Delta Hawk

Horrible multiplayer lag

I'm playing multiplayer with my brother.  He's the host.  The lag is incredible.  All the building parts don't line up and movement is difficult.  And this is happening for both internet and LAN play.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Thanks.

Depends on many variables.

What machine are you and your brother using? 

Did you call your ISP to ask if they were having any problems?

I'm playing multiplayer with my brother.  He's the host.  The lag is incredible.  All the building parts don't line up and movement is difficult.  And this is happening for both internet and LAN play.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Thanks.

Hey deltahawk, I suggest you use hamachi or something or make a dedicated server. This fixes mostly everything. Also make sure you aren't downloading anything or have anything open that might be using your internet.

I was under the impression when you're playing a LAN game the performance of your ISP has nothing to do with the game's connection quality.  Even when we had horrible, slow internet before every game we played over LAN was always much better than internet play.  Even then, I'm getting 17mbs with my new ISP.

Any particular reason why the elevators in the landing modules consistently kill me?

Hey deltahawk, I suggest you use hamachi or something or make a dedicated server. This fixes mostly everything. Also make sure you aren't downloading anything or have anything open that might be using your internet.

I think a couple others, would love a detailed description of this and how it is done please :)

We got the same problem i bought an 4 pack for me and my friends,

And everytime we play the game it crashes :( like everytime... i love the game and would even love it more when it is stable.

Myself and quite a few others get the same when there is alot of objects.  So no problem at the start of your game but as you build more objects, the problem starts to occur. From what I've read, at the moment the devs are not acknowledging this as bug within the  game and instead are suggesting the  clients PC's/setups/links.

IDK if this game is still in developpement or if they just gave up but the multiplayer as direction Keys for other than HOST player inversed. This would be nice to fix... The ping is also a pain : Fiber optic here with 2ms to google.com from canada.... and i'm lagging like crazy ps i got 50/50 nothing else running and my computer is a core i 7 3770 + raid 0 SSD ( the lagg isnt on my part ).

Is there anyway you could fix the multiplayer lagg and let the community help u out with design / coding? I would love to add some sand digging + brick factory + plastic baches for air thightness. Hope to be able to host a server on dedicated hardware from my home :) Thank you

FR: Voilà je viens d'acheter le jeux "Take on Mars" avec des amis, on a essayé de jouer en multiplayer, mais impossible de jouer correctement car nous avons des plantages sans arrêt, impossible de construire de se déplacer sans le moindre bug pour les autres peronnes qui jouent en liaison avec celle qui héberge le serveur.

C'est pour cela que je vous demande aujourd'hui si dans une prochaine mises à jour il pourrait y avoir des serveurs dédiés ou un moyens d'acheter un hébergeurs (Mtxserv, Ovh ou autre)

Ps: Je sais également que le jeu est en béta mais cela ne justifie que le mode multiplayer doit être injouable.

EN: Well, with friends, we just bought the game "Take On Mars". We tried to play Multiplayer but it has been impossible to play decently because we had endless crashes. It is impossible to build, to move on, without constant bugs for the connected ones. That's why I gonna ask you if that in a coming patch/update we could get dedicated servers or a mean to buy a host (Mtxserv, Ovh or any other)

Ps: I also know that game is still BETA, but it doesn't justify that the Multiplayer mode should be unplayable.

take on mars multiplayer lag also by my.

i dont know why.

my router cisco systems 1841.

line constant up with isp german telecom (not 1&1) with download 96064  kbit/s and upload 38916 kbit/s.

the isp line are no ram access that is shared with other users or any line like cable dsl.

all other games are lag free and my own home server linux can feed up to 20user lag free.

but the game are lag but why?

needed firewall ports are open and other players can also connect to me.

What me and my friend did is that we went on Steam library and down to properties and we changed the betas to "Development" After that we launched the game in the launcher and chose development mode after that we didn't have really any lag what so ever. Hopefully that helps you :D