Jump to content
CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Recommended Posts

On 14/01/2018 at 8:12 AM, torndeco said:

Anyway sounds like you are missing CUP_Worlds pbo which is part of CUP Core
Just download CUP Core manually via http://cup-arma3.org/download
If you want copy the meta.cpp from your steamworkshop download etc

 

Am actually on holidays visiting my son, so had to remote access PC back home... just finished attempting the suggested fix for

CUP issues via http://cup-arma3.org/download, github version this time... updated keys etc... still receiving the same response as OP.

 

Any other ideas? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a guess here, but it would seem more reasonable to assume CUP changing their PBO path is what’s causing the error, rather than you missing the files.

 

My best guess is Makhno will need to update his map(s).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.1.2018 at 4:49 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Just a guess here, but it would seem more reasonable to assume CUP changing their PBO path is what’s causing the error, rather than you missing the files.

 

My best guess is Makhno will need to update his map(s).

 

Pretty sure we didn't changed the classname of CUP_Worlds. I looked it up and the last change to that file was in Oct 2017 and even than only some minor fixes and no rename.

So I am pretty sure CUP_Worlds is there  and intact.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, CUP said:

Moved CUP_Terrains_World/Weather to its own pbo CUP_Terrains_Weather to prevent circular dependencies when using snow. (Core)

I’m sure I’m wrong and haven’t looked at Makhno’s map myself, but I was referring to this change. It was just a guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 1:27 AM, Numbat177 said:

 

Am actually on holidays visiting my son, so had to remote access PC back home... just finished attempting the suggested fix for

CUP issues via http://cup-arma3.org/download, github version this time... updated keys etc... still receiving the same response as OP.

 

Any other ideas? ;)


Github version ?
Just start from scratch & try run the bare number of addons etc
Chances are you have a bad download / or messed something up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all !

 

There is a problem with "House_K_2_basehide_EP1" Land_House_K_2_basehide_EP1,  impossible to open door.

 

Solutions ? :)

 

Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Casseburne said:

Hi all !

 

There is a problem with "House_K_2_basehide_EP1" Land_House_K_2_basehide_EP1,  impossible to open door.

 

Solutions ? :)

 

Regards,

Hi ! Can you create a ticket on the bug tracker please ?
http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be remembering incorrectly, but when you edited the time of day, didn't the interior lights in buildings come on automatically?  Is there a way to turn on interior lights in structures (I didn't see anything like that in the edit terrain object module)?

 

Edit: Ok so it's not just CUP terrains where there are no interior lights anymore, vanilla terrains are like that too.  Am I really mis-remembering interiors being lit?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

I may be remembering incorrectly, but when you edited the time of day, didn't the interior lights in buildings come on automatically?  Is there a way to turn on interior lights in structures (I didn't see anything like that in the edit terrain object module)?

 

Edit: Ok so it's not just CUP terrains where there are no interior lights anymore, vanilla terrains are like that too.  Am I really mis-remembering interiors being lit?

 

I don't remember either way, but TPW's mod may be the answer you're looking for, if I'm understanding your question correctly.  He has a line in the config that can turn on or off houselights.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something compelled me to go back and reinstall Arma 2/OA and it brought something to my attention. I noticed that they had in place a way of almost overlaying the satmap on the close-range ground textures and the clutter/grass, and predictably, it made everything blend really, really well. is that at all possible with arma 3? I just keep finding myself disappointed with how arma 2 ported terrains have been looking. though unfortunately as I understand it, the process of fixing everything up is long tedious, and often without guide. I feel like I recall seeing lighting and clutter parameters in config examples on the wiki that seemed to work in this direction but I've never really tried any of that. I have a feeling that part of the reason a lot of things look off in arma 3 opposed to arma 2 is because they were made to work with this system of sat blending but that didn't get carried over in porting.

CPFJecZ.jpgyhdjJPf.jpg

edit: upon review, it appears this is at work on CUP chernarus, but not so much takistan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm trying to download and install the terrain map on the dedicated server. downloaded from armaholic 2.01 GB. I downloaded the mod from the workshop for myself and the file size is 3.58 GB. I see some pbos like  cup_terrains_maps_abel.pbo which I don't have it on armaholic version. so is there the problem with workshop version or armaholic ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Persian MO said:

 I'm trying to download and install the terrain map on the dedicated server. downloaded from armaholic 2.01 GB. I downloaded the mod from the workshop for myself and the file size is 3.58 GB. I see some pbos like  cup_terrains_maps_abel.pbo which I don't have it on armaholic version. so is there the problem with workshop version or armaholic ?

 

Cain and Abel are both CWA maps, and part of the extra package CUP Terrains CWA. You need to download that separately.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I do not know if it has already been reported but I have downloaded the latest version of the core package ( Terrains 1.4.2 Core ) and when I install it I am reporting this error.

Quote

Picture \cup\terrains\cup_terrains_core\cup_terrains_logo_mod.paa not found

How do I solve the problem?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dex01 said:

Hi all,

I do not know if it has already been reported but I have downloaded the latest version of the core package ( Terrains 1.4.2 Core ) and when I install it I am reporting this error.

How do I solve the problem?

Thanks

 

Sounds like a corrupt download. Is this from the workshop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dex01 said:

 

Hm, that is weird. Still, it sounds like a corrupt download. Can you post your RPT file? (preferrably to a pastebin)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

 

Hm, that is weird. Still, it sounds like a corrupt download. Can you post your RPT file?

Now I can not access the PC where I installed Arma 3, but I'm trying to download the package from google drive instead of torrent.

If I do not solve, I will post the RPT file.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

nevermind, cross that out

Edited by KalleK
problem solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CUPREP #0008: Breaking News!

 

CUP_RHS.jpg

 

As an important part of our community have requested it to happen, we are happy to finally be able to announce that we have come to an agreement with another long standing modding group for Arma3 :

Pending the release of BI Tanks DLC, RHS and CUP teams have agreed to merge development forces to provide the community with an unified mod!

This is not going to happen overnight, so please have some patience, but there is a lot to look ahead for. Part of this move is done in order to reduce workload on both of the teams while removing duplicated assets and finally provide a better solution for the end user.

The second and more important reason, and this is news on its own is that our DLC pitch have been accepted by Bohemia Interactive !!

What we can safely divulge at this stage is that some of the most requested content so far, such as US Striker family, LAV-25, M16A2 and SCAR families together with RU MTLB lineup and RPK variations are being made from scratch and will be available alongside a lot of other undisclosed content in this upcoming DLC.

More information regarding the DLC will be made public once Bohemia Interactive will allow us to share it with the community.

Stay tuned!

PS: We have yet to come up with a name that we are happy with for this merger, so feel free to provide suggestions.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost got me... Almost... April Fools!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Valken said:

Almost got me... Almost... April Fools!

 

Who would make such an effort on a holiday?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×