like this the way it will act will be exactly like Firewill's F-16 addon. Basically the entireity of the script will become useless and a waste and instead will result to possibly a couple of lines of code in the end to help make that method to work.

And the part at which people may not want to read 3 lines of possible bad grammar.

Basically because I can't get the model to work as it should and nobody seems to be able to help me out would you rather have the scripted version become a mod or would you rather see the whole concept removed and see instead something that works like Firewill's F-16 or if possible see if someone may offer their help to finally finish the model and get the addon version sent out.

Second question.

I've recently fixed up an old addon of mine that I had never released to the public, however it's not fully complete but the core of it is (basically it is complete I guess). I was wondering if I should fix/add these in until I'm content (which could be forever) or release it now and take feedback in. This addon is basically calculator that calculates the angle at which one should fire their artillery/mortar piece, although I know that majority of people will find this useless it adds in a bit of realism in a sense I guess, it's not like the artillery computer, basically you'll enter the distance, select you're firemode and it will give you information, which are currently the suitable modes for such distance and how long it will be until the shell lands and of course the the angle at which to fire.

Here is a picture of it in its current state I guess.

2uUsFo9.jpg

ixzMJur.jpg

Thanks for reading and please don't hesitate to respond and share your thoughts. I am also currently a bit tired and frustrated (got a big headache) while writing this so if anything looks off then that's the reason why.

• Like 2

All right since it seems like the vote for the TGP is to wait for someone to help fix it I'll just leave this here.

As a suggestion, please change your thread title to indicate what this thread about. As at present its somewhat ambiguous. 

• Like 1

TBH I have no idea what to name it. I really just wanted to know what people would like me to do.

TBH I have no idea what to name it. I really just wanted to know what people would like me to do.

Well perhaps call it lala14 WIP thread, more sensible than the current title

• Like 1

If you really want to do something for the community, then go for it. But it all really depends on what your heart or mind is really set on. :)

Hey lala

I just saw this topic now. I don't suggest to use a model at all. Because if you make a real model of any targeting pod system available in the real world like SNIPER, you got to attach it to it's real position on the jets and that's not always possible as far as I see with current plane addons. Like attaching it over a missile pylon while that missile is already there!!!

And worst case is attaching that to helos. Where do you think you can put that?!!

I really suggest you if you want to make a real change to this system, don't waste your time for a real model. Because it's useful only when it's not visible. Current problem is Darter legs and throttles visibility in camera view, that means whole of it's model.

I suggest to make a simple 3d shape like an small cube just to show where the camera is and of course out of camera FOV ; and after attaching it to desired position, just make it invisible with that option which you already made in the script file. Some of planes or choppers already have none-functional cameras or targeting pods on their models like Pook based  EF-2000s so we can (I'll do it in your behalf  :P ) just set up the camera position on them and it's done. So modeling is not matter.

If you want to expand current system I have some ideas:

- Make it possible to hear radar warning for incoming missiles or lock-ons when pilot is looking through TGP camera and/or be able to release flares or exit camera and do that

- Make it possible to switch weapons/ fire / control the plane while looking through TGP camera

- Find the reason of weird performance issue that I already messaged you about 

Don't get sad or tired of what you are doing here. You have all of my respect here because I know how much necessary it was and worth for ArmA3 however I can't play online even for a second :D  

... and how did you changed the thread title?!! I have one to change but couldn't find any option about it  :lol:

if you go to edit the original post it should say topic title and then a box or something like that near the top of the page.

• Like 1