Trust me, I know where things SHOULD be but I won't do that at all cost.

There are some parameters involved on deciding about the Darter location and I really care about them.

Most important thing for me is to hide it because it's a Darter for god sake and not a TGP like SNIPER or something.

Second is the functionality. You know that "AR-2 Darter" green hint on screen when you fly in third person view?

I really try to avoid that to happen constantly. Because if you press lock key (T) while it's on, that stupid Darter will lock on itself. It's dumb and really depends about where I install it on the planes (or choppers).

It should be away from the center, vertically and horizentally.

If the Darter position is on the edge of this invisible problem making area, you will recieve "Helicopter" hint instead of "AR-2 Darter" and if it's on worst position which is normally where that TGP system is on jest in the reality you will see that Darter hint even in first person view that makes it impossible to get a clean lock. That's why some planes TGP positions are way off. Just look at USAF B-2. That's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off like as you are aposing.

Same thing goes for F-15E. I used to hide it under centeral fuel tank (even when it's dropped off, the Darter were still close to the jet's body so it won't just float in mid-air like a plane chasing UFO. Also that explains current positions for FA-18/F-14/F-16) but since AWS SDB update, if player choose SDB instead of the fuel tank, that blocks the TGP view so I had to make a change and the best place to put it on with no problem was where it is now. Just like A-10 series.

If you see some postions doesn't seems right to you or changed, start think of one or all of those problems. It's just for a better gameplay.

About the Darter control/hint thing that you said, I didn't noticed that but since it doesn't seems critical, just get on with it for now :lol:

I dont understand why this has been added to my Apache. You can just make the gunner 'playable' and have even better functionality. (Geo stabilised, Position memory, etc)

the PiP is in the Pilot's MFD and the laser can be activated through seagul fastforward.

• Like 1

I dont understand why this has been added to my Apache. You can just make the gunner 'playable' and have even better functionality. (Geo stabilised, Position memory, etc)

the PiP is in the Pilot's MFD and the laser can be activated through seagun fastforward.

I always doubted if I should add it to attack choppers or not. But in the end decided to do so. It's always better to have more options. If it's somehow useless just don't use it :-)

Have a question abot PIP. Why PIP  show only distance near 1000-1500m? My settings PIP-very high .overall / distance object at max(12000m)

Have a question abot PIP. Why PIP  show only distance near 1000-1500m? My settings PIP-very high .overall / distance object at max(12000m)

Set PiP quality to "Ultra". More than that, it's a game engine limit.

I am having issues with MP. The target pod does not open the terminal for me. Anyone else having the same issue?

I am having issues with MP. The target pod does not open the terminal for me. Anyone else having the same issue?

I don't know about MP problems but I think that server must enable this mod to be used when a map loads and it can't be a client side thing.

That was the next thing on my list to try. Thanks for the quick response. Keep ip the good work.

Hi, thanks for the mod, it's great, but have 1 question: how to make it working for new unit after "selectplayer"?

Hi, thanks for the mod, it's great, but have 1 question: how to make it working for new unit after "selectplayer"?

Since v5.0 TGP system is always on. So don't need to turn it on again with each different unit after switching.

Set shortcut keys to use it without scroll menu options. I hope that you know how to do that.

Since v5.0 TGP system is always on. So don't need to turn it on again with each different unit after switching.

Set shortcut keys to use it without scroll menu options. I hope that you know how to do that.

Playing with 6.0 and for the "TGP" begin working need to use action (keys too beginning working only after).

Playing with 6.0 and for the "TGP" begin working need to use action (keys too beginning working only after).

I had same problem with one of my own missions and fixed by removing an empty chopper parked somewhere around the map. That was weird but worked.

Make a new mission and test it again.

Yep, keys working if no empty air vehicles present on map at mission's start and the mission's folder weight low enough.
(as answer on my question: " [] spawn TGP_fnc_addAction; " - execute where "player" are local after the player switched unit).
(To avoid the problem for future can add the command to: "onteamswitch" and noone know how to handle "selectplayer"?)(in the mod i mean).
Thank you.

Yep, keys working if no empty air vehicles present on map at mission's start and the mission's folder weight low enough.

(as answer on my question: " [] spawn TGP_fnc_addAction; " - execute where "player" are local after the player switched unit).

(To avoid the problem for future can add the command to: "onteamswitch" and noone know how to handle "selectplayer"?)(in the mod i mean).

Thank you.

Alright. That thing is fixed now. With a lot of other changes, next update will be a huge one.

Edited by Masnooper

Hey mate-how insanely hard would it be to integrate this into the jet's actual control panel ?Like in the Wipeout the player would be able to switch the weapon screen to an MFD display of the target? Is that totally out of the realms of possibility?

Hey mate-how insanely hard would it be to integrate this into the jet's actual control panel ?Like in the Wipeout the player would be able to switch the weapon screen to an MFD display of the target? Is that totally out of the realms of possibility?

Well, because of ArmA3 engine limits it's not possible. Only way to have a second camera in the main camera (that players see on their monitors) is using PiP system which is very limited on frame rate and view distance.

Franze did something in A1 w/ a CamCreate script, but it is pretty old and doesn't work in-game any more.  That's the only way I can imagine to make a TV-style view like that.  And that would be challenging to get right.