ACPL Jon

PSZ: Polskie Sily Zbrojne (Polish Armed Forces)

"PSZ: POLISH ARMED FORCES"

psz_logo_512.png

SITREP

PSZ: Polish Armed Forces is a mod project focusing on adding a high quality, realistic modern Polish Army faction. 

This means we plan to recreate in-game most of the currently used Polish Army equipment, including of course most of the signature weapons,

vehicles and units, like Beryl, MSBS and Tor rifles, Rosomak APCs, Leopard and Twardy tanks, Sokol helicopters, etc.

The SECOND version just got released, so why won't you give it a try?

THE FUTURE

The general idea is to release the mod as soon as the base is ready, then build upon it, until we have everything one could ask for in terms of realistic Polish Armed Forces faction(s).  Initial plan includes PKW 2010 faction with weapons, infantry and some vehicles, which then should be supported by following Special Forces, PKW "Motorpool" and also the 2020-ish PKW faction updates. 2020(-ish) faction will be there to include the newest weaponry polish military industry is trying to incorporate, like MSBS Radon assault rifle, Negev LMG and possibly more, like ATGM Rosomak APC variant.

Mod requires CBA (for ASDG Joint Rails, for example) and at this moment we are thinking about incorporating MRT Accessory Functions and Weapon EventHandler Framework for greatest possible immersion and level of realism. Also because we want everything to depict real-life counterparts and their behaviour as much as possible, while keeping the best possible visual and technical quality. 

SECOND RELEASE

Happy Easter, eh?

Please bear in mind that it's STILL an ALPHA release, which means there's tons of stuff missing and that the stuff that IS present may need further polishing,
not everything (or rather, nothing) might be final. Realistic expectations are a key to happiness and thus we suggest to take that approach :)

Current mod version is ALFA 068.1103; and it contains:

===EQUIPMENT===
- wz.2010 Crye uniforms, in both woodland and desert camo
- UKO-M vests, including both camo's, light, heavy and headset versions
- Kontraktor vests, in both camo's
- wz.2005 helmets, including different camo and ESS goggle's variants
- Boonie Hats, in both woodland and desert camo
- Berets, of different branches of the polish military
- Basic Backpacks, in both camo's

===ACCESSORIES===
- Eotech M552 close-combat optics
- PCS-5M Gabro ranged-combat optics with night vision (NV is a built-in option)
- Leupold Mk.4 sniper scopes

===WEAPONS===
- wz.96A, wz.96B and wz.96C (aka wz.04) versions of Beryl rifles, including a wz.74 Pallad and GBPO-40 GL variants
- wz.96B and wz.96C (aka wz.04) versions of Mini-Beryl rifles
- extra variants of Beryl rifles with transparent plastic mags, in which You can see depleting ammo
- MSBS Radon, including both 256 and 406 barrel, normal and handgrip versions
- UKM-2000 light machine gun, including a RIS railed version
- PKM light machine gun
- Alex sniper rifle
- Tor high-caliber anti-materiel sniper rifle
- RPG-7V anti-tank launcher
- Spike LR ATGM launcher
- GROM anti-air launcher
- Wist-94L pistol
- P99 pistol

===VEHICLES===

- Tumak-2 HMMWV cars, both armed and unarmed
- STAR 944 trucks
- M97 Zbik recon vehicle

For the time being, PSZ: PAF mod REQUIRES CBA 3.2.1 or newer to work.

DOWNLOAD
- PSZ Mod v0.68.1103 @ ArmACenter.PL
- PSZ Mod v0.68.1103 @ ModDB
- PSZ Mod v0.68.1103 @ Goggle Drive

psz_promo_26s.jpgpsz_promo_30s.jpg
 psz_promo_28s.jpgpsz_promo_40s.jpg 
psz_promo_34s.jpgpsz_promo_32s.jpg 
psz_promo_39s.jpgpsz_promo_35s.jpg

USEFUL LINKS

- ArmACenter.PL (home of the PSZ Team)
- ModDB profile of the PSZ project
- FaceBook profile of the PSZ project
- Official PSZ Gallery on Imgur

CREDITS

===PSZ TEAM===
WinteR5
Macko
zGuba

Istar
Jon

===CONTRIBUTORS===
(more to be listed as we'll implement more goodies from our beloved friends!)

Dan (former developer) - M97 Zbik
Sgt. Pepper (former developer) - textures and layers
Smookie (former developer) - animations
Keeway (former developer) - developer, config, content porting, scripting
Reyhard (M.I.A.) - developer, config, content porting, scripting

RHS Team - Leupold scopes, repository
Project Reality: Polish Forces Team (Veti, ddeo) - STAR trucks
Kamil Nowicki - Alex / Bor, UKM-2000, Negev
[ACPL] Ghost - "Steal the Data" scenario

PSZ logo by WinteR5, uses great Eagle drawing by Julia Baradziej.

Enjoy!

• Like 23

Thanks Foxhound & aholic for the mirror, You guys are the best :)

• Like 1

Thank you very much. You keep your word! The most awaited MOD this year!

D Z I Ę K U J Ę !

• Like 2

Fantastic, i almost pissed when saw BRDM! ;) I know its WIP, and physX will be fixed, but wanna report some bugs, just to make sure you know about them:
- We can hear tire squeal sound when trying to move STAR (fantastic model BTW) and too often when moving BRDM
- Cannot use smoke launcher on Żbik.
- Textures of beryll need little improvements, same as splint mounting on them and under barrel grenade launcher.
- Sniper rifles are impossible to hit anything more than 400M (dont know if its ACE 3 fault or RHS, but need to check again)
- Cannot repair wheel on vehicles with ACE 3.
- Crewman havent proper helmet (tank crew).
- No zeroing on RPG-7

Optic is fantastic, very good quality, same for BRDMs, dont know why they are so battered, but it can be explained its an old vehicles.

Dziękuję bardzo za wspaniałą pracę!

• Like 1

Fantastic work guys, gonna test it in new year. :)

Can't wait for updates! :)

• Like 1

Is THIS thing working with ALIVE? If Yes then what is faction name? PSZ_PolishArmedForces ? (found in readme.txt)

Guys easy with this mod :) it's only alpha 0.56 :)

Polish community waited so long for proper Polish Army than we can spend some more time waiting right guys? As I can see it's going in proper way :)

Proper coding for zeus/alive compatibility is maybe not so hard but requires some time to do it at least on proper level.

For me personally the most wanted thing is full compatibility with ACE3 / cba-asdg joint rails, and when ACE3 devs complete fast roping (hope so) compatibility with this great looking mod.

Keep up the good work lads :)

Powodzenia i gratulacje :)

• Like 2

tested the mod also. i run ACE and RHS.

i had no issues to hit targets  from 100m to 1200m away with the sniper rifles also tried different optics. maybe it is a issue on your end @vasily.b

Disabled Advanced Ballistic, wind deflection, and works fine. Before that target was hitting under and on the left of the targets (500M). ACE functions was the problem

Congratulations on the release lads! Really impressive work :)

Wish you all the best for the New Year ! Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!

• Like 1

2020(-ish) faction will be there to include the newest weaponry polish military industry is trying to incorporate, like MSBS Radon assault rifle, Negev LMG and possibly more, like ATGM Rosomak APC variant.

Sorry, but Negev is so 2011. You better focus on MSBS variants, because that's what's going to fill the 5,56 "LMG" bracket.

ywFsmRd.png

I'm talking about the LSW variant, the one with 60 round Surefire magazine on picture above.

And UKM-2000P will remain our standard 7,62 LMG, since the army can't stop buying them.

• Like 2

New mod v0.5.663-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey jonpl , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Ok, I suspect PSZ team members know this, but it won't hurt reporting few things.

1. MSBS

a. It needs iron sights, these are of course not integral part of the weapon but it seems FB engineers favors, at least for now these magpul ironsights that can be mounted to the top rail. You can find them on various videos about MSBS, so I will not place it anywhere.

b. The charging handle, it's a non reciprocating charging handle so when fired it should not move, same when bolt carrier group stays in the rear position after last shot.

c. Fire slector/safety do not move right now.

Besides that, it's a fantastic model!

As for Beryl rifles, I think their magazine should not be as transparent as it is know, the standard army magazines for it, are kind greenish, and semi-transparent.

Still as I said, fantastic work overall! Keep it up! :)

Hi,

Guys first of all : Congrats on this mod. Even though its still only the first release, there are already some great models and features to start with !

Now some questions and suggestions for the team :

First : It says in the first post the mod is fully compatible with ASDG muzzles. However at this time, i cant seem to place any muzzle device on the Beryl rifles. Is this a problem on my end, or are suppressors/muzzle devices not yet available for these weapons?

Secondly : Like somebody said above here, i think the clear magazines should be less transparent.

Finaly : Will you guys be adding a 1996 Beryl with a STANAG magazine adaptor like this ?

mspo_1.jpg

Great work so far ! I will definetly keep following this one. Hope to see more soon.

Exchange this russian developed PK/PKM with Polish UKM-2000P for NATO rounds or better with modified UKM-2000M ASAP, please. There are already plenty of P version in Polish Army...

Thank You guys very much for all the kind words :) and for all the reports.

Now onto Your feedback guys:

Smoke Launchers on Zbik will be working "soon", same with RPG-7 zeroing.

Textures of beryll need little improvements, same as splint mounting on them and under barrel grenade launcher.

AFAIK there'll be some upgrades in that aspect, but can't really give an ETA on that (and don't expect it too soon).

Crewman havent proper helmet (tank crew).

Crewman as in Driver? Driver is rather a car driver (lightly armed with no extra load on the vest), also because we don't have crew helmets done yet.

ACE3 support (tires, advanced ballistics and zeroing, and whatever else it needs) will come with time, probably after we're done with basic mechanized infantry assets (as in: most of the GI units and their weapons \ equipment), tho don't hold my word on that ETA.

Is THIS working with ALIVE? If Yes then what is faction name? PSZ_PolishArmedForces ? (found in readme.txt)

AFAIR the mod is not yet ready to be used with ALiVE.

Exchange this russian PK/PKM with UKM-2000P for NATO rounds or better with modernized UKM-2000M ASAP, please.

Uhhh, what? Exchange? What? Why? There's still plenty of PKM's in the field and it was widely used in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Not to mention our OPFOR units will use those.

The UKM-2k of course will be there, it's one of the things with top(pest) priority as of now.

Sorry, but Negev is so 2011. You better focus on MSBS variants, because that's what's going to fill the 5,56 "LMG" bracket.

That opening made us chuckle real good :) While You might be right, there's also a fair chance the MOD will get some Negevs anyway, simply because there's a fair chance first LMG MSBS'es would hit the field around 2024. Also, the model is mostly ready, sooo...

Not to mention it's simply nice to have some variety and there's no RL constraints against it.

Rest of the responses in the next post, due to quote quota in the posts.

• Like 1

...continuing:

a. It needs iron sights, these are of course not integral part of the weapon but it seems FB engineers favors, at least for now these magpul ironsights that can be mounted to the top rail.

You mean like these?

mbus_sights_02s.jpg

msbs_10s.jpg msbs_11s.jpg
msbs_12s.jpg msbs_13s.jpg

b. The charging handle, it's a non reciprocating charging handle so when fired it should not move, same when bolt carrier group stays in the rear position after last shot.

It will be fixed, thanks.

c. Fire slector/safety do not move right now.

True, thanks. Somehow it decided it's time to stop working between last 2 versions...

About the magazine - TBH I'm pretty confused, it seems like it's some newer version of the mentioned green mag, yet I think I still saw the more transparent version not that long ago on the MSPO Expo. Current version also fits what could be found in the older photos of the Beryl rifles, but after all, it seems You're right. Then again, considering we had fair problems with making transparent mags look how they should, I can't really make promises as to what can be achieved here.

(Prawdopodobnie ma to jakiś związek z faktem, że - z tego mówił mój znajomy z "syfu" - starsza wersja przeźroczystych magazynków była za słaba \ za cienka i potrafiła się rozkleić \ rozpaść w polu. W konstrukcji tych "nowych" widać, że materiał jest dużo grubszy, w obu przypadkach, może o to chodzi)

We'll look into it.

However at this time, i cant seem to place any muzzle device on the Beryl rifles.

AFAIK real Beryl's barrel isn't compatible with any custom devices (AFAIR due to the fact it was built to have a "rifle-grenade" launching compatibility) and that's also a reason why it doesn't have a suppressor variant, both IRL and thus, in-game.

Will you guys be adding a 1996 Beryl with a STANAG magazine adaptor like this?

Thanks to You, we will. We'll probably strap it on some extra variants of some newer Beryl(s).

Once again guys, thanks for all the feedback.

We'll do our best to make the mod AAAP - as amazing as possible ;)

Cheers!

• Like 5

OK, i gived you what i'm find, but no hurry, we can wait. I dont want tu rush you, just dont wanna you miss something :)

Hey Jon great model of these magpul iron sights.

Oh and yeah about Beryls and STANAG mags.

1. I would change designation of the wz.04 for wz.96C as this is what military uses for consistency sake, as we have wz.96A, wz.96B and wz.96C.

2. With the STANAG mag adapter, we have an experimental wz.96D which looks like this, and there is much more changes than just STANAG mags adapter, the rail is now the integral part of the receiver cover, and the old AK style iron sights had been replaced by a much better AR style iron sights.

12_resize-640x480.jpg

i-i10-09-016beryl_04.jpg

If I am not mistaken these iron sights are also magpul ones. As I remember there was also some talk on further modifications, like a completely ambidextreous fire selector/safety switch to finally get rid of that AK style safety lever, however with development of MSBS, such deep modifications are not needed so this most likely won't happen.

3. About the transparent mags, yeah the fully transparent ones were initial models that were very fragile, the currently issued ones are these green ones that are kinda semi transparent, with these magazines all problems had been solved, tough non transparent magazines are also used here and there.

4. There is also 7,62x39mm variant of the Beryl, tough right now only for exports and not adopted by the Polish Armed Forces, the Beryl M762... tough it would be a great replacement for AKM and AKMS, when I was in the army (reserve) we used AKMS, I hated that thing. :P

http://www.altair.com.pl/news/view?news_id=15145

Here is something about Beryl M762 for Nigeria, and also another proposal of Beryl M545 using 5,45x39mm ammo, also primary for exports.