Sign in to follow this  
Hork

Please help this newb..

I am a newb obviously and truly need some help or advice.

I purchased ARMA 2: Combined Operations bundle ($5 great deal) and I installed ARMA 2 and opened the game to create any needed files. Then installed Operation Arrowhead and did the same, also the DAYZ mod from Steam.

After multiple attempts and failures to join multiplayer servers I thought perhaps they are using the beta patch that is listed? So I also downloaded that through Steam, still not much luck in joining a server. So I browsed the forum here and most suggested to use the DAYZ Launcher to download mods.

I downloaded the launcher, the Epoch, and Overwatch mods, because I can see most are using those. I had some luck joining a few servers, but I constantly get errors. Every server I have joined I get script or certificate errors, and most kick me.

Is that beta patch I downloaded causing errors? Am I still missing some vital mod that is required to join most servers? I have installed 2 games, 3 mods, a beta patch, Steam, and the DAYZ launcher. Why is this not streamlined better or explained more clearly, someone said I needed the ACE mod, another told me everyone gets errors?

I also really would like to know what is the best method to actually launch the game, through Steam, OA, DAYZ, Vanilla Arma 2, or the DAYZ launcher?

You dont need ACE to run DAYZ. Maybe you miss ACR DLC. thats needed to play DAYZ i think. Not sure tho, i dont play too much DAYZ. 

I think I have it mostly sorted out, I still do get an error when playing about a missing file for the CZ-75 sp01 Shadow. Which sucks because I have a CZ-75 and its my favorite handgun.. :P

I see that I have the British addon, and the PMC addon, both are (lite) versions, you are right I must be missing the Czech Republic addon. I see there is a lite version of that also and will try it, Thanks for the help!

Hello,

My friend downloaded the Arma2 complete edition and ran into the same issues with the Steam version. I recall this application fixing the issues with mods and Dayz. Hope this helps.

http://dayzlauncher.com/

Hello there. I cannot create a own topic so I post my questions here. I have questions about editing the vanilla campaigns of OA and BAF in the editor. Therefore I learned I have to unpack the *.pbo files so I can load them in the editor. But where is the file containing the campaign missions found and how is it named? Furthermore I cannot extract the missions_baf.pbo file in the Baf/AddOns folder, the pbo-Tool refuses to unpack the files. Can anybody help?

Hello there. I cannot create a own topic so I post my questions here. I have questions about editing the vanilla campaigns of OA and BAF in the editor. Therefore I learned I have to unpack the *.pbo files so I can load them in the editor. But where is the file containing the campaign missions found and how is it named? Furthermore I cannot extract the missions_baf.pbo file in the Baf/AddOns folder, the pbo-Tool refuses to unpack the files. Can anybody help?

Hi,

Why not use google search?

Especialy this result, this result or this result.

have a nice day. :-)