CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Whenever I try to load a map into the editor, the game crashes and a message pops up saying some variation on "Warning: preNLOD format in object ca\misc\ground_garbage_long.p3d", then when I close that it says the exit code is 0x00000001 UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI. Anybody got any ideas?

As you seem to be the only one with that problem, I assume it is a problem on your side, possibly a corrupt download or extraction. Try redownloading and extracting CUP Terrains.

Always keep in mind, this is a f***ing huge project and we do not have an army of dedicated modders at CUP.

Quoted for truth. If you think the project isn't going fast enough, or you think you can help, join us! CUP is a huge project, and we need every help we can get!

As you seem to be the only one with that problem, I assume it is a problem on your side, possibly a corrupt download or extraction. Try redownloading and extracting CUP Terrains.

Yeeeeeahhh... I had a feeling that'd be the case :p

On your screen there is allinarmaterrainpack in right list. Maybe that's the source of your problems?

Its not, the AIA pack was removed from the list before i added the CUP maps. No idea why its showing there, as its really not there. 

Here, i started it again just now - here's a screenshot from my list in PW6 just before i launch it. Its sorted alphabeticly. You can clearly see that the AiATP is not part of the list (and the CUP one is now at the top, due to the **WILL BE DELETED** mark - but its still there).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clhuxpo00d2uxs9/List.jpg?dl=0

And here it is again, exactly the same as last time - with AiATP still showing as "on the list". Arent you guys using the files from the AiA dude in this CUP pack as well?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g501mbvxab9vont/2015-12-29_00001.jpg?dl=0

No idea what causes it - but annoying, it really is.

Its not, the AIA pack was removed from the list before i added the CUP maps. No idea why its showing there, as its really not there. 

Here, i started it again just now - here's a screenshot from my list in PW6 just before i launch it. Its sorted alphabeticly. You can clearly see that the AiATP is not part of the list (and the CUP one is now at the top, due to the **WILL BE DELETED** mark - but its still there).

And here it is again, exactly the same as last time - with AiATP still showing as "on the list". Arent you guys using the files from the AiA dude in this CUP pack as well?

Why you just wont download it through any other source?

Why you just wont download it through any other source?

Im primarily using PW6 to keep my mods in order, as my clan does as well. Now, the odd chance that it "might" work when downloading it somewhere else, doesnt make it alright that it doesnt work through PW6 - as its actually something that a large part of the arma community is using for mod management.

We don't have a crystall ball. Start disabling all mods except CUP and test it. Than start adding your other mods one by one. When you have found the combination that breaks your UI, you can tell us here and we will look into it.

This is the modsetup I am using without problems:

-mod=ATStandards\@CBA_A3;ATStandards\@sthud;ATStandards\@test;ATStandards\@full_nvg;ATStandards\@hats;ATStandards\@AT_MoP;ATStandards\@BC-Phoenix;ATStandards\@BC-Skies;ATStandards\@waffeln;ATStandards\@VTS_Gesture;ATStandards\@CAF_AG1.5;ATStandards\@LOP;ATStandards\@JumpMF;Terrains\@Bornholm;ATStandards\@RHSAFRF;ATStandards\@RHSUSF;ATStandards\@cyp_pushtohear_a3;ATStandards\@cup_vehicles;ATStandards\@cup_weapons;ATStandards\@cup_units;Terrains\@CUP_Terrains;Terrains\@panthera;Terrains\@isladuala;Terrains\@islands;Terrains\@prkz;Terrains\@vegetation;Terrains\@lingor3;Terrains\@Esseker

That chance is anything but "odd" - problems with PW6 are quite common. I put 10 bucks on the root of the problem being PW6 - probably because one of the mods you're starting has a dependency to AiA still configured in PW6 so it automatically gets started with the others (your screenshot supports this thesis as AiA is listed there as one of the started mods). PW6 is a 3rd-party tool and we can't provide support for problems caused by either the PW6 team or the way it gets used by its users.

A few rules to live by when bug hunting and suspecting a specific mod:

1.) Get the mod directly from the source, not via a 3rd-party tool. In this specific case, that would be the MEGA or the GoogleDrive mirrors as we as the authors have full control over what files are available there and in which state they are. We can't guarantee this for a 3rd-party provider like PW6, Steam Workshop or even Armaholic.

2.) Use a launch tool/method that gives you full control over what mods you start ArmA with. If you don't know how to do this with PW6, use either the BI launcher, ArmA3Sync or command-line options.

3.) Only start the game with the mod you suspect being the culprit, and do not ever, ever, ever use your full mod collection for testing. If you suspect a specific combination of mods to not work together, only use this specific combination. In general you should use at least mods as possible when bug-hunting.

4.) Don't report bugs in forums, chats or the like - they tend to get overseen there. Instead, use the bug report tool provided by the mod author. In this specific case, this would be http://bugs.cup-arma3.org

• Like 1

I am sorry, but this is nonsense.

It is clearly listed, so don't say it isn't there, or that you have no idea why it is showing.

First order of business is to disable all addons and try only CUP Terrains and its dependencies. If this works, the problem is on your side. If it doesn't then we might indeed have a problem, but until you have excluded this possibility stop wasting everybody's time hoping for a magical cure.

Yeah, we really have to apologize for being such an inconvenience to you. How we could invest so much time in this just to be annoying to you, is really beyond me.

• Like 3

As I've tried to explain, PW6 WILL automatically bring in AiA_TP if it sees another mod, I.e. a 3rd party map that calls it as a dependency. CUP can't fix this PW6 team need to. They are aware of it... see my link from before.

Good way to check is the "playlist" at the top of the list of browse, and mod presents etc will show a higher count than your collection... that's a sure fire way to tell PW6 is trying to follow dependency rules.

You need to disable all AIA mod

eh chaser, on 25 Dec 2015 - 21:29, said:

snapback.png

FfgxoiX.jpg

CUP                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        AiA

a little criticism from me to the CUP devs..

u wrote there is no need to change something on maps or missions...BUT something like this seems to me like a big step backwards...

do u guys have any plans to "fix" this incompatibility?

regards

"Low shadow setting does that, you have to increase it."

it is not about the shadows..it´s about the new high and architecture of the building itself as u might have a look to the sidewalks etc...

Do you know what config parameter can help to fix floating bushes or rocks ?

8372742015122900001.jpg

You sure this isn't just your graphic settings (regarding Terrain Detail)?

Do you know what config parameter can help to fix floating bushes or rocks ?

Your terrain details aren't high enough. This is just normal arma behavior that you get on vanilla A3 terrains too.

• Like 1

increase draw distance, also multiplayer overrides some of the settings you choose, usually in multiplayer missions there's a separate option to change these settings while in game.

• Like 1

Those settings don't matter in that regard, it's the view and object distance you need to set higher.

Its arma bug, since first arma. Increasing draw distance kill FPS, increasing terrain detail turning on parallax effect which is working most ugly of all games i ever seen (terrain transform few meters before player). This setting should not affect height of hills but it affect. As other bugs like that it is reported since 2 years - nothing happens. You just need to deal with it. This bug will remain with players till arma 6 i think.
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8658

Already tried

I set it to max with the MP Tool (foot, air, car, objects) to 12000, but dont change anything

I notice too it just do it when I zoom with mouse right button.

It is not a big deal :)

Already tried

I set it to max with the MP Tool (foot, air, car, objects) to 12000, but dont change anything

I notice too it just do it when I zoom with mouse right button.

It is not a big deal :)

Actually it is a big deal beacuse its cheating tool - same as rocks, vegetation, you can see players hiding behind the hill, or just AI you will try to shoot down, and you will not be able to, and you will wonder "Why my bullets are not hitting target"

I have found, it's the grass setting, but the behavior is strange > removing grass causes terrain erosion,

look, grass setting to high > ok

4913122015122900002.jpg

Grass setting to none > problem

5498012015122900003.jpg

I have found, it's the grass setting, but the behavior is strange > removing grass causes terrain erosion,

look, grass setting to high > ok

Grass setting to none > problem

The name "Grass setting" is just misleading, it's actually means "Terrain detail". It changes both the grass and terrain mesh. So you can't have no grass with detailed terrain.