ruPal

ruPal Advanced Artillery (ACE3+RHS)

This mod adds range tables and advanced artillery feature to all RHS static weapons. Like MK6 in ACE3 (it is actually based on mk6 mod from ACE3 team).

ZQzJNaR.png

To switch to advanced artillery mode put ACE3 MK6 module on map and check advanced settings mode in it.

It was made for RDS Static Weapon pack and then ported to RHS mod.

Supports:
- D30;

- M119;

- Podnos;

- M252.

Please notice that there are different range tables for different ammo types.

Download link (v.2.5): https://mega.nz/#!HEdRwC5Z!CdBMFQlSiu_N7vuTqnGrYjHTPwVuNzuMwArY_DmR1t8

Mirror:

news_download_a3_3.png

Requirements:

CBA

ACE3

RHS: USAF

RHS: AFRF

Thank you to ACE3 Team for a great mod and help with that mod, Reyhard for his RDS Static Weapon pack and RHS team!

• Like 5

This is a neat mod, though a little brutal code-wise (hopefully ACE will have a better system for multiple rangetables later).

I'm afraid your mod doesn't really work, however, since the RHS artillery pieces show all their angles in degrees, while the rangetables you have are all in mils.

This is a neat mod, though a little brutal code-wise (hopefully ACE will have a better system for multiple rangetables later).

I'm afraid your mod doesn't really work, however, since the RHS artillery pieces show all their angles in degrees, while the rangetables you have are all in mils.

I agree, coding is not good. But it worked fine with RDS. I have changed rangetables and classnames to RHS recently.

Yes, I know about mils systems, you have to manually convert degrees into mils for now. In next release I will make new rangetables.

UPD: Checked one more time. It works. :)

UPD 2: It works for standard model. Something wrong with advanced, will check it out. Works for advanced too. Needed to check on longer distances to figure it out.

Good one. Can't wait to give it a go when you release the version with proper mil display.

Good one. Can't wait to give it a go when you release the version with proper mil display.

Not mil display but rangetables with degrees. In Russia we use degrees ;)

Well, look at the numbers of min and max ranges (D30 and M119, charge 3) in the the ballistic calculator and compare with what is written in his table. Seems legit...

There is no charge 3 in rangetable. Looks like you don't even know how rangetables were build, are you?

Not mil display but rangetables with degrees. In Russia we use degrees ;)

Wait, I thought you used mils for everything.

In Poland, during our transition post-soviet period military stuck to "tysiÄ…czna" (ТыÑÑчнаÑ), usually noted as 00-01, meaning 1 mil. I've seen manuals for russian optics using the same notation, why do they use less precise degrees where mils would be better? :D

Will american equipement retain mils as basic angular unit of measurement?

Wait, I thought you used mils for everything.

In Poland, during our transition post-soviet period military stuck to "tysiÄ…czna" (ТыÑÑчнаÑ), usually noted as 00-01, meaning 1 mil. I've seen manuals for russian optics using the same notation, why do they use less precise degrees where mils would be better? :D

Will american equipement retain mils as basic angular unit of measurement?

That is true but for me it is unsual to calculate in that dimensions - 1/6000, 1/6400... I like degrees :P It will be a little bit harder in technical part to switch to mils for me. But I will check that out.

P. S. Looks like I found the problem with rangetables. They are ok but build for acute angle. Will check it out. It takes a lot of time for my PC to calculate all needed parameters. Omg, again. Sometimes I think that Foxhound curses everytime when check my threads... Hope you will excuse me, Foxhound.

That is true but for me it is unsual to calculate in that dimensions - 1/6000, 1/6400... I like degrees :P It will be a little bit harder in technical part to switch to mils for me. But I will check that out.

P. S. Looks like I found the problem with rangetables. They are ok but build for acute angle. Will check it out. It takes a lot of time for my PC to calculate all needed parameters. Omg, again. Sometimes I think that Foxhound curses everytime when check my threads... Sorry, Foxhound.

How do you work with that? Is the range card hardcoded? I thought it's being calculated automatically by ACE.

How do you work with that? Is the range card hardcoded? I thought it's being calculated automatically by ACE.

They are calculated by ACE3 functions but it takes a looooooooooot of time. That is why after all calculations the results are stored in sqf. End-user sees and uses only that results. ACE3 Team made a lot of work with that. But players see only the tip of the iceberg.

Charge 2 (3rd in order). No matter, you know what I mean.

Looks like you don't  even know what is the maximum distance D30/M119 shoots in real life, and in Arma. Although it is in front of your face)

If you were paying attention, you'd be fielding these complaints to the RHS bug tracker, since it's their artillery pieces and their charges and their ranges. Shoo.

I'm fairly certain Russia and some of the old soviet states still use the 1/6000 circle mil, which isn't based on the milliradian like the western 1/6400 circle, but was derived by adding an extra order of magnitude to the old 1/600 system the russian empire used for field artillery.

Thank you for clarification, Vking. I think I understood what that rude person was talking about. I used MK6 function to build rangetables but didn't notice that RHS artillery uses different min and max angles. My bad, but really, that man lacks good manners.

Something is really wrong with you. Hope you will be banned soon.

• Like 5

Charge 2 (3rd in order). No matter, you know what I mean.

Looks like you don't  even know what is the maximum distance D30/M119 shoots in real life, and in Arma. Although it is in front of your face)

Instead of criticizing ruPal and coming across as a smart arse do us all a favour and keep your comments to yourself. You're not helping mate!

• Like 1

Rupal,i was woundering if you could make a mod for inspecting the looks of your weapon,kinda like in CS:GO.My idea is to make it as an add-on to ace 3 like you did with "weapon holding" mod so that you would have an option to inspect your weapon in the Equipment tab in Ace 3 menu.  :)

Rupal,i was woundering if you could make a mod for inspecting the looks of your weapon,kinda like in CS:GO.My idea is to make it as an add-on to ace 3 like you did with "weapon holding" mod so that you would have an option to inspect your weapon in the Equipment tab in Ace 3 menu.  :)

Probably, it is possible but you will have to make custom animations. I don't have enough skills for that.

Probably, it is possible but you will have to make custom animations. I don't have enough skills for that.

Is there any better way than this that i can contact you?Maybe on steam?

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ruPal , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Ok, guys. For now we have raw data for long range tables for all RHS artillery. Thanks goes tо Arkhir and his friend for all that calculations. Thank you, guys! That took a lot of time (but with my PC it took much longer). So we will check that data, probably, make some corrections and start porting ACE3 UI elevation display (degrees to mil conversion).
Also I found that we will need one more rangetable for M252, it has different angles too.

Mr. Rad, you may contact me via PM on this forum.

New version (v.2.0) released: https://mega.nz/#!bddGGLqL!3CECPxxVAVUgfJ9yfpw7qwY_f2fyYnxSIKJV7hQMvyA
Changelog:

- range tables recalculated;

- added M252 rangetable;

- ported ACE3 toggle mils <-> degrees feature.

Known issues:

- Toggle mils <-> degrees may not work in D30 and M119 because of RHS incompatibility with CBA (don't support extended event handlers).

Thanks to:
Arkhir and his friend MATANZA for help with range table calculations! They made all needed calculations for range tables. Thank you, guys!