CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

The Land_Mil_Guardhouse_EP1 model is now floating a couple of meters off the ground in Takistan and Zargabad, the Land_Mil_Guardhouse (eu) version is fine in the maps it's in.

2rpd5yt.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DPM said:

The Land_Mil_Guardhouse_EP1 model is now floating a couple of meters off the ground in Takistan and Zargabad, the Land_Mil_Guardhouse (eu) version is fine in the maps it's in.

2rpd5yt.jpg

Torndeco fixed this already in our internal branch. Will be fixed Soon™ for everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No more downloads for CUP Terrains Complete ?

2 hours ago, maquez said:

No more downloads for CUP Terrains Complete ?

No, maintaining so many packages becomes quite unwieldy, so it was decided to drop the Complete pack. Simply download all three separate packs instead, and if you want to you can copy it all together into one addon.

• Like 2

With Terrains 1.4.1 loaded (core, maps, cwa) + all other CUP mods (units, weapons, vehicles) + CBA, I am getting

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Thirsk.description'.

when I try to open a saved mission in Eden.  Thirsk isn't loaded.  Anyone else getting this?

I had the same issue with PR Fata.

Ended up putting the terrain back into the mix just to stop the error message.

7 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

I had the same issue with PR Fata.

Ended up putting the terrain back into the mix just to stop the error message.

Lol yeah I get it with FATA also. I removed FATA completely just see what would happen, because I was curious, and it listed another map in its place in the error. Figure it’s probably just an endless chain of harmless errors. :) Caused by who knows what but it seems almost certainly harmless. It’s been this way forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

With Terrains 1.4.1 loaded (core, maps, cwa) + all other CUP mods (units, weapons, vehicles) + CBA, I am getting

when I try to open a saved mission in Eden.  Thirsk isn't loaded.  Anyone else getting this?

Just ignore the message you will be ok.
Arma is just confused, because CUP Terrains has some custom config changes for some 3rd party maps i.e light fixes.

I did come up with workaround way to prevent the error message, but will display the missions for the maps and if you load the missionfile  arma will just error & quit to desktop :/

If I load Thirsk, then the message no longer occurs.....

I don't remember seeing this issue before 1.4.1.

Looks like CUP Terrains 1.4.2 packs are available for download!  Will there be an official announcement soon?

Hello, and Happy New Year! We're happy to bring you the release of 1.4.2. This is a small update intended to fix some of the more recent issues. As per usual, please report any issues you may find on our bug tracker.

Google Drive, SteamWS, and torrent links should be updated. With the other sources to follow shortly. You can find the links to the downloads here on our website.

Here is the changelog:

Spoiler

FIXED:
* Fixed Bad proxy objects - closes issue T2336  (Core)
* Fixed occluder issue with Land_ammostore2/Land_cwa_ammostore2 - closes issue T2337  (Core/CWA)
* Fixed opening second ammobox inside Land_ammostore2/Land_cwa_ammostore2  (Core/CWA)
* Fixed Land_Pumpa, now able to use pump more than once  (Core)
* Fixed Land_HouseV_1I4 Fire Geo (Core)
* Fixed Destructible Windows on Land_A_Hospital  (Core)
* Fixed Land_A_Villa, opening top door - closes issue T2355 (Core)
* Fixed floating Land_Mil_Guardhouse_ep1  (Core)
* Fixed re-added CUP_Animations_Data / CUP_Animations_Config back to cfgPatches (pbo was removed in previous release)  (Core)
* Fixed Alpha on ibr_plantsclutter_grass_flowers (Core)
* Fixed Face Normal on multiple p3ds  (Core/CWA/Maps)

IMPROVED:
* Improved Land_A_Hospital, AI Paths added for ground floor + AI can enter through broken windows  (Core)
* Improved Land_A_Hospital, can now open front sliding doors (Core)
* Improved Land_A_Office Open/Close Door Detection (Core)
* Moved CUP_Terrains_World/Weather to its own pbo CUP_Terrains_Weather to prevent circular dependencies when using snow. (Core)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

On 12/21/2017 at 2:17 PM, OMAC said:

Also true with Terrains 1.4.2...

Have had this issue since updating server CUP files today..  it has killed our server.. I have reinstalled the trio of updates several times, from 2 different PCs to ensure not a corrupted file... anyone know how to fix???  rpt log message:

Addon 'pja310' requires addon 'CUP_Worlds'

Thanks a million to anyone who can shine some light on a fix. 

• Like 1

that looks like a mission that has some object/ or something that is not going to play nice with an update...

remove all the missions that have pja310  (para jumper 310). 

4 hours ago, kklownboy said:

that looks like a mission that has some object/ or something that is not going to play nice with an update...

remove all the missions that have pja310  (para jumper 310). 

As HeroesandvillainsOS prompted above, pja310 (otherwise known as G.O.S. Al Rayak) is a map by GOS_Makhno, which is dependant on CUP_terrains to render Arma2 objects that are within the map. (map link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=648172507&searchtext=)

I know "something is not playing nice" due to the recent CUP updates, I have spent almost 3 months building up a server around this map (has me at my wits end already :headscratch:) which is why I was hoping that someone here knew how to work around this issue, so I can still use the map and not have to start from scratch which would induce a meltdown on my behalf! lol. ;) 

You are just having issues with downloading CUP Core via Steam Workshop.
Steam Workshop can and does mess up at times, normally it fixes itself after so X amount of days.
I have seen it bug out and random fix itself after 3-4 days

Anyway sounds like you are missing CUP_Worlds pbo which is part of CUP Core
Just download CUP Core manually via http://cup-arma3.org/download
If you want copy the meta.cpp from your steamworkshop download etc

17 hours ago, torndeco said:

You are just having issues with downloading CUP Core via Steam Workshop.
Steam Workshop can and does mess up at times, normally it fixes itself after so X amount of days.
I have seen it bug out and random fix itself after 3-4 days

Anyway sounds like you are missing CUP_Worlds pbo which is part of CUP Core
Just download CUP Core manually via http://cup-arma3.org/download
If you want copy the meta.cpp from your steamworkshop download etc

Hey torndeco :)

I did try the download from CUPs org site as well, just to be sure.
I have experienced the not working, made no changes, now working phenomenon which is Arma or Steam.. or somebody!  lol
But thanks for the heads up regarding steam workshop, I will give it another crack tomorrow and hopefully the 'tada' moment happens! ;)