RoF

How to switch terrain over to CUP?

Do you have to change your required addons? Or is it best to leave it still as AiA, for people still using that pack?

requiredaddons[]={
      "AiA_Buildings_Data",
      "AiA_Buildings2_Data"

Also I did test my terrain with cup but got "Warning Message: Cannot open object ca\desert2\build\boatsmall_1.p3d". I guess I'm going to have to rebuild TemplateLibs. then re import all the objects again and hope it finds most of them...

I've sorted it, seems x-cam uses the desert2 stuff but that's not in the CUP core pack, only in the terrains pack. So going to have to remove them objects to get rid of the error's.

Also does anyone know what folders (extracted .pbo's) I have to add to TB from CUP? Is it still the same folders as the AiA, or has cup got objects in other folders? I've narrowed it down to 46 folders with .p3d files in them. But I'm guessing I don't need to add weapons but maybe "tracked" as that has "t72_wreck.p3d" :unsure:

I've sorted it, seems x-cam uses the desert2 stuff but that's not in the CUP core pack, only in the terrains pack. So going to have to remove them objects to get rid of the error's.

Also does anyone know what folders (extracted .pbo's) I have to add to TB from CUP? Is it still the same folders as the AiA, or has cup got objects in other folders? I've narrowed it down to 46 folders with .p3d files in them. But I'm guessing I don't need to add weapons but maybe "tracked" as that has "t72_wreck.p3d" :unsure:

That's my folder structure within ca on drive P.

Maybe it helps you a bit.

yYbuXfm.jpg

Silola

• Like 3

That's my folder structure within ca on drive P.

Maybe it helps you a bit.

Perfect!!! thank you so much

Hi RoF,

So if I have my terrain set up with AIA and I would like to use CUP do I have to change

requiredaddons[]={
      "AiA_Buildings_Data",
      "AiA_Buildings2_Data"

to corresponding CUP entries or am I missing something? Also would I need to reload CUP libraries in X-Cam or leave the X-Cam Arma 2 entries work if I have the CUP files extracted in the same folder?

I have this from the cup core pack

"CUP_Buildings_Data",
	  "CUP_Buildings2_Data",
	  "CUP_CA_Data",
	  "CUP_CAMisc",
	  "CUP_Misc_acr_Data",
	  "CUP_Misc_e_Data",
	  "CUP_CAMisc2",
	  "CUP_Misc3_Data",
	  "CUP_CAPlants",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_E",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_E2",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_PMC",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants2",
	  "CUP_CARoads",
	  "CUP_CARoads_E",
	  "CUP_CARoads_PMC",
	  "CUP_CARoads2",
	  "CUP_CARocks",
	  "CUP_CARocks_E",
	  "CUP_CARocks2",
	  "CUP_CASigns",
	  "CUP_CASigns_E",
	  "CUP_CASigns2",
	  "CUP_Structures_Data",
	  "CUP_Structures_e_Data",
	  "CUP_Structures_pmc_Data"

CUP shows up in the editor, so you can just reload your libraries and choose all the CUP stuff if you wanted to. That's what I've done as x-cam is missing some stuff, like the hey bales and the other pond segments.

Also in the above list if you want to use the big aircraft carrier your have to add "CUP_Water2_Data",that's also missing from x-cam I think...

"CUP_Buildings_Data",
	  "CUP_Buildings2_Data",
	  "CUP_CA_Data",
	  "CUP_CAMisc",
	  "CUP_Misc_acr_Data",
	  "CUP_Misc_e_Data",
	  "CUP_CAMisc2",
	  "CUP_Misc3_Data",
	  "CUP_CAPlants",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_E",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_E2",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_PMC",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants2",
	  "CUP_CARoads",
	  "CUP_CARoads_E",
	  "CUP_CARoads_PMC",
	  "CUP_CARoads2",
	  "CUP_CARocks",
	  "CUP_CARocks_E",
	  "CUP_CARocks2",
	  "CUP_CASigns",
	  "CUP_CASigns_E",
	  "CUP_CASigns2",
	  "CUP_Structures_Data",
	  "CUP_Structures_e_Data",

CUP shows up in the editor, so you can just reload your libraries and choose all the CUP stuff if you wanted to. That's what I've done as x-cam is missing some stuff, like the hey bales and the other pond segments.

Also in the above list if you want to use the big aircraft carrier your have to add "CUP_Water2_Data",that's also missing from x-cam I think...

RoF thanks for the quick response, so I take it that you have created CUP folder in the P drive and extracted these in to it, than in the X-Cam you just loaded the libraries. One other thing these files are from CUP Terrains - Core and the files are called CUP_Terrains_CA_Buildings2,etc right?

They are in the "ca" folder in P:/ just like the AiA was.

Yeah its the Core pack "cup_terrains_ca_buildings" etc

• Like 1

They are in the "ca" folder in P:/ just like the AiA was.

Yeah its the Core pack "cup_terrains_ca_buildings" etc

Excellent thanks a lot for the help RoF. :ok:

sorry to butt in here  :unsure:

which ponds would be best/easiest to use? 

ive installed the CUP core which has ponds or the DBO ponds?

put DBO.pbo in xcam/addons folder...that doesn't show in library though.

a detailed example of putting ponds on a map would be a godsend.

sorry to butt in here  :unsure:

which ponds would be best/easiest to use? 

ive installed the CUP core which has ponds or the DBO ponds?

put DBO.pbo in xcam/addons folder...that doesn't show in library though.

a detailed example of putting ponds on a map would be a godsend.

I just used the cup ones, But I get a weird glitch where some were disappearing at a distance, which i still haven't been able to work out :(

http://i.imgur.com/oUZuAvg.jpg< Some lakes are worse than this

that 'nearly' looks good there Rof lol. does that glitch always happen in the same place?

that's a large water! how many sections were placed on map? and did you use x-cam?

reason I ask is TB has a snap function to join them together. not sure if x-cam has this.

sorry for the usual bombardment of questions :)  but I'm at the stage now where I need to add water to my map.

Yep same place every time, There is another 2 big lakes, one has no trouble but the other has loads of squares missing, it's like a patchwork its that bad. I tried smoothing the terrain but that didn't make no difference :(

It was made using x-cam, I set it to ASL then just copied each bit next to it, they just snap together. I think I did about 4000 in the end.

• Like 1

"CUP_Buildings_Data",
	  "CUP_Buildings2_Data",
	  "CUP_CA_Data",
	  "CUP_CAMisc",
	  "CUP_Misc_acr_Data",
	  "CUP_Misc_e_Data",
	  "CUP_CAMisc2",
	  "CUP_Misc3_Data",
	  "CUP_CAPlants",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_E",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_E2",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants_PMC",
	  "CUP_CA_Plants2",
	  "CUP_CARoads",
	  "CUP_CARoads_E",
	  "CUP_CARoads_PMC",
	  "CUP_CARoads2",
	  "CUP_CARocks",
	  "CUP_CARocks_E",
	  "CUP_CARocks2",
	  "CUP_CASigns",
	  "CUP_CASigns_E",
	  "CUP_CASigns2",
	  "CUP_Structures_Data",
	  "CUP_Structures_e_Data",

Any chnce that you can post your...

requiredaddons[]={
      "AiA_Buildings_Data",
      "AiA_Buildings2_Data"

...equivalent for the CUP?

So the Core pack "cup_terrains_ca_buildings" etc would be in "ca" folder? 

because im having trouble when using it in TB, cant launch bulldozer with having them in ca folder but if i remove the files i can launch it

So the Core pack "cup_terrains_ca_buildings" etc would be in "ca" folder? 

because im having trouble when using it in TB, cant launch bulldozer with having them in ca folder but if i remove the files i can launch it

Did you use extract pbo? That puts them in folder like /pboname/ca/buildings2. You need the stuff in the "ca" folder, don't just copy it how it gets extracted. as file paths are going to get messed up

found out it was 2 of my bridges crashing buldozer from cup core pack, fixed it thx anyway RoF

Was it the white ones with the long supports? I have trouble with them, but seen other people use them on their maps :wacko:

Was it the white ones with the long supports? I have trouble with them, but seen other people use them on their maps :wacko:

yea, anyway im still having some real trouble could you maybe pm or answer the one i sent :P

Any chnce that you can post your...

requiredaddons[]={
      "AiA_Buildings_Data",
      "AiA_Buildings2_Data"

...equivalent for the CUP?

I feel so dumb for asking this question. Answer was staring at me all along. :D

I have CUP Core installed and CUP Terrain Complete and I really want to get this map to work for Arma 3. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16435

I think this thread, given its in the editing area, is more about "Switching to using CUP to make islands" rather than "Using CUP to make ArmA2 islands work in ArmA3"...